Yelinak Questions?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accendo, Apr 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accendo Guest

As many of you know, a robust FAQ is in the works to help clarify details about the new TLP, Vaniki. We're also open to the idea of making an FAQ for Yelinak since we've received a handful of requests. Please use this thread to ask questions about Yelinak.

EDIT: Previously asked questions.

Curious if it's a ruleset that's been used on another server or if there will be any variations. Some general info would be good.

Can Yelinak go live with truebox removed? Can it go live with random loot and free trade?
  2. Pizzanomicon Augur

Is the dev team considering or already implemented new methodology to deter people who annually make bank exploiting this game and the community ? It never gets talked about by devs, and I think it's an issue people would love to hear about. The same person squatting epic pieces year after year is .... well... annoying.

Is there a possibility a list of body changes could be publicly made available, so people will know how charming will change on TLPs ?

Also, is old freeport, skeletons, specters , correctly aligned old spell effects ever coming ? Sorry not Yelniak related but I just had to ask xD.
    Ragnoruk likes this.
  3. Branntick Augur

Are Rogues still going to be an RP class for like 15 expansions?

Will Riftseekers' Sanctum have an AoC?

Despite the efforts over the past few years, certain epic bottlenecks are still agonizing. Will this be addressed this time?
  4. slizzard New Member

Can you please extend the expansion windows? Like 8 weeks for classic and 12 thereafter? Also free trade would be nice (with normal drop rates). Are either of these changes under discussion?
    Duladin, Brunlin and Vito like this.
  5. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Is there anything actually different about this server? Seems like a standard tlp with the new expansion unlocks timeframes, the gates out of combat regen, and the truebox changes. Am I missing something?
  6. Vito New Member

Many of us prefer the classic release timeframe for each expansion (8/12 weeks) on the "generic" TLP servers. However, if Yelinak is to keep the accelerated (4/8 week) schedule, could we at least get a permanent exp boost to help the more casual/working players keep up?
    Arkatar, Duladin, asdfbot and 2 others like this.
  7. Grok Elder

Since this is evolving into an opinion/request thread....

Please keep Yelinak exactly as described in the producers letter with same ruleset/unlock schedule defined there.
    rangerous, Protagonist, Haak and 2 others like this.
  8. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Hi, it's me. Truebox won't be needed on Yelinak.
    Pizzanomicon and Brazy like this.
  9. Legends Elder

Would you guys consider spicing up Yelinak instead of the same copy/pasta?

Have you guys thought about a Free-trade WITHOUT bonus and random loot?
    At the very least, a server with no bonus loot. I like the excitement of seeing rare items in EQ, the loot piñata we saw on Mischief really killed that for me.

With Vanikis' unlock schedule being such a sprint, would you all considering adding a third TLP? Maybe add a more traditional TLP with a twist so people wanting the plain ole TLP don't feel cheated.
    Samuel, ToVNeedsPicks, Brazy and 5 others like this.
  10. Tashanian New Member

Any chances of The Warrens or even Stonebrunt releasing in Classic? It’d be nice for people on that side of the continent to have another leveling zone.

Also, is there any update on Vanilla/Kunark Cultural Tradeskills? It was being looked in to since they came out much earlier than they currently release.

Either way, thank you for all you do. Even the 4/20 changes like with Druid charm and animal classification is GREATLY appreciated :)
  11. Zansobar Augur

If we can't get a free trade ruleset can we at least (or can the devs consider) making no trade items that normally would be tradeble on a free trade server as heirloom? This way you can trade the items amongst your alts, but not other players.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Jabnael New Member

Could it go live with free trade only? No random loot, just free trade. Would be nice to see how popular a normal "free trade" server would do. I personally think it would be a huge success.
    Arkatar, ToVNeedsPicks, Brazy and 5 others like this.
  13. Zrender Augur

Agreed. Anything keying or epic related needs to be immune to people locking out the content. Exploits really should also be dealt with. It's just become too tiring. Let's get some other examples of lameness. I know the dozen necro boxing 24/7 on hill giants is pretty annoying same kinda thing for ice giants. What are some other ones? 100 person zone limit would seemingly prevent some raid exploits. I'd actually like to see AoC lockouts halved or loot doubled. Would be amazing if some of the most toxic behaviors could be prevented by some minor game changes.
  14. Truetotheblue Augur

I think a great question for this server is going to be "What makes Yelinak unique??"

This thread has a lot of "asks" for x y z but none that really fit clarifying any details. I think it would be good in an FAQ to clarify what sets this server apart from current offerings, or why a player should choose this over any of the existing TLPs or it's sister server moreso than just why it doesn't have something that's available on other options.
  15. BraelAradune New Member

They have made changes in the last year or so to address many of these issues. A lot of the bottlenecks for epics were reworked after Aradune's launch due to the increased reporting on the matter there. There are still some individual problems, but quite a few were made easier to attain. That is not to say that I believe they are all fixed.

Like I think it is safe to say that certain epics got easier with the past changes and others had their problem areas shifted. Some of these problems were escalated on Mischief were the items were tradeable and thus even more profitable to lock down.

This would be helpful for both Vaniki and Yelinak, maybe even Live players. It would allow players to find new ways to play in certain zones and bring back life to forgotton ones possibly.

Yelinak does not have out of combat regen until GoD. I am not saying you were stating that, simply pointing out because I've had a few people claim it'll have it day one Yelinak instead of when GoD releases.
  16. I Love Lamp Elder

Could you please try to poll the community here or on twitter to get a feel for what server modifications that you can easily implement would motivate more people to play, or if more people really want the server to stay vanilla?

This! Selo's already had accelerated respawns/AoC lockouts and higher rarespawn chances. Please bring these changes to Yelinak. But instead of halving lockouts/spawns increase the loot. Or poll the players and ask which they would prefer. I found Selo's double raiding was overwhelming, quickly led to burnout, and left little time to enjoy the open world.
  17. Captain Video Augur

This isn't a questions thread, it's a begging thread. We haven't had a "standard rules" server in two years, and the producer's letter promised us we'd get one. For every forum poster on here asking for it to be changed, there are dozens of others ready to roll on the server precisely because it is "standard rules". My question: will the team release what they advertised, or not?
    Protius, Vito, rangerous and 4 others like this.
  18. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

Can you look at the incidental accelerated keying that Mischief had for zones like Veeshans Peak (the key droppers dropping multiple pieces) and leave that in it was so nice and given the short timeframes for yelinak in Kunark. it really curbed on the toxicity that those camps usually bring
    Yendys, Erekai and asdfbot like this.
  19. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

can the AoC for Yelinak, be a full sized yelinak wearing a robe ...
    rangerous and ToVNeedsPicks like this.
  20. Haak Augur

I sincerely hope the answer to that question is "Nothing - sometimes you just want vanilla ice cream. And Yelinak is the vanilla ice cream of TLPs."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.