If Yelinak fails, at least they will know why.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by GRACUS, Apr 29, 2022.

1. blurpppa New Member

Imagine this. Instead of opening new TLP servers every year, the company could work on making the actual game better and a game veterans wanted to play again.

Its a pretty wild and daring idea for sure.
  2. wade_watts Augur

Valid point - however that feels like saying that Pepsi should limit the production of their product because people might get bored of it. I guess it works when McDonalds takes away the McRib? :)

They don't seem concerned about this broadly since they continue to release essentially the same old classic ruleset server for 5+ years assuming people will keep playing it without getting bored.

Honestly, I think they just don't want to keep the Mischief ruleset going because they indeed view it as a one-off and don't want to change their core product - regardless of people really enjoying it. I don't think they realized how much people would enjoy it and how much the randomness combined with free trade changed the expectations for those that enjoyed it so much. Going to be really hard for many to go back to "normal" with folks bullying contested camps (lguk, freeti, hadden, etc.) and raids dropping just a handful of items a night. It's their IP but seems a shame for those of us that have large friends groups that don't want to re-roll because the ruleset isn't like it was on Mischief.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

You're pretty smart. Daybreak should absolutely ignore the community that accounts for ~40% of their revenue and that gives them a huge boost during summer months.
    Crabman, Skuz, slizzard and 1 other person like this.
  4. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Those are most certainly words
  5. Gnomie Denser than most

Then just keep playing on Mischief. Early raids are all ezmode and boring. Wait til there are actual mechanics that will wipe the raid if someone screws up, regardless of gear.
    Zrender likes this.
  6. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

They'll never do that. First 4 xpacs are familiar and cozy. Last 24 xpacs are unfamiliar and scary.
  7. Manafasto Augur

I am good to OoW after that the expansions feel bad to me. I assume everyone has an expansion/s they do not like.
  8. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

All of them?
    Skuz likes this.
  9. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I've been fooling around on the Test server with an 80+ mage, and Everquest has a lot of cool and interesting zones. I have no idea which quests are where, or what I should be doing besides leveling, but it's always fun to google the current zone and see its era.

I've only played up to GoD (never raided in GoD), so I'm looking forward to seeing everything past it.
    Zrender, Skuz and Timmyboi like this.
  10. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

There's a ton of terrific guides from HoT onwards on EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs
    Complete with step by step map guides for each quest
    Vivace and Skuz like this.
  11. Gnomie Denser than most

SOF and SoD are some of the best expansions in Everquest. The zones are fun. The story is fun. The raids are fun.

The sad truth though is only like 15-20% of people on each server, if that, get to experience it. There's a few reasons why which have been mentioned. But I also think the level 70 slump pays a huge part in this.

Honestly Most people who say "I'm good til OOW" just come across as TLP hoppers to me. Not because those expansions are objectively better, but because they just can't resist new TLP's when they come.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

I'm not the biggest fan of SoF but SoD was really good lore wise. RoF needs an honorable mention too just because I felt the content was good and it was put together really well even though the Cazic Thule story was a little tired by that point. I guess if you consider HoT, VoA, and RoF a trilogy it's understandable.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Gnomie Denser than most

I've never played HoT VoA or RoF. I was on Coirnav until HoT and was loving it..the problem is (no exaggeration) by the time we were in HoT there were 2-3 sellers in the bazaar and about 20-30 people in General chat, and a lot of my remaining friends went to Mischief for the free trade, so I went there as well.

I've been slogging through the early expansions and can't wait to get to the later ones again, they just feel a lot better to me, and are "new". I'm just hopeful that Mischief's unique ruleset will help it maintain a decent population until that Era again.
    Skuz, Vivace and Timmyboi like this.
  14. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

It would be awesome if Daybreak announced next year's TLP servers soon (unlikely), so everyone could be much more certain about their server choices. If Daybreak said that Yelinak will be the last regular server for five years, a lot more people would start from day one and stick with it. A player can dream. :D
  15. Basak Augur

There is more interest for a Mischief style server than anything else, so that is what the target would logically be. There is more interest in even a normal TLP with no special ruleset and that is what we are getting. The amount of Interest for a PvP TLP is not sufficient enough at this time for it to be worthwhile, however saying that I wouldn't necessarily negate the possibility of there ever being one just that the current interest does not warrant the probability of that type of server.
  16. Chikkin Augur

Absor Alt? haha

Edit: It's a legit joke-question, because I love Absor, just got done giving him love in another thread today (yesterday now)...

....but he was the one who said a few times, including in the 2020 TLP AMA that "you think you want a free trade server, but you don't" ....

I put it in quotes like it's perfect verbatim, but you'd have to go find the transcript. Maybe it's buried in this thread.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-completely-shoot-down-free-trade-tlp.264711/
  17. Rolento Augur

As someone who has played on many of these TLPs. Yelinak will be fine, but it would have been nice to see a slight change.

Something like launch with Classic + Kunark or even better Classic + Kunark + Velious and just make it longer before Luclin unlocks.

Something to change up the launch to make it more unique. To actually be able to level in other zones the UR and Lguk, Sol B. Just more options to do stuff
  18. Moforyguy Elder

If Yalinak was released with couple expansions but longer unlocks I'd be totally okay with that. But they lose money doing it that way. There is a reason we get the TLP's the way we've always gotten them. You make the most money dragging out each expansion.
  19. Slaytanik Elder

I personally hated the free trade / random loot ruleset.

And alot of people like the Classic - Kunark game.
    Murashu and Dragon Jockey like this.
  20. Chikkin Augur

Legit post/question/comment from me:

I haven't got to experience it yet, and I'm still in daily torment about biting the bullet, and installing EQ again early (before May 25th) and spending 5 hours playing with the UI (sorry, i really hate UI setup at beginning).....

....just to come see what I missed with Mischief. Also, for free trade, I've loved it ever since i went to FV and never looked back.

so! You're the first person I seen not liking the random loot ruleset, while not everybody is going to like everything (duh!) since you're the first i seen say it lately, what didn't you like? I'm looking for a good reason to talk me out of Mischief/Thornblade and staying strong till May 25th Vaniki.