Memorial Day Bonuses for 2022??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dudeisbeast, May 17, 2022.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You’re on the official forums, where people are supposed to direct their questions.

Bonuses change, sales change, dates and times change.
    Eteract likes this.
  2. Triconix Augur

Do They change? Like seriously, Do they really change? Are you sure they do?

Literally 10 seconds of googling I can go back 3 years where the bonuses are always on Memorial day weekend (obviously, it's memorial day weekend bonus), the bonuses are the same, and the sales are the same. :rolleyes:

Again, people are shocked for literally the same thing happening on the same weekend every single year. It's like being shocked when seeing the sun set to the west.
  3. Hitmehard New Member

All that instead of just closing the tab. Why even be on the forums if you can’t just walk away from stupid questions? That’s all this place is even for.
    Eteract and Stymie like this.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

That was an awful lot of "literally" usage just to say go figure it out yourself, in my opinion.
    Eteract likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

It likely wont show until Thursday or Friday because it should contain a 20% instead of 10% membership marketplace discount, they almost never announce these until the day of, to get as full of a price out of people as possible
    Eteract likes this.
  6. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

There's always the possibility there won't be bonuses this year because they don't want to affect the leveling rate on the just-launched progression servers.
    Eteract likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not related.

They will have bonus this weekend and then put us all into withdrawal with that 24 hour down time on June 15.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Brell giveth. Brell taketh away.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I wonder how people can justify picking Agnostic, after visiting the gods.
  10. Zarkdon Augur

Agnostic is a poor choice of wording. I think they were looking for more of an "unaligned" or "not devoted one specific diety" rather the "I am not sure if any diety exists or not" that the modern interpretation of the word means.
  11. Tevik Augur

This sounds about right. We beat them up and took their stuff. Creators or not, we don't need to hold any reverence for these puny gods.
  12. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

[IMG]
    Skuz and Fanra like this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Brell laughs at your insignificance. Muahahahahahahahahaha

Also, he wants me to remind the dwarven peoples that the weekly pizza and ale party will go on as planned. And there will be ice cream this time. Yum.

And sadly, the t-shirts did NOT arrive on time.
    Flatchy likes this.
  14. TheAgenda Augur

Incorrect. This is a sacred gathering place for vitriol, tears, and desperation concentrate.

Anywho, the strategy behind not announcing until the last minute is a simple one. If people know ahead of time that there's going to be bonuses, they'll wait to buy from the marketplace until after bonuses take effect. But if they're unsure or unaware, they'll keep buying as per usual, then continue to buy during the bonus.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

[IMG]
  16. Santia New Member

Nothing like waiting until the last minute, nothing posted anywhere I have looked except previous years and something for EverquestII How sad and disappointing for the original players... I personally have been playing since 2001 and I know others that have played since the very beginning.
    "Welcome to the Memorial Day Celebration 2022 for EverQuest II! This year, we're remembering all our heroes by offering familiar training drops, double Hunter's Coins (on Kaladim and Tarinax), and 20% discounts on past familiar packs. This year's event begins at 12:00 a.m. PDT on May 24, 2022, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PDT on May 31, 2022.Come join your fellow Norrathians as we pay tribute to the valor and bravery shown by so many over the years."
    As of this exact minute 10:00 am CST NOTHING posted anywhere in game or other places about any double experience. Is anybody else frustrated by this? Why would they change something they have done for years? This feels like they are mor focused on other things rather than the ole original, like they want nothing but for the game to end in failure.
  17. Gnomie Denser than most

I'm still salty that Mischief should be in omens as of yesterday, but they pushed us back a week and the exp event ends the night before it goes to OOW....i'm not a tinfoil hat wearer, but it seems sus.
  18. SnapVine Augur

Again, the times in 2 of those posts are different and today's time is different than last year, so I guess things do change, huh?
    minimind likes this.
  19. MmmmBop Wise Troll

To be fair, if you continued his quote, he did compare memorial day bonuses to the sun setting in the west...

And if you think about it like that, he was kind of spot on. For instance, yesterday the sun set in the west at 8:50 PM and tonight it's happening at 8:51 PM... You would have to be an idiot to be shocked that the sun set in the west, but it's totally normal for it to happen at a slightly different time. :D
  20. Droctrebor Journeyman

So then technically the OP's original post and questioning was completely in line and relevant since things do change...which still makes Triconix in need of a nap. Also, starting technically Saturday morning (midnight PST) is a major change for someone that may have wanted to take work off on Friday to get a head start.
    Stymie likes this.