server merge transfer rules

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Joules_Bianchi, May 18, 2022.

1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Phinigel and Miragul are merging to Vox, Phinigel characters can free transfer, Obviously Miragul characters were free level 85,s so are blocked from free transfers, <but>

Why no free transfers OFF Vox to make room for the incoming Miragul characters?

A bit of history is in order-

Trakanon server was left neglected for a decade with literally NO player base, then merged those abandoned characters to Vox so now character slots are already full there.

For like 8? yearsTrakanon used to be free transfer off due to the lack of population, but now that they're pushing TWO servers of characters into this, they are disallowed. This is counterintuitive.

Please reinstate the free transfer OFF Trakanon(Now Vox)
  2. Captain Video Augur

Miragul characters will be able to free transfer to any Live server of your choice as soon as the latest patch goes live.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The request is to allow VOX charcters / Formerly free to transfers Trakanon characters who were pushed to Vox OFF to allow room for incoming Miragul characters.

Aware what the current rule set is, just curious why not allow VOX people to choose also? Many of us have characters on both. We shouldn't have to pay to transfer VOX characters off their home server or essentially lose 14 character slots on an account.

Again the question is:
    (you may choose one)

1) Why no free transfers OFF Vox to make room for the incoming Miragul characters?

2) Why no free transfers OFF Vox to make room for the incoming Miragul characters?

3) Why no free transfers OFF Vox to make room for the incoming Miragul characters?
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Not according to this
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ll-be-merged-with-vox-on-june-15-2022.282985/
    Yinla likes this.
  5. nazgull2k1 Elder

yeah I was wondering the same thing. In one sentence they talk about merging the servers, the next sentence they say they're offering free transfers.. and then a few sentences later they're saying transferring isnt free.

Wtf is going on? If they're going to merge the server anyways... why NOT offer free early transfers to Vox? I mean.. jesus wouldnt that make the most sense, you're going to do it anyways *(we think)*?
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Server Trakanon was abandoned for a decade, then merged. let people transfer abandoned TRAKavox characters out. They long long after that rolled more substantial characters on Miragul and wish to keep them and play them ON VOX.

Out of all this, The Trakanon server people get hosed for money to have to move out of the way of much more recent characters.

Trakanon was literally a zero population failed server. After years of offering free transfers, they suddenly removed it with the merge to Vox, now it's 3 servers of characters mashed into one and ONLY 1 allowed to free transfer out.

There is zero reason to not allow the reciprocal and allow Vox players to decide the fate of their characters.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They are merging into vox to increase the server population and letting people leave would be counter to that goal. The point of a server merger is to combine server population and they are just being nice to allow people on the server that is being shut down to have a free choice to go elsewhere.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

is not an answer to this question and also cherry picks around the rest of the quote.

Again, zero reason to not allow VoX players to choose to move to accommodate incoming Miragul characters they also own.

You posted that quote and reply as if it were an anwer to tis question.

It is not.

Our family has already PAID to move some dozen stranded Trakanon characters already, left behind lowbies with LoN assets and have characters on Miragul incoming.

Trakanon and Vox players should be given the same respect.

My family were 3 of the maybe 8 people who played daily on trak for literal years.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What reason do they have to let people leave a server that they are trying to increase the population on with a merge? They picked the server because it can support merging in both of those servers and they have no reason to offer free transfers off vox. You are still free to leave the server at any time if you are willing to pay for a transfer.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

Unless people on Miragul have just been on hiatus there aren't many active characters even coming. I play on 3 servers. One of which being Miragul and in the past month I would do a /who all and was usually under 10, 6 of which being mine lol.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Many people OWN characters miragul that they aren't playing because the server was inviable.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Merger isn't about Vox population, it's about Miragul's lack thereof. It has also been the target of a server merge and people's character lists are overcrowded already.

Why are YOU so dead set against it like you have a stake in preventing the idea?

This has the feel of when WoW devs sock puppet so they don't have to fix things. It was pretty common for them to use alt accounts to argue.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If it isn't about the population on Vox what exactly is the issue with how many characters are on Miragul? If your complaint is about the number of characters versus character slots they have never offered free transfers to assist players that are over that cap. It is up to each player to manage the number of characters and decide how they want to handle the issue.
  14. Prepared Lorekeeper

I am guessing I was one of the 8 players on Trakanon. Seeing the free transfer for a long time, I had the option of transferring off for a LONG time to just about any standard server I would have wanted to move to. However, I stayed and am glad I did because I'm now on Vox. I plan to stay on Vox, I have no need to transfer off.

However, there is a free transfer available to you to the Zek server if you would like. Other than that, I don't see why DPaw would provide a free transfer for the Trakanon folks when they had a free transfer available for many years already. It was our choice not to take the gracious free transfer available to us.
    Miragul hasn't had a free transfer off for many years like Trakanon did so giving them that option makes sense to me.
  15. Captain Video Augur

16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Not a complaint, a request that the devlopers of this game 1) respect Vox and Trak players and 2) consider the free transfer policy that Trak had for some 8 years be reinstated do to character transfer glut and NOT force the people on the recieving servers to have to pay (again)

We already had to undergo a round of pay to transfer out from under Vox toonage to reclaim Trak toons, they're all across otther servers. Now they're doing it again.

14 character slots per account, now on 3rd merger. There is

ZERO

gain or reason not to alow Vox transfers off.

In fact, if we can move them to BB they'll level up and buy mounts and such. We're full up on heroics here though. In fact we already deleted some 9 heroics OFF Vox/trak and rerolled them on other servers.

There is no reason to not allow it.

None.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

why?

and who are you to say so? You a dev?
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and this goes to prove, they're still adjusting the rules.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The test/live patch notes mention nothing about free transfers off of Miragul and the post you are referring to saying that there was not free transfers off the server was posted under 24 hours ago.
  20. Captain Video Augur

Quoted from latest test patch notes:

Seems pretty non-ambiguous to me.