re-roll Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, May 30, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wade_watts Augur

Since Yelinak is a clear failure less than a week into it - can we just merge this into a different server now and get a ruleset people actually want to play on?
  2. Triconix Augur

Literally in high demand. Try again, troll.
  3. Sarvis Journeyman

Not really reasonable to expect every tlp launch to be as massive as the last two. I do wish we had a more interesting ruleset this year though.
  4. Neuro Elder

We did. It's called Vaniki. It's a lot of fun.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  5. Sarvis Journeyman

Yah I guess that is interesting for some people. I just meant personally.
  6. Enuen Journeyman

Someone who enjoys putting together server population numbers posted these for Saturday evening at 9pm EST:

Mischief 1330
    Yelinak 2971
    Vaniki 798
    Thornblade 342

So, in your mind, a server with more than double the pop of Mischief in prime time is a failure, eh?

I don't know where these "Yelinak is a failure" idiots are coming from, but it's time for them to go back. The server is doing great despite your ridiculous pronouncements.
  7. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

I don't get the whole popularity contest of servers. It's just weird. Why are so many people so proud to jump on bandwagons?
    Lanffear likes this.
  8. Arclyte Augur

confirmed mad
  9. Mike Morbid New Member

Please explain why you consider it a clear failure.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

DBG made improvements to how they launch TLP so now when its not a complete and utter cluster with queues a week later and constant crashes like Aradune was they think its a failure. :rolleyes:
  11. Gnomie Denser than most

Yelinak will remain popular for the krono-farming crew until the next set of TLPs, then die, but those who enjoy the early game will enjoy it just like every other generic TLP that came before it. It'll leave behind 1-2 raid guilds that will go through to classic.

Vaniki will likely die long before that. Half the zones are still buggy and wrong era from originally intended, and all but a few folks will realize that zerging down mobs while dying 200+ times isn't fun, nor will it help in the later expansions when you can only do things in DZ's of 54 people.
  12. Elskidor Augur

Wow, they still haven't merged Thornblade? That shoulda been done a month after Mischief released.

I came back to try Vaniki but decided just to go back to Mischief. Vaniki won't last long but Yelinak will remain booming. Hardly a failure, even if a big portion is just Krono farmers.
  13. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

At least until the numbers get too big and scary. Or things start to feel less familiar and comfortable. I'm guessing sometime between GoD and DoN
    Aenoan likes this.
  14. TimeBreak Elder

I never understood their reasoning in not merging 2 servers started on the same day way earlier than they ever do. How many times did they plan one server, it gets overwhelmed so they decided to drop a second, and then by Velious the 2nd server has maybe 2 guilds left.
    The earliest I remember them merging 2 servers was Sleeper into Combine in GoD, they were the first TLPs. Have they ever merged others before or during GoD? Always seems when 1 server is effectively dead is when they decide to just merge them finally.
  15. wade_watts Augur

Where did you generate these numbers from sir? General channel population or something? /laugh

Yelinak is a clear failure. Compared to the last couple TLP's this one is objectively terrible. If you can't see it, you probably haven't even tried to play on it.
  16. Mike Morbid New Member

You first. Where did you get your claim from?
  17. Windance Augur

I am also interested to know how they figured out the population of server.
  18. Dizdemona Lorekeeper

There are over 500 accounts in my guild alone…so according to that we’re competing with the entire Vaniki server with just us, lol.
  19. Triconix Augur

Do us all a favor and go back to sticking your head in sand.
  20. wade_watts Augur

Oof. You guys clearly want the server to be successful - kudos to you for your optimism!. Keep hoping I guess.

Everyone knew it would be a failure and here we are. Standing on the smoldering pile of garbage that is Yelinak.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.