GH Item Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Knifen, Apr 29, 2022.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Keep in mind there are many many self made guilds in the game that don't raid and are just there for that persons use and the in game guild that most players gravitate towards just to get use of the portal feature ie Novices of <insert server name here>
    Wdor likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think some "buff npc" in the lobby would be a cool idea, hand them some plat get their buff(s) for your current level.

I know that "player interaction" is important to the devs but I think this is a reasonable QoL request.
  3. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

The current implementation is to sit around afk waiting for someone to mgb buffs in one of the two giant lagpiles, or to press a button once every few hours, so player interaction is minimal to start with.
  4. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I like the idea of last generation buffs, also make a limit on number of classes so you can't fully buff yourself. Maybe a max of 3 npc buffers per GH.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I wouldn't say that EQ failed at group leader AA more that players wanted the group leader to have max AA and it could be hard to get in a position to gain them.
    Wdor likes this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You just explained why it was a failed idea.
    Wdor and Winnowyl like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I disagree that it was a failed idea just because players like to min/max
  8. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I remember when they put them in, before mentoring. It was nigh on impossible to get leader if you didn't already have HoTT done. Once mentoring went in (finally!) it was easier to get them, because you gave it to the person with the most, then they mentored someone.

But yeah, it was more or less a failed experiment that went on entirely too long before the put a band-aid on with mentoring, then just eliminated it entirely.
    Skrab, Qimble, Bigstomp and 1 other person like this.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

I too figured by now everyone would have a full stable of buff bots , one look at the lag pile by GUILD LOBBY FRONT DOOR (great placement btw) would show me otherwise.

I have played for over 20 years on just self buffs, cleric buffs , shaman buffs and chanter buffs. The ones I hate are Pally I really gotta log him on for just Brells? Mage , just for DS. Anything else to me is just fluff because I have gone so long with out. Self reliance is nice.
    CatsPaws and Wdor like this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Disagree on the 'guild aa' idea. That would just contribute to the elite.
    Also not a big fan of the guild trophies for a similar reason. Plenty of raid forces are not based on a particular guild and have contributing members from many.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Yeah, the group leadership aa just meant whoever had it got more of it for a long time. I'm very happy that is done with.
    Now we just have merc AA's, where it's a very similar situation (only sort of solved with overseer).
    Winnowyl and Skrab like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would allowing guilds to earn AA contribute to the elite when every guild has the same chances to earn them?
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Some guilds are far larger than others. You either make it so easy to get as to make it irrelevant, or you make it take a ton of resources which favors huge guilds if it's a group effort if it follows the idea of XP earning AA.
    If you make it achievement based, well, we're already doing that.
  14. Gorgasm Journeyman

I think purchasable buffers would be a good thing to implement. I wouldn't try to make it last expansions buffs or anything like that. Standing around in Guild Lobby waiting for buffs is not engaging gameplay, and anything that helps us get away from that is a net positive.

The biggest downside I see to guild buffers is their ability to aid in banner rushing. I think that downside should either just be accepted as a thing that will happen, or maybe they put a debuff on you that prevents you from zoning into a raid event or something.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

Personally I think the whole idea just is another way of saying "Lets just make buffs permanent or readily available. This leaves out the need for having certain classes along with your group. I mean look at clerics everyone has a pocket cleric so their hp buff is basically permanant now, so are rezzes. Lots of folks squawking about how EQ is getting away from its roots (the grinding exp argument) , are rooting for this change which does not make a ton of sense if you want to keep it original.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't see how it being easier for a large guild is a problem or what is wrong making something a group effort for the guild. The entire purpose of a guild is to work together and it would be nice to have something to work for as a guild.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How hard is it for someone to make a buff bot? And if you are talking about clerics we can already get their buffs from a merc so why protect the rest of the classes?
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

Its not hard at all in fact in this thread I already stated I have a whole stable of them. I was pointing to the fact that mercs have already made cleric buffs pointless and they are a class that suffers now because of that. I have not played with a real cleric (other than my own which I really dont use at all) a merc can heal my just fine for anything in the group game. The whole point was people want these buffs on demand. Yeah I know im yearning for the old days when my usual chanter was sitting by the nexus stone buffing C for donations. Time goes on.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Those days will never come back and adding the ability to get buffs via other means will just let players focus on their mains instead of buff bots.
  20. Gorgasm Journeyman

If your merc and heal you just fine, then you're playing the game very cautiously. The best part about having a real healer is that you can pull like 10 at a time and cleave them down.