Test Update 5/10/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 9, 2022.

1. Greymantle Augur

Can you modify the patch message to reflect this? Thanks for reconsidering this.
    Stephen51 and Hobitses like this.
  2. Fintank Augur

3. Windance Augur

Thank you Ngreth for not having the change go live.

I can't remember anyone stating they wanted to remove the LOS blocking from the event.

The only thing I remember people complaining about (myself included) is the size of the decal making it difficult at times to find the purple safe spots.
    Stephen51, Qimble, Metanis and 3 others like this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

I would love to see a list who were all saying it needed "fixed".

This is not the first time a Dev response was players wanted it changed, but no thread on the Forums? Was this a case of someone non stop /bug reporting it and direct PM's out of everyone's view because they didn't like it?

I cant stand the double aura's that make it so you cant see the safe spot. How about we change that?
  5. Barton The Mischievous

Yes thank you Dev's now some of my toons can go to other homes
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And just because you think it wasn't that impactful doesn't mean the devs agree with you or have evidence to show otherwise. From what I understand the amount of extra procs that got reduced is much higher then what you are estimating it at.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. ChiiChii Augur

YYYEESSSS!!! Confirmed hotbars sticking to where you leave them when zoning! Big thank you!
    Meeko likes this.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We are having some issues :/ we reversed the change.... and it's still ignoring LoS :/ We are looking into it, but it might still ignore LoS.

We modified the patch notes for the live servers.
  9. Knifen Augur

Easy fix dont push this test batch to live server, copy our live servers to test, and start over without unrequested changes like LOS =p
    Qimble likes this.
  10. Qimble Augur

My tinfoil hat theory is that the complaints go down in DMs.
  11. Knifen Augur

Need to post those here and add in the thumbs down or unlike button so we can spam them up high enough to not incorporate unwanted changes in the future.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

To be honest this isn't the first raid that got changed because people could avoid emotes/ae's with line of sight. It has happened in the past and it is likely to happen again in the future.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe the raid zone became self aware and refused to change.
    jk
  14. Knifen Augur

Would agree completely, and it would be their right to correct things to go how it was designed. But this round they said "people" asked for it only to put the change to the people and get an overwhelmingly no, we didn't ask for that. I mean if we can request changes by a minority in tells to devs we should all get this path to put in change requests.

{We made the change in the first place due to player feedback, but decided that there was enough feedback the other direction to NOT make the change for live. It will return on test next test true-up.}
  15. Knifen Augur

Ive seen odder things happen in code. But lets just delete that code on test so it doesn't migrate to live. Gotta stop skynet before it becomes skynet
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Player feedback or not I would think the history of changing things so players can't dodge something by line of sight should give people reason to try and not use that as a way to beat raids since it can go away at any time. Instead of trying to beat it with line of sight more feedback should have been provided about how to more easily survive the emote.
    Knifen likes this.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Okay. it may be a be a communication issue:

Someone is called out with "A mass of shadowy chains begin to form around Soandso." and they get a blue aura/decal on them that has a very large range. After like 15s, a spell triggers centered on them. That spell is the DoT/Silence/Gravitate spell.

The person that was emoted is always affected. They can't block LoS because they're the caster(i think). However, if they are hiding and block LoS to the rest of the raid, nobody else is affected.

Absor:
    Right, that one is returned to the way it was and works exactly like that. It's the one that picks two people that I was talking about.
    CrazyLarth, Allayna, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  18. kizant Augur

Your understanding is incorrect. I've got a spreadsheet comparing 7 raids worth of data prior to the change and 9 raids after and it all lines up with my ballpark estimate. I originally was calculating which classes would lose the most DPS but part of that is understanding the new effective proc rates. And yes it all goes to the devs so they have some good examples to review. I don't just collect data like that for myself.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And it isn't about what classes lost the most dps to that change but bringing it back in would cause more lag then adding extra buff slots.
  20. kizant Augur

You don't seem to read very closely do you? I also said "part of that is understanding the new effective proc rates". For example, necros showed a reduction of around 0.8 procs per second.