GH Item Request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Knifen, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Knifen Augur

Buffers..

We have bankers, tributers and others.

Give us Guild Hall Buffers.

Make them rare, make them unique, doesn't matter. Make them only have chance to drop in raid chests. Make it so we have to earn the buffs/spells for them from other drops in raids. The requirements to get them in GH are negligible as long as there is a way to actually get them.

Give them an upkeep cost or bump up what the gh costs per refresh. Make their buffs not last as long.

You all ready have unique items that only come from raids and cant get from anywhere else (not even with raid coin). Look at the Trophy of Talendor, the VP Mount, and those god forsaken GMM ornaments.

(I say raids but don't care can make them expansion wide rare drops.)

Just a thought.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If they did add something like this raid drops would not be the way to do it. Something like this should not be limited to the guilds who can beat the raid that drops them.
    Hobitses, Wdor, Skrab and 3 others like this.
  3. KarmaKitty Augur

I've seen this request multiple times. Usually when cursing the lag pile. They could add buff potions to the marketplace, but they will get hit with the paytowinBat.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

One thing I learned in this game is how to do it yourself cause like life no one is going to hand you anything.

Since I did not want to stand around whining for buffs I made my own characters on F2P accounts. It was fun taking a class or two I was not familiar with that much and leveling it up to where it had the buffs I wanted. They are not end game but they are good enough.

Now I just log them all in, buff up and log them out and then go pffft when I die and have to log them all back in :D
    Hobitses and Wdor like this.
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

Maybe revamp/update Alchemy to create potions covering all your favorite MGBs across various levels.

So the castes don't feel left out, components could include vials of mana, those essence things made by casters (sorry have yet to deal with those) or essence emeralds. Stackable to 1000 of course. You could make the DS buffs poison recipes. Stuff in there to keep a lot of people busy.

Easy peasy, but would it eliminate the lag pile
    Hobitses and Knifen like this.
  6. Arkanny Augur

God forbid you actually need other players in a mmo right!
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

God forbid you play at off peak times where you are looking to do something by yourself and there are not a lot of players around to ask for buffs.
    Hobitses, Skrab and Knifen like this.
  8. Paladin Augur

I am pretty sure I have suggested this before. Sell them in Marketplace. A Shaman, Paladin, Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, Beastlord... the buffing classes.

They need to be Vendors, like the Portal vendor.

Buy the Token of the buff you want (they will be named by Level of the Buff... i.e. 120 Unity), then hand them back to the NPC to get the buff cast on you (with max SCR).

Or, just put them in the Guild Lobby and reduce the server / zone load of Players who AFK there practically 24/7 just to get buffs over night.
    Wdor and Knifen like this.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

This is ABSOLUTELY something you should be able to purchase for the GH. Just an npc that you hail and casts a level appropriate buff from [class]. Make it cost like 4500 DBC per class or something. EZ.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It's a nice idea. Buff NPCs should only cast last generation spells - the buffs are still good, but the real thing from a real player would be better.

I'd rather have buff NPCs drop from in the game, instead of marketplace. Rank 1 buff npcs are sold in the housing neighborhood, rank 2 buff npcs drop occasionally off named, rank 3 buff npcs from raid chests.
    MacDubh and Knifen like this.
  11. Zarkdon Augur

Buff NPCs would be great. God forbid we do anything that makes the game easier to solo/molo which is 99% of the time since nobody is getting any more groups now than they were in January.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Another thought here - you can play the game without buffs. I know the raider will scream at that statement but it is doable.
    Arkanny and Nennius like this.
  13. Zarkdon Augur

With gear already being hard to get from 85-110 I dont think that is a true statement. And then trying to grind out the catchup AAs when you are doing 1/2 the damage you would do with them?
    Skuz and Skrab like this.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Buffs affect everyone, raiders or not. I don't know why you felt like you had to single them out
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I regularly work with cleric buffs and what my warrior can click.
    I'm not sure why, but when I get a full set of raid buffs I immediately die and then go back to cleric+warrior.
    I sorta feel it's probably the ranger buffs making me tank like a ranger but I cannot prove it yet.
    Wdor and Winnowyl like this.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

Buffs effect non-raiders WAY more than raiders.
    Barraind and Skuz like this.
  17. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

My suggestion for this is to introduce "guild aa". Everyone can pitch in to earn some AA for the guild. this keeps the rewards from being elite only (i.e. tied to a raid drop etc), while simultaneously allow those of us who are chronically done with about everything to have something else to work on. even if it cost 100,000 aa, we'd eventually get there.

I'd also love to have a NPC in the guild hall available this way, that we could hand our guild hall placeable portal items, to reduce load time, clutter, but have it work where you could just choose your destination out of a list. If I can walk up to an item and right click it, it doesnt feel like a huge stretch out of the realm of reasonable to just be able to right click an NPC to go there, and reduce the need for objects in our guild hall at the same time - or even just have ONE master object with all the ports attached to it once its unlocked/turned in/something.
    Wdor likes this.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

WoW already tried and failed at Guild Leveling. EQ already failed at Group AA (Leadership). Just put them in the Guild Lobby, and auto-kick already.
  19. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

23 years of EQ continually shows players will just do it with box accounts.

20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i dont think it failed at group aa - i had them all. pretty much everyone i knew had them all. they decided to go in a different direction, imo, that doesn't make it a failure. as to wow, i dont think our player bases are really the same; i know that if we had a threshold to work towards, many of us certainly would.
    Wdor likes this.