Mercs and UI

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Aenoan, May 21, 2022.

1. Aenoan Augur

Couple of questions.

1. Are DPS mercs worth it at all? I am generally only 2 boxing, so I'll usually fill my box with a cleric merc and my tank/main (monk) with a dps and was wondering if having the rogue or wizard was any good as a j5

2. I am trying to fix my UI and making the best of a outdated system but is there anyway to color my buttons as in the pic below?
    [IMG]
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

1. I usually box a 120 paladin and a 120 rogue. The paladin typically has a healer merc. and the rogue a DPS merc. I didn't think of this myself. Some bright folks here suggested it. This combination has made a big difference in what I can do when I can't get real players.

2. I have almost no skills at UI's. I might suggest asking the same question at eqinterface.com. Those folks do have the skills at UI's.
    Aenoan likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Two things you can do:
    1. Make a new social that activates the required ability, and then change the button text color to something that stands out. You might be able to color the text of an ability hotbutton, I forget.

2. Right click on the hotbutton to bring up the dropdown menu and choose to add an icon

There's a crap ton of cool icons you can add to the button to make it stand out.
    Aenoan likes this.
  4. Aenoan Augur

When I get a chance I will definitely play around with this and try it, it was really annoying to have my keybinds overlap abilities especially anything with a modifier and since I am semi-returning to the game I haven't memorized my class abilities entirely.

I guess I could hide the hotkeys too lol or better yet DG could fix their UI.

But thank you! I will try it out.