Yelinak Progression Server FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, May 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accendo Guest

All the latest details about Yelinak along with frequently asked questions.

• Ruleset: True-Box Timelocked Progression - New expansions unlock automatically every 8-12 weeks (Early expansions unlock more often. The specific schedule is below), and only one EverQuest client may be run per computer.
    • Experience: Progression standard. Starts off slower than live, but faster than EverQuest at the original launch and increases at Gates of Discord, Depths of Darkhollow, and The Serpent Spine. At The Serpent Spine experience is as normal live servers.
    Unlock Schedule:
    • Eight weeks after launch: Ruins of Kunark
    • Eight weeks later: Scars of Velious
    • Eight weeks later: Shadows of Luclin
    • Eight weeks later: Planes for Power and Legacy of Ykesha
    • Twelve weeks later: Lost Dungeons of Norrath
    • Four weeks later: Gates of Discord
    • At this point the schedule becomes consistent. Enjoy expansions for twelve weeks when a new level cap is unlocked, and eight weeks in expansions where the level cap stays the same.
    True Box
    • This server starts with standard True Box. Only one EverQuest client may be run per computer.
    • When Omens of War unlocks, we will move to a Relaxed True Box. You may have up to 3 clients per computer logged into the server at the same time.
    • When The Buried Sea unlocks, True Box will be removed.
    New Questions and Answers:

Q: Will the accelerated keying implemented for Vex Thal be included on this server.
    A: Yes. We made that change to apply to all progression servers. Additionally, we will be doing something similar for Omens of War.

Q: Why is Yelinak using a standard progression server ruleset and not any special rules?
    A: There is a strong demand for a classic progression server and this is to satisfy that demand. While there are voices for other rule subsets, we find it best to have something traditional along with something as different as the Vaniki server.

For additional questions regarding Progression Servers: https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-what-is-a-progression-server
    Overcast451, Skuz, Chikkin and 3 others like this.
  2. TheDohn Augur

3. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Should have done

• Eight weeks after OOW: DoN
    • Four weeks later: DoDH
    • Three weeks later: PoR
    • Two weeks later: TSS
    • Twelve weeks later: TBS
    But /shrug
  4. Accendo Guest

Overcast451, Skuz, Kelric and 5 others like this.
  5. TheDohn Augur

In the production letter it was acknowledged that the abbreviated Classic time period was the general preference for a majority of TLP players. Can you give a reasoning why this change was deemed necessary?
  6. Dragon Jockey Lorekeeper

Glad DPG is staying with the standard ruleset, and true box. A classic server without special rules is what many of us were wanting. Looking forward to rolling on Yelinak come the 25th.
    karioki and KimchiGoddess like this.
  7. magikarp Elder

12 months ago in Mischief: I'll never be able to do a standard ruleset TLP again after all this loot!
    Today: Man I can't wait to play on a standard ruleset TLP!

Future me is so silly and ignorant. Thx for posting, excited to do it all again.
    Zrender and Crabman like this.
  8. Zealot1340 Lorekeeper

Thanks for staying true to a more standard ruleset launch in Yelinak this time around despite the nonsense on the forums. The 8 weeks of classic is a welcome change for many of us too.
    karioki and Dragon Jockey like this.
  9. Shuey New Member

Thank you for making the change to 8 weeks of classic. Now remove the annoying True Box and let us play like we did in 99/2000.
  10. Muahh Elder

we all know that TLPers come back to TLPs to play earlier expansions, even you, dev, know that. and you are planning a server as below.
    => earlier parts are shorter than latter parts.
    => latter parts have faster exp rate than earlier parts.

what kind of sense does it make?
  11. Slasher Augur

Because people were running 3 or more eq clients on one PC in 99 lol. ya that 500mhz P3 was a beast :)
  12. xeveq New Member

I realize we all have our own interests and desires for a new tlp but man, 8 weeks of classic again? Every server that doesn't start in classic is paired with additional experimental (and in my view undesirable) factors. Is it really such a tall order to start in Kunark, Velious, or Luclin without silly conditions like 1 month unlocks (you can't keep up with the content that fast!) or a 4 week level 40 cap (I'm still scratching my head over Vaniki's ruleset)?

There are so many fun, sub-50 zones to level up in Kunark, Velious, and Luclin and people rarely get to experience them on a tlp. I've twice tried to wait until tlps reach these xpac unlocks but by that time almost everyone is already max or has set guild group premades for leveling up alts. Joining a tlp late is a tedious leveling affair, vastly different from the experience of launch groups.

This isn't even a fringe ask either. In the 5 years or so I've paid attention to tlps I've frequently seen calls for a non-classic launch - one that isn't paired with additional bizarre conditions.
    Polekn and Yinla like this.
  13. TheRedBandit Elder

I'm glad someone had the courage to stand up and make the only good thing about Yelinak (short classic) worse. Now all those people who can play 3 hours a week & won't stick with the server anyway can be happy while the rest of us raid log for a month.
  14. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

True Box

• This server starts with standard True Box. Only one EverQuest client may be run per computer.
    • When Omens of War unlocks, we will move to a Relaxed True Box. You may have up to 3 clients per computer logged into the server at the same time.
    • When The Buried Sea unlocks, True Box will be removed.
    Riiiiiight... I wonder... did the dude(s?) on Mangler have 8 computers for the 24 Necro/Mage teams hoarding Rathe Mountains for nearly a month? :p
    Either way, I am excited to get back into this super old game and meet some good people that want to raid. *prays for non-stop Plane of Air quest spam raids*
  15. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

That's what I'm sayin'. Swingin' that banhammer for box groups would be so nice so we can actually get what is advertised!
  16. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

I probably missed this, but is there a estimated date on when this Yelinak servers actually launching? I'm very interested!
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

25th May
  18. nazgull2k1 Elder

Oh yay! Another boring treadmill server that will be dead the second GoD goes live.

I have NO idea how you people can keep doing the same 5 xpacs over and over and over and over again.

I was on the lemming tlp treadmill for a long time.. lemme tell you something real, there's only so many times you can do something before it becomes a mental illness. I got off it and am never going back. Only reason DBG is even doing this at this point is to keep the krono bot farms running. Its sad.
  19. Mowerman69 New Member

Most likely there was enough of an outcry of players that want to experience TLP without making EQ a job instead of playing a game. 1 month for casual players and people who have a life other than EQ is a very short time to get the bench marks you need to be effective in the next expansion. Let's not forget, live releases were much longer between dlc content updates. March of 1999 was release date for EQ vanilla. We did not see the ruins of kunark until March of 2000. December of 2000 saw the release of SoV. Then we had another full year, December 2001, before SoL released. Yes, when the game was truly live, the time between expansions was horribly long. They had to develop, test, patch, and produce the content before we could actually use it. 2 months is not so bad when held in context.
    Kelric and Dragon Jockey like this.
  20. Shuey New Member

Most of our guildies had at least 1 boxed character back then. As someone else mentioned, True Box does not hurt the box armies it was intended to stop, it hurts those of us who have always played with 1-2 boxed characters since launch.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.