Should I start a new char on an old account or make a new account?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mikelish, May 21, 2022.

1. mikelish New Member

I played on Mangler a couple years ago. On Mangler I was using a very old EQ account. Now I want to start some chars on Yelinak.

I remember on Mangler, when GoD opened up I could not /claim the "Taelosian Morphemic Staff" because I had already claimed it on Test server many years before.

That old account does have over 1000 DB bucks, but it will never be able to /claim the Staff again.

I want to make sure I do things correctly for Yelinak server, should I use my old account or make a new account for Yelinak?
  2. Aenoan Augur

I don't think it really matters. You can't use the staff on TLPs as its part of the Gates of Discord expansion and by then you'd have better stat stick at that point.
  3. mikelish New Member

Many of my guildies used it on TLP (Mangler). The staff is used for "Faction modifier item for Nihil and Yunjo Slave Resistance."

4. Aenoan Augur

If you wanna do the BIC quest , but you can also still just grind the faction.
    Is it still even available if you spend all that money buying expansions to get the rewards. Seems like a lot of money for just an item that will be forever locked yet again to one character for an item that don't' get me wrong is great but still replaceable.
  5. mikelish New Member

Yes, I plan on doing the BiC quest on Yelinak. I've never bought an expansion. I don't plan on ever buying any expansion packs.
  6. KimchiGoddess Augur

TBH if the account is years and years old, it's worth it to keep using it going forward. I have 4 accounts of various ages, one only a couple years old and the ones that date back almost 20 years have so much good stuff to claim as the life of the server goes on and new expansions open. Some of my chars are able to get lots of rank 3 xp pots and some of them don't get to claim anything like that. I wish I still had my original 1999 account for whatever claims that thing would have. Some of those really good claims have 999 claims so you can use them on different characters/servers.
  7. Elite_raider Augur

You can buy the staff from the DB store when GoD drops, I think it costs like 200 or something.
  8. Numiko Augur

There is no way a item claimed on test could effect an claim on live, or TLP servers. there is no cross over between them. They are considered totally independent of each other.

You should have petitioned if you could not claim it on the TLP, there must be some other bug causing it not to be claimable in GoD .
  9. Smak Augur

Use the old account, should have loyalty and db cash you can use.
  10. Zanmuk New Member

Mike i be on server look me up we group up long time since mangler
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Do you know that or are guessing? Because I know you could claim things on beta and it would remove it from your live list at one point. No reason test would be any different. People on test use claims too, so why would you think it wouldn't count?
  12. Nolrog Augur

The staff was for sale on the DB Market for 300 station cash (3 bucks). I know a lot of people that bought one including myself.