For TOL zones, change shades back to living mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, May 22, 2022.

1. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Go try it out and then come back and talk to me.

I've been using my overpowered bard double invis for ToV, but I was using this item and it's "invis" to get through the undead ulthorks, the mermaids, the fish, etc... all the time in Cobalt Scar. It does drop at times - just like a cloudy potion though.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

The description seems to indicate only normal invis. on this. Have you tested this on undead creatures? In any case, thank you for reminding me of it. I will start working to get one so I can try it out.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

I just looked in KV. The aliens dont see through it, but the shades do.
  4. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

The only real solution to this problem is redoing mob placement in every zone in EQ to match the original intent of the zone's designer. Working on EQ "fixing" things is great, but not understanding what your "fix" will be break is a problem and this one broke a lot of things.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  5. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

There's no problem
  6. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Yeah, I double checked it too. I'm going to chalk it up to confusion on my end due to stupid restless ice infected mobs (as in by lore, not the DoT that mobs would cast on us). Because protective ulthorks must be flagged as both undead and animals? They don't see through the invis from the umbra click, but they see through IVU but I can use pure undead nukes on them like Vanquish the Fallen and Doctrine of Annulment and slay undead goes off while fighting them.

So, ummm - my bad. Ignore my post about the umbra invisibility being a form of double invis.

Now I'm more confused about the body type issue. Qwalla mentioned that they can't / don't do compound body types (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?posts/4122988/). If that's the case, then how in the world are they doing the mobs like the protective ulthorks? What body type are they? I always thought the mobs with the cracked ice texture were undead versions of the normal mobs but that appears to be wrong. Either that or Qwalla is wrong about being able to use compound body types.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The answer your looking for is druids!
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yes there is, people just are not grouping in SV or BOA is it is near on impossible to get there unless you have someone who can port, bard or someone 2 classes that can stack one of each. Heaven forbid you try and join a group who have already started killing. It's not even 100% safe to rez in KV by the portal to SV.

Campfires for groups without being in a fellowship would be great to solve this issue.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Randel Flag Elder

oo0oh noooo see invis mobs !! I'TS TO HAAAARD!
    Timmyboi likes this.
  10. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Simple solution: bind in SV at the BoA zoneline. Even for melees, bind potions are not that expensive in bazaar. I snap them up every time I see a 5-pack under 200k.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Having to buy something that only comes from a LoN Loot pack in order to play the game is ridiculous and an insult to the player. The zones were all balanced around certain mobs NOT being undead and not being able to see through normal invis. Then changes were made that gave undead body type status and thus see invis to mobs that previously did not have it. Changing the ability of players to transverse a zone is never ideal, but it is even worse when it is a side effect of other changes that had nothing to do with the transferability of the zones.

The ToL zones are not the only ones with these issues. There are tons of older zones that have been equally trashed by these changes. Some of them, like Upper HoT, had even previously been purposefully changed to make it easier to transverse.
    Yinla likes this.