Test Update 5/10/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 9, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sorry but I don't buy what you are saying and still say that the change to buff slots isn't going to have the same impact as undoing the change to procs. Besides have you ever heard of doing changes in steps to see what the impact is? Honestly I am surprised that they are not doing the dot change in two steps, one the change to how they are stored and one to increase the cap after they see the impact.

This is of course ignoring that the 97 buff cap is a dps limiting factor in many raids currently.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well they are working to fix both issues just that one of them is much easier to fix then the other as they work to slowly solve lag issues.
  3. Bahdah Augur

Can we talk about upping the limit for blocked buffs... We thought upping the debuff slots was never going to happen, or maybe that was just me, but it did! Would the work you did for debuff slots work for blocked buffs? o.0
    Winnowyl, Hobitses, zleski and 2 others like this.
  4. Evurkvest Augur

Now we will never see the nec dot revamp finished :)
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Bug or feature, it is a mistake. The Upper HoT mobs were intentionally changed from being see invis originally. Having them revert to see invis and not fixing it, has more to do with not knowing what is going on and not being willing to admit mistakes.
  6. Swiss Augur

If the end result is everyone farms a DA clicky to avoid the mechanic anyway how would changing it improve anything?

There are also tiers of raids for a reason, close the gate is meant to be the last raid and most complex.

Not everyone who raids is going to be the most prepared or best player, but saying these people shouldn't raid would also cripple a lot of guilds across the game.

I don't think anyone is afraid of dying on a raid. It is more about being useless while getting mana back and just frustrating to have deaths over something like this because someone else thought it was more fun to click DA instead of hiding behind a wall and still needing heals. I personally can make every run and self DA easily, but not every person in a raid can/will.
  7. Qimble Augur

Not really that complex for the guilds who can burn through the entire last phase, lol. If we're gonna make raids harder, how about making it so the boss locks every time a raven spawns. ;)
    Winnowyl likes this.
  8. Eilelyen Journeyman

I know this may be from a previous patch and has since been hot patched but traveling through Ka Vethan is near impossible if you don't have a way to get double invisibility (undead and regular) or ported out to Shadow Valley. Is there anything in the works to making travel through KV easier again?
    Pani, Nennius, Windance and 3 others like this.
  9. Swiss Augur

True, but it is still a complex raid when you factor in all the emotes and cures etc. I don't know if the boss locking would benefit lower dps raids though.

Top guilds do have a lot higher dps which helps them bypass a lot of things that make events much more difficult for the average guild and I believe some of their members don't consider that when advocating for changes.
    Winnowyl and Windance like this.
  10. Qimble Augur

That's more or less my point. The HP locking thing was a tongue in cheek suggestions for a change that would help "dev intent" for the raid without helping or hurting lower DPS guilds much at all. I completely agree with you that when advocating for changes they underestimate how much easier high DPS makes the game. If your raid force fails 1 in 50 raid wiping emotes on an event that can be burned through that could be the difference between wiping on that event every few weeks vs never wiping through the whole xpac.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  11. Mazame Augur

Most everyone has beaten this event already. At this point the change may cause most guilds to just put it on there never farm again. If the event is to the point it not worth the trouble then the event just doesn't get used and all the time spent on it go to waste.
    Winnowyl and Swiss like this.
  12. Windance Augur

FYI - My guild has not yet beaten this event. In large part because we are normally 6-12 people shy of a full raid and have maybe 1/2 or maybe 2/3 the DPS so events like this one are incredibly frustrating and probably completely beyond us due to the soft enrage timer effects making it so people can not counter the moon effect.
  13. Mazame Augur

More to my point. If guild are having a hard time with it. Making a change that makes it even harder is not going to help them.
    Winnowyl, Swiss, Knifen and 1 other person like this.
  14. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

how does this help necro's?
  15. Derd Augur

200 debuff slots $$$
    Toruch Fleshrot likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Best troll post of 2022
  17. ChiiChii Augur

I echo this sentiment whole-heartedly!
    kizant likes this.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe wait to see if it is a problem before you go claiming you know better than the devs that it will be.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.