Modern server without boxing?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Noobnoob, Apr 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What sources do I need to cite in order to show that they have had servers with boxing limits such as 2 accounts per player and only 1 per machine or the 1 account per machine that appear to get broken all the time? If they have these rules in place and people are reporting them as getting broken how do you think making a server that doesn't allow boxing is going to actually enforce those rules?

If you see a group playing together and the GM's see that they are from the same IP how do they determine if it is a family/roommates playing as a group or if it is a single person boxing?
  2. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

You are clearly not reading my replies entirely and stuck on "this person hates boxers". I asked you about these forums and their purpose, of which you brought up in the first place. You must be a TPP user since you keep trying to get me to talk about it in a vague suggestions.

Bottom line: It is possible to have a no-box server. It is possible to enforce bans for people for running TPP's which so many boxers are afraid of... at least, in my opinion, are afraid may happen.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If it is possible to have that server why do we see evidence that it has failed in the past? And why are you accusing people of a play style because they don't agree with you? Just look at the TLP section for all the complaints about boxing over the limit on Audrune server to provide evidence that it isn't as easy as you think. Plenty of reports of people 6+ boxing when that isn't allowed by the rules. Not saying that all those reports are accurate just that it isn't as easy as you seem to think to enforce those rules.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Another round on the merry-go-round we go!

I said it is enforceable.

I'm assuming things that appear to be fairly evident.

You are still arguing about the difficulty of it's possibility.

It. Can. Happen :)
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I keep asking the same question because you refuse to answer it. You keep claiming it is easy to do yet you can't explain why there is still complaints of people breaking the boxing rules on servers that have them.
  6. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

I keep repeating the same answer because you refuse to accept it. I also asked where the information is requiring some childish debate and you failed to address that. I have also made my statements about enforcement and ease of achieving these no-box servers but, you still keep at it. I have plenty of time to keep going back and forth until you block me, report me or get a mod to put a stop to this channel.

'Round and 'round the merry-go-round we go! :D :cool:
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Please explain to me how you think they can stop boxing when it appears on existing servers with boxing rules that isn't the case?
  8. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

See... now it appears to be you begging to me for an answer. I already told you what I think about all of this. I also repeated this a few times so we can drop this but, here we go, again. Where is it stated as a debate forum anywhere on these forums?

I believe I already stated it can be done and you keep arguing about the difficulty... so, there is a matter of how much effort they are going to put forth to stop it.

'Round and 'round we go on the merry-go-round...
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are the one who keeps claiming it would be so easy to do when there is evidence out there that it isn't. They have promised a server where you can only box 2 characters and they have to be on different computers yet we see people complaining that people are breaking that rule. You can keep stating that it can be done but can't explain why it isn't being done on the servers with similar rules already in place.

Please explain how it can be done and why they are not already doing it.
  10. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

I am claiming it can be done.

That is correct.

I offer you that and to agree to disagree.

The evidence appears to me that there is lack of enforcement. You don't own these forums anymore than I do--do you? :D .

In fact, you have yet to direct me to any rules about how these forums are supposedly a debate forum. I don't' see them anywhere and people like you insist on being social justice warriors for boxers.

You keep skimming over the word "enforcement" for some silly reason and how it is or is not difficult.

Accept it and move along.

I don't need to explain anything to some triggered stranger on the forums.

I repeat my original statement: I would like to see a no-box server. It can be done.

'Round 'n' 'round we go!

Do you want not have any friends or something? Bad marriage? Bad guild? lol this is pitiful.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can claim many things but that doesn't mean what you are claiming is actually true. And the fact that you keep claiming that we are going round and round while refusing to answer how it can be done and why it appears to not being done on existing servers suggests that you don't know and are just making claims.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you already answered it you should have an easy time repeating your answer or pointing to it. I don't see any answer where you explain how it is so easy just claims that it is.
  13. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

lol I'm not holding your hand any further. You are trolling and got your feels hurt.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Can't provide an answer? Why is it so hard when you say it is so easy?
  15. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

I made my statements and you won't accept it. Can you provide me any information about these forums being strictly for debate? You haven't provided me with anything.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Okay, I will take the refusal to answer my question as you don't have any reasons to think that preventing boxing is easy.
  17. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Well, we are all the kings of our own little worlds. I answered you several times and you even answered your own questions along with this. That's a win for me that you are coming to a understanding in some way, shape or form. Thanks, bud.
  18. ubrnoob New Member

Yeah, he's clearly delusional. Stop wasting your time.
    Protius likes this.
  19. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

I'm marginally entertained with the persistence so I keep him fired up to reply. It has been funny answering and the refusal to take what was given. :cool:
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Seeing that stopping boxing past server limitations doesn't seem to be happening at the level that players want it to be is being delusional? Seems to me that the people who seem to think it so easy are the one that are hoping for something that isn't happening. As I have said in the before in this thread it can be pretty hard if not impossible to determine if multiple people are playing or someone is boxing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.