Anniversary Raid and other ramblings

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soapy, May 11, 2022.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For us it was zerker legs and a couple of classes we only saw once. Necro legs on the other hand we had 5 or 6, the later ones went to alts.
    Orienn likes this.
  2. Windance Augur

This raid really brought back the love/hate relationship with class specific raid drops.

This raid: class specific drop ... oh darn no BST , MNK, whatever on. Good thing we get to try again later this week.

Current raids: generic template drops ... everyone line up.
  3. Qimble Augur

Hey at least you guys have a weapon that can drop.
  4. Biltene Kingslayer

I like the idea of anniversary content only being available for a limited time. However, although the gear that is as good as, or slightly better than the current top tier items is nice, I would prefer to see unique items in anniversary content to extend the longevity and relevance of these events.

For instance, if this year's raid had a chance to drop say, I don't know, a slot 3 aug that increases run speed, or has a click that gives you selo's, something that would be valuable for people year after year, the content would last longer. Imagine anniversary time where after getting done with the monotonous clear of the current raid schedule, your guild goes and raids all the recent anniversary events for the chance at these one of a kind items. Make them rare enough that they don't drop frequently, but not so rare as to only get 2 or 3 per anniversary. I think it would make anniversary content much more exciting and anticipated and get multiple years worth of use as opposed to the current one and done.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I do agree with you on this as it is much better to have an event that will be worth doing in future years instead of an event that is only worth doing during the expansion it was originally released in.
  6. sieger Augur

I like the idea of special limited time content, but also can see the argument for making it a permanent raid, it does get more use out of the time that went into creating the event. It might be a neat idea in the future when you make a special event raid that comes out for the Anniversary, to also make it re-occur periodically throughout the following year, but not be available all the time. Maybe have some sort unannounced in-game indicator whenever it's available and leave it available for like 2 weeks at a time.
    Ozon likes this.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

Which goalpost are you planting Waring? Are shortened lockouts equal to removing the content OR are changing the lockouts signaling that it stays?
  8. Evurkvest Augur

This. And that is why i think anniversary loot should be more about strong augs, clickys or other special items to make them relevant for more than one expansion.
    cadres and Windance like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not changing anything, the raid was set correctly as it was intended to be temporary and the missions got set in error and later got corrected. Just because they changed one set of lockouts doesn't mean that they should make the raid permanent and change the lockouts to be normal.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The main issue was the sheer randomness of the drops. We farmed it twice a week for the entire duration and still had classes that saw 0 legs drop. Yes, everyone doesn't need the best gear, but it's awful disheartening to not even have a chance at it.

I think it should stick around, personally. There's precedent with the GMM content that was initially planned to be temporary but converted to permanent, so it's not like it's a new idea.
  11. Mazame Augur

Please NO!. they already said they found a link between our current homes and lag. Adding more to this mess is not something I would want them to spend time on. You can already just make an alt and get unlimited homes.
  12. Tevik Augur

Yeah, that was a bit rough. We didn't get skunked on anything, but we did only get one set of mage pants and only two of several others. Meanwhile, we got 6 wizzy pants, and we don't even have any raiding wizards. :rolleyes:
  13. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Oddly enough the person you are quoting did an experiment apparently and proved, at least on his character, that the link was perhaps not the cure all remedy as promised. It made no difference to his lag when he put the ownership of everything under alts, boxes and friends.

Most of us have many alts with many houses and plots already. What he is saying would fix 2 issues. #1 put to use those empty guild plots that a guild cannot use if they own the neighborhood and #2 the mansions could hold more items.

You would need at least 3 alts and 9 plots with 9 houses to equal 1 mansion. Now that's bogging things down.

I am all for McMansions. Have to go get a big mac now.
    Stymie likes this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

While I don't necessarily care either way, to say that it is disheartening to not even have a chance at it is false. Your guild/raid force had a chance at chest drop loots every time you raided the event. I feel bad the RNG did not work in your favor for those six classes, but it is just like camping a named during g anniversary or heritage content. You had a chance at that augment every time you killed that Mistmoore named or that Qeynos Hills anniversary mission in the hopes of a named pop with that melee aug you want. The RNG was not kind.

That is the problem with class specific drops on raids. At the same time, if you change the loot to augs everyone get... then a guild does it twice or three times for their mains and that is it. Maybe another couple times for alts. But the sense of urgency is not there.
  15. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I'd personally support the return of this raid, but only because there is no reason to do this raid in subsequent years, unlike many other anniversary events, because the gear will not "age" well. it will be obsolete and there weren't any utility or gimmicky clickers, augments, etc that will warrant return trips.
    Even if it was put in with a 2x lockout - so you could do it once every couple weeks or whatever, since it was intended to be short term from the get, it would feel like there was a little more return on the investment of developer etc time to make it in the first place while simultaneously giving folks more to do, and a stray chance at a little boon. we'd certainly make use of the content even if it was restrictive lockout wise.
    Zarzac and Sancus like this.
  16. Mazame Augur

Or because a Mansion hold so much people will sell off there home and buy a Mansion plot. Now the GH plats will be getting used with a ton of empty plots for homes.
  17. Loup Garou De loop de loop

There are only 4 open guild plots in any neighborhood. I doubt there would be "tons" of empty plots since you could only use 3 of those guild plots with the 4th being for guild hall only like it is now.

Most guilds actually run 2 neighborhoods since they have many members who each can use 3 plots and then all their alts. Neighborhoods have limited amount of plots. I am not even in a large guild of that nature and my neighborhood is 80% full.

If you would like to learn more information on housing in EQ there are a lot of good resources. Fanra is one.