For TOL zones, change shades back to living mobs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, May 22, 2022.

1. Fian Augur

Hey, I get it. Shades should be undead. I thought so when the expansion first came out. However, when you create zones you don't just randomly plop mob types throughout the zones - or at least I hope that isn't what devs do. You craft the zones, put challenges in some places, safe spots in others. Shades were used extremely liberally in the TOL zones, and by changing their body type, it makes questing in those zones extremely difficult for KV, Vex Thal, Bloodfalls, BOA, and to a lesser extent Shadow Valley. If you really want shades to be undead, then you need to change their placement throughout the expansion. Frankly it isn't worth that effort at this point - just make shades living mobs again.

And this is just the latest expansion. I can only imagine the torture of all of the earlier expansions that are now not balanced correctly. You really needed to put more review effort into this change with the goal of 0 changes in mob behavior as a result of your body type consolidation. That obviously failed in TOL, so instead of telling us the new body type is better, just bite the bullet, and set shades to the body type that makes them living.
    Sprooce and blood & gufts like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Are shades really undead?

They are minions, so they are either summoned or magical.

Shadows are not undead as they were never alive in the first place and IMHO should be magical.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Live mobs and undead mobs should NOT cohabit. Its unnatural.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Unnatural things happens in Everquest. That is the whole point of necromancers and shadowknights...:p
    Hobitses and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  5. Malbro Augur

Easy fix, one invisibility does both ivu and regular invis.
    Hobitses and Nennius like this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or, some quest to get or make something that can do both.
    Toukan likes this.
  7. uberkingkong Augur

Bard AA,
    Ask someone to invis you
  8. Allayna Augur

They'd just leave WAR, CLR, PAL off it like usual.

I'd be okay with either option, going back to live mobs or leaving them as undead. I'm not a huge fan of the "invis across an entire expansion" mentality but maybe that's because as a class I don't have a fixed duration invis.
    Annastasya and Nennius like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

We paladins have grown used to being left out. :)
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sadly, most bards seem to have gone union and are demanding scale for the gig. And. there are also times when a need to go somewhere in a zone can come up quite unexpectedly. Time can be short, and since most bards are a bit flaky at times, they arrive just a bit too late. :p
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes, they're created from the sacrifice of living beings. There is a whole quest line about it.
    Cavall and Fian like this.
  12. tUVDALLE New Member

I dont know but raid nights are a sh*t show trying to run thru KV to get to SV for that raid. Half the raid ends up dead and needs to be dragged and rezzed. How hard is it just to make the mobs in the hallways on the way thru there not see thru invis? Just an added pain that doesnt need to be and i thought they fixed that the last patch but noooo they couldnt even do that right. It's not rocket science.
  13. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

How hard is it to have a couple groups ported to the zone so you can set the guild banner (inside or outside)?
    Cavall, Svann2 and Timmyboi like this.
  14. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

This
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

a raid force should have no problem just clearing a path through group mobs.
    Warpeace likes this.
  16. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

17. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Porting isn't even necessary but its obviously the most simple solution. Just double invis. Bards can do it with a single click. Only 12 are needed for a banner. How is this difficult? I'm flabbergasted that people are dying from this.
  18. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

19. Svann2 The Magnificent

But then they would have to invite wizards. No one wants that!
    jk jk
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent