Free Trade Servers - Literally in High Demand

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, May 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triconix Augur

Good thing there's now 3 live non FT servers which are at a high population and 1 TLP. I guess Non FT wins again.
    Yinla and Dragon Jockey like this.
  2. Umul Augur

That's fair. I don't believe there are orders more players on Riz vs the other TLPs. Its just has the best low pop ruleset. A fate destined for all TLPs.
    Barton likes this.
  3. Barton The Mischievous

I always thought it would be cool to get a few hundred people together in a discord or something and slowly log in to a superlow pop server and see how many people it takes to go from low to med then high at least then you could make a decent guestimate on server population with those metrics. If the thresholds were the same for all servers, I guess that would need to be tested as well blegh
  4. mark Augur

free trade random loot and boxing in yelinak would be super popular but would kill rizlona mischief and thornblade 2 out of the 3 most popular tlps at the moment and 1 server would not be enough they would need a clone.
  5. Zrender Augur

Yeah. That's actually not even the only reason FV is high pop. FV is free-to-play too. So, it's not just one Greek restaurant, it's one Greek restaurant where all food is free lol
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Acutally there are 3 Free trade server

So what was Thornblade at?

If FT is so popular surely that would be a high population as well.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. mark Augur

thornblade his a clone of mischief lots of us transfered over to mischief.
    wade_watts likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

"Free trade is high demand"

Brekt - low it's whole life
    Thornblade - low

Firiona Vie - high
    Mischief - high

50% of FT Live & TLP servers were almost deserted & you think Free trade makes a server popular?

Free Trade is not the saviour of servers, high server population is more complicated than that.

Free Trade & a 50% extra XP bonus on Firiona Vie & yet it's population is still dwarfed by all of the other Live Servers....
    Thornblade is an exact identical copy of Mischief & yet it has nowhere near the same numbers of players - should Free Trade not be making it as popular as Mischief.

These so-called facts people are throwing around are nothing more than spin-doctoring.

Mischief's ruleset is a "Special Ruleset", do not expect to get a server with this ruleset every year, you will only be disappointed, stick around on Mischief as long as you can beacuse that's where the ruleset is going to be available for a while yet.
    Dragon Jockey and Tweakfour17 like this.
  9. wade_watts Augur

I gave you guys all the necessary data. Apologies again as it clearly struck a nerve with the anti-mischief/FT crowd. It's just hard data and science ladies and gentlemen.

Update; Monday AM - Only 3 servers are High Population. 66% of High-Population Servers are Free Trade. (66.66% repeating of course). If there was a peoples choice award for EQ Rulesets, clearly Free Trade or Mischief would have taken the prize handily. For those game designers out there reading this - take note, if you want to create a game that people love playing, implement a free trade and randomized loot setup. Majorly succesful!

[IMG]
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Of course when you have 3 servers with free trade (and one has bonus xp) versus 20 without free trade the smaller server group is going to concentrate more of the population that is playing on that rule set.
    Zrender, Skuz and Triconix like this.
  11. Cronar Elder

I honestly would like for a mischief rule normal server be added and require a sub to play on it.
    It might be the only thing that takes a chunk of the fv server population away from it.
  12. Moforyguy Elder

All these posts asking for changes are a waste of time. They aren't going to change a ruleset that is releasing in less than a month. They dropped some vanilla and some uniqueness this year.
    Skuz and Dragon Jockey like this.
  13. Rcbauer Augur

OP is trolling.
  14. Triconix Augur

Or just doesn't understand basic rules of math or the word dilution. FV is like having a solvent with no water to dilute it in. Live servers are the result of taking another solvent and pouring it in 20 different bottles of water.

Does he seriously think Mischief will somehow keep this high population if they introduce an identical ruleset server to compete with it? No, some people will migrate there. Almost like people chose what server to play on like they did with live. Shocking revelations.

I guess common sense isn't a common feature.

Edit: The hilarious irony of it all is he used a "It's science" meme. OP doesn't know his butt from his elbow when it comes to science. Based on what he writes, he doesn't know much of anything.
    Zrender likes this.
  15. Rcbauer Augur

Mischief is toast as soon as the new servers release. Bookmarket.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  16. Zealot1340 Lorekeeper

Two high pop free trade servers. Nice, you can play on either if you like that.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  17. Triconix Augur

But those are eras he doesn't like to play in!

Makes it quite evident he values the classic trilogy over loot rule set so not sure why he's on the FT crusade in the first place. He he loved FT so much he would still find himself playing on the FT server regardless of content. The ruleset should make the content more tolerable/enjoyable as well because he loves it soooooo much.
    Gnomie and Umul like this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I assume because it would allow them to convert more of their gear to krono before leaving the server for the next one.
    Rcbauer likes this.
  19. mark Augur

i am a recycler but at the moment i have 1 active account my main one, the other ones have expired in the last month,depending on the yelinak ruleset i will see how many i will resub 6 if one per pc and 12 if i can use 1pc from classic to the next tlp,random loot and free trade would be a bonus.
  20. Rentic Journeyman

I am sure a lot like the fact of being able to sale raid gear easier with free trade then LR but not everyone is about the krono, I would like to see free trade more often and even the random loot because free trade lets you reuse your old gear for alts/boxes or even to help the guild when main changing instead of rotting in bank. Even if you sale the raid gear after a main change you can put that back into the new main and helping your guild out by not having to be carried until you get raid geared again. Far as the random loot its just nice raiding targets you normally wouldn't on other TLP's because that boss drops crap loot but one thing about Mischiefs ruleset I don't like is the amount of loot dropping from each boss.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.