Let us pay 5 more Dollars

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rayzen, May 25, 2022.

1. Rayzen Elder

Let us pay 5 more Dollars, and just add the perks to a standard Subscription, please. Also, add them to time gained by use of Krono, please. I use krono to renew my subscriptions a lot, and if I'm not on the dot renewing perks, it's kind of a pain in the butt. I don't know how the majority of other ppl feel, but I'd just rather give Daybreak 20 Bucks, and only have to worry about it once a month. I'm just going to say this in advance, because I know ppl are going to whine; If 5 dollars is breaking the bank, then there's always free to play.....just sayin.;)
  2. Gwen New Member

I don't want perks. I don't think everyone should have to pay an extra 5 bucks a month because you are lazy. Thanks though.
  3. Keenween Elder

:eek::rolleyes: NO Thanks
    Wdor, Cavall, A_ranger001 and 4 others like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

I am also on the "Let Rayzen pay 5 more dollars club".

Could we also add a "$5/mo hard mode" sub version that has reduced XP gain, doesn't let you use prestige items but also lets you earn AAs?
    Dre., Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've always thought they should let you accrue AAs while F2P, with no cap. Would that be an incentive to sub, so you could allocate a few hundred (maybe a thousand) AA? I sure think it would ;)
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What are you blathering on about? You want the $5 for perks to be inclusive in the monthly membership charge?

There are many of us who do not want perks. Or we do not pay with Krono. Or we Have annual, 3 month or 6 month memberships which all have different sub amounts.

They would have to revamp the entire billing system. Even more so since Krono give you 30 or 31 days unlike credit cards that give you the full month no matter how many days.

Instead of changing the entire game to suit you, why don't you change your way of paying?

I have no use for extra trader bags (I have 4 traders up already which is enough space) I do not need any of the other perks either.

The definition of a perk is a benefit.

A perk is a desirable extra that is additional to what you are getting

Perks are not desirable to me but for those of you who do like them - carry on!

I am sure their marketing department researched that they make more money and retain more subscribers with the addition of perks and not the raising of the monthly fee
  7. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

If inflation has them charging $5 more per month while providing nothing additional, do they get partial credit on your request fulfillment?
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The price isn't that much more then it was back in 1999 and when you get to the 12 month deal it is pretty much the same.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If the base sub was 5 bucks more it would make EQ the most expensive MMO right now, not a good look for a game with only around 80k players (including thousands of boxes).
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And how would you handle the lifetime accounts that have no subscription?

Better to just leave as is, and let players decide if they think the perks are worth extra or not.
  11. Herf Augur

Nope nope nope nope.
    A_ranger001 and Yinla like this.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or for me, but is there a monthly price that folks here WOULD pay to have them become part of a regular subscription? One dollar, two? I'm not sure I would pay anything more for them, but clearly there are people who are willing to do so.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm no thanks.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think a limited edition cosmetic with each month of membership would have been better monetization than perks.

It would be more work but you would have seen way more alt accounts subscribing for a special one-time illusion, mount, weapon or armor ornament(s), familiar, or teleport.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

No. No. No. No.

In closing....No.

Now, if Darkpaw offered a 1 yr perk sub for $50, I'd be down for that.
    Lucentio, Herf and Kaenneth like this.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

All this talk about subs, now I want Jimmy Johns. :)
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

You sir, are evil. :)
    Flatchy likes this.
  18. Burdi Augur

In real life you don’t throw 5 dollars without a service expectation.
    Eq is not a charity, but a company with shareholders.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Lower the cost the sub a few bucks and convert the FTP boxes to paid members.
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Not only that, but remember how long it took to fix the elevator from Mistmore to Bloodfalls,
    Now it brings up the fact that they make it that we can't play parts of a zone due to a 'change' (patch, fix... or whatever they have a reason for) .. Intel mission in Bloodfalls. Now I can't do this mission solo. I don't even go into Bloodfalls anymore unless we raid. This was just the tiny things that they keep changing AFTER I pay for an expansion, play the expansion... and expect the experience to stay the same. While dumping $ into the company.

Not only am I paying the 'perk' which these where previously part of new expansions in the past (spell slots,bag slots etc).. but I'm dumping hundreds of dollars in DB store.
    Herf and Skuz like this.