Fixed Internally Free the Goranga Headshot

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Lubianx, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Dude... your posts come across like you know everything about coding, and sound very arrogant at times. But if you actually paid attention to the body type issues they've had since around HoT you'd know that things have been kinda screwed up for a while now. Cockatrices having the wrong sound, and giving the wrong mob kill type in the achievements. Mobs that really shouldn't be assassinatable. Mobs that should be undead but aren't and vice versa. It's been getting worse. Doing this created it's own set of problems that has to be worked out and may take a long time.
    Duder and kizant like this.
  2. Windance Augur

Would love to see the DPS checks on this and other raids scaled back.

The DPS checks don't seem to effect the top 10-15 guilds much at all but those of us who struggle due to lack of a full raid could use some relief.

It sort of feels like ToFS1
    Hobitses, Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  3. bombyx Journeyman

Headshot should be hunted down.. then decap need hunted down too, then slay undead need hunted down too, then SOS need hunted down too, then mage DD and necromancer DOT need hunted down too,.... etc. then Number of players hunted down too.
  4. Duder Augur

Your exaggerations do not bolster your opinion. Comparing different capabilities/functionality. What I think you were trying to say was that you felt it an integral individualized ability unique to the class that you would like to see remain. All fine by me, as soon as it's damage is balanced. Just look at the changes to raids after they removed the capability to HS/Assassinate in the last patch (If you raid). For mid-low tier guilds the change is extraordinary but at least it restores the intended balance to the event(s) that had components where you could use those abilities previously. Headshot and Assassinate can function in imbalanced ways that change the intended desire of the raids' designer(s).

In the group game aswell, they are used to solo or molo mobs with little to no risk while accumulating significant xp completely solo. That, is broken. (Read me right, I do not think it is not broken or OP to solo for xp/item/whatever, nor have the capability to do so. What is broke is the risk/vs reward. While other classes have to resort to clean play and close attention paid to what you are doing in order to effectively solo. The ranger headshot is a blindfolded ezmode passive ability that only require a ranger to turn on autofire, and chain punt/root mobs or kite if necessary. Not balanced.)

I can't even imagine the number of rangers I have seen running around with some form of "headshot" as their character name. People choose to make a ranger centered around 1 ability. No 1 ability should ever grant the motivation to be that class, and it says quite a bit about it's brokeness with the number of people whose sole motivation to play that class is to lazily and sloppily solo while maintaining all the benefits of grouping.

This is my opinion and I respect your opinion.
  5. raylone New Member

you literally could take everything you said and apply it too enchanter on tlp for 4 expansions so they need nerf to? since it to easy, O charm can break ? dam, no way to stun or have a group assist since everyone want you to help them farm easy xp....

instead of making the game huge HP sponges, where a random ability that cuts down the grind is wanted, you should make it irrelevant by reduce overall mobs HP where it don't shine so much and other can kill as well with less effort. or is that to casual ? so nerfing one skill is the answer instead....
  6. Duder Augur

Yes, fix what is broken. Is that too grand a desire for you? Too reasonable?
  7. Barton The Mischievous

Enchanters on TLP were nerfed.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

Eom Sentiens and Pli Liakos will be made humanoid in the next patch. Liquid Shadows will be made undead.
    zleski, Thunderkiks, Hobitses and 2 others like this.
  9. Greymantle Augur

Querey , will this change apply to ALL Pli Liakos? Or just the ones in that event? Same mobs in the Vex Thall raid.
    As well will the gathering shadows in the doomshade event USED to be classed huminoid and Headshotable. Serious impact on that raid.
    Kendeth, Hobitses and Yinla like this.
  10. Viper1 Augur

Good!
  11. Caisy Master

The mobs in Close the Gate that share this body type are no longer able to be headshot. The servants are, but that doesn't discount that fact that some Pli are and Pli aren't. A little consistency here would be super.
    Kendeth, Hobitses, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Mobs should be one of four types:
    1. Living creature
    2. Undead
    3. Golem/Summoned
    4. Plant

Living Creature:
    If they have a head: Decap/HS
    If they have prone areas: Assassinate

If NPCs don't fit into one of the four areas then they need to be shifted to do so.

The end.
    Hobitses likes this.
  13. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Right, but there may also be times when you wouldn't want one of those abilities to fire, so having it require a flag specifically for them would be the best course of action. who knows, maybe when lvl 200 rolls out, HS/Decapping a CURRENT mob completely breaks a script and causes all sorts of issues that would be easily "fixed" by just turning the flag off. It would cost less dev time and work than say.. going back to re-code event 3 in Soltaris, or dealing with CS complaints with epic 1.5/2.0 issues.
  14. bombyx Journeyman

[

I don't know how long you didn't play as ranger, I think you don't know what Ranger do in game. Headshot make ranger easy to solo? Just use autofire to gain xp? Do you know how many mobs can be HS? Ranger make group gain xp faster but very hard to solo. So many mobs immune to root or snare, or can summon. Ranger is DPS, not a tank, hard to be alive alone.
    Solo is not allowed in game? I never saw a ranger solo, but I met so many nerco/mage solo. Why don't stop nerco/mage to solo? I am playing ranger over 20 years, I never think ranger is a solo class or Over power.
    If someone think a class is Over power, than nerf them... then All class got nerf. All class is same.