Shroud of Stealth broken since emergency patch today

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Wdor, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

In Maiden's Eye ToL, my SoS drops simply by moving. I was going to test it in Other zones, but, am not going to risk it until I can get a port to the other zones where I can test it safely. Wanted to see if the shades were actually fixed. I can confirm it works properly in our guild hall, so I suspect it is buggy in the zones that had shades fixed today.

ROGUES BE CAREFUL!

*Edit* Working fine in KV and SV. Not in ME and UP.

Also works fine while mounted in ME and UP.
    Laurana and Karador like this.
  2. Kendeth Augur

I'm not seeing this happen, I just ported into Umbral Plains, ran through Maiden's Eye, and then through Ka Vethan to Shadow Valley without SoS dropping.
  3. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Then I am buggy somehow. I am glad it's working for you. Did the shades see through it?
  4. Kendeth Augur

They did not, I spammed cycle NPC and conning the whole run through Ka Vethan and everything was indifferent.
  5. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Good to see, thanks.
  6. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I just remembered. I tested my new Spirit of the Lost collectible finder just prior to noticing the SoS dropping. I knew it would cause SoS to drop, so I immediately re-applied it as I always do with any clicky. I wonder if it's whats actually bugged. If you have one, can you test it in a ToL zone?
  7. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Just confirmed it's dropping in Umbral also. I suspect that clicky bugged me somehow.
  8. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

OK. Just had another rogue test it with the Spirit of the Lost clicky. Everything works as intended for him. So definitely something on my end.
  9. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Make sure that lag isn't causing your hide to fire before your sneak - and that you actually have both on.

Sometimes I drop hide to deal with an NPC, then forget to hit hide again and hit my entire SoS key... so my sneak drops. I also had to block every invis that's ever landed on me because it sometimes bugs out my SoS.
  10. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I thought about possible lag. But I consistently run between 55-65 ms. I rarely get any lag. But now that you mentioned it, I just checked, and I am at 85ms constant. That still should be fine, but would explain it possibly. I did test, repeatedly, the hide/sneak thing, and it was fine. I too drop hide to deal with NPCs occasionally and forget to reapply. I think we all do. Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it. I also have blocked all other invis.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  11. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I have just confirmed that SoS does not drop while mounted. Very strange. At least I can move around.
  12. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I am not sure what caused this issue, but it now seems to be resolved. If it was just a super easy fix, I thank you. More likely it was my fault, but I would still like to know to avoid it again. I did try everything I knew possible. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Please delete if necessary.
  13. Raccoo Augur

It might be related to having a mob targeted when you hide and sneak to SoS. The hide ability will lower your agro instead of work as hide, so you won't get SoS.
  14. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I've found that to only be the case for me when I'm already on aggro. Like, you can actually SoS while running away from something if you target yourself or clear your target. But I've not had it mess up when I'm not looking at crossed swords with an NPC targeted.
    Wdor likes this.
  15. Laurana Augur

Unrelated to the new collection clicky or ToL, but in the new 23-year Anniversary task: Risky Rat Rescue, the groups of Chetari that spawn at the update locations see through SoS.
  16. Malbro Augur

I have a 111 rogue and went through all zones with SoS on and didn't have a problem with it dropping. Nothing saw through it, although I didn't run across any named.