Test Update 5/10/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 9, 2022.

1. josh Augur

You would be surprised how much using the correct data structure can improve performance. If beimeith is right and they were literally just using a fixed array then, well, that wasn't good. even doing operations like applying a debuff to the first open slot, the performance of that can be vastly improved with the right data structure. The fact that debuff slots cause lag in the first place is evidence that it wasn't being done efficiently.
    Fanra, Strumph, Emilari and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Corrected for the live patch notes.
    Yinla and Barton like this.
  3. Paladin Augur

What was the driving force behind this?

I mean, why the Dev time to 'fix' something, that as far as I can tell, was not broken?

I fear incoming Merc bugs.

Is the 'cowardice' factor for Mercs now a default 5%?
  4. strongbus Augur

most likely reason. frees up memory for the systems to run better. instead of having 10 levels of each of the 4 merc types to deal with its just 2 now.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And what matters is how those buffs are tracked on the backend and I would suggest how that is done has been changed as part of this patch. Of course all these buff changes have nothing to do with how many spells everyone triggers off a single cast and this would have no impact on that change.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and klanderso like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would think it would free up development time for the rest of the mercs and remove the tiers of mercs that are not used much.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Hobitses like this.
  7. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Stop it
    Dre., Stephen51 and Strumph like this.
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Yep, things like merc ranks and pet focus ranks and spell ranks, etc. have been manually edited Excel-like tables.

It's why you get bugs like Rk 1 and 3 of a spell being fire resist... but rank 2 was magic. or particular merc skins having lower DPS or AC, or sometimes focused pets performing worse because they forgot to put armor on that specific tier.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It will cut down a lot of the work in future, instead of having to update 10 ranks of mercs they only have to do 2.
  10. Hobs Elder

Check out Gherig's posts in the EQ Discord under Test subchannels.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Is the reclaim energy pet issue being resolved this patch?
    Cadira and winspearean like this.
  12. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

You're not wrong. But Absor removed the True North portion of Close the Gate because "camping old clickies" isn't what he had in mind.

Why would it be for this raid, if it wasn't for that raid?
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't need a DA click to survive that emote but you did need a true north spell or click to do that emote because of that I would consider them different.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Tevik Augur

Help me out here, how do you survive an emote that forces you to run out of heal range then roots you there while dotted and silenced without using DA?
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Someone can move closer to toss some heals after it lands? I never said it was easy just that you don't need a DA click to survive.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Cicelee like this.
  16. Tevik Augur

So the healers are supposed to run out into this:

Moon's Punishment
    Not a player spell: Clicky, NPC spell, Proc, etc.

Slot 21: Decrease Current Hit Points by 425300 per Tick
    Slot 22: Decrease Current Mana by 8500 per Tick (v417)
    Slot 23: Decrease Current Endurance by 1750 per Tick
    Slot 24: Inhibit Effect: Critical Nuke Chance
    Slot 25: Inhibit Effect: Critical DoT Damage
    Slot 26: Inhibit Effect: Hate Mod Spells
    Slot 27: Inhibit Effect: Critical Hit Chance
    Slot 28: Inhibit Effect: Critical Heal Chance
    Slot 29: Inhibit Effect: Critical HoT Chance
    Slot 30: Decrease Movement Speed by 50%

...and just give 'er? This is a bad design.
    Windance, Moege and Dre. like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Are you trying to claim that is up the entire time someone has the emote and healers can't possibly account for that as they move to heal?
  18. Tevik Augur

Not at all, but it's up often enough during the shackle emotes that you're going to have people dying due to bad design.
    Windance likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well I never said it was good design just that it is possible to survive without a DA clicker.
  20. Qimble Augur

Some % of the time it will line up so that the healer tries to follow the soon-to-be-shackled person (while not darting into heal range until after the shackle lands, because the aura is larger than heal range from what I understand) but then has to instead seek cover in an aura to avoid moonfall. Given how much damage shakle + moonfall deals, without a DA clickie there is 0% chance the person will survive. The only time it will be survivable will be when moonfall and shackle are fairly far out of synch. Whenever they're remotely close that person is dead unless they get DA'd.