Guild dps range.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evye, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Qimble Augur

My point was that I haven't seen the enrage timer on every event, but we have seen them on many. Compared to previous xpacs where it was a "hard" enrage (ie boss will ramp up until he one shots everyone or mass AE/DT) ToL for the most part has "soft" enrages. So as long as you can adapt on the fly and meet the (lower) DPS check for the soft enrage, you can overcome by being precise on the mechanics of the event.

If it takes 23m to beat AHR before enrage, it probably only takes 6m or so to stay ahead of the enrage mechanic.
  2. Silu Elder

If you never see the enrage mechanic, are you really getting the full raid experience?
    minimind likes this.
  3. Qimble Augur

Devs should give more achieves / rewards to the low DPS guilds to make up for the fact they're the only ones who actually experience the entire event as designed ;P
    minimind and Silu like this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

That's a very Tier 1 way of thinking. Maybe you haven't been to Tiers 2 and 3, or the anniversary raid.
  5. Qimble Augur

Just gonna ignore those of us who have beaten all of the above saying the same thing? ;P
  6. Evurkvest Augur

I never liked enrage timers or other dps checks, its like beating on someone already lying down.
  7. sieger Augur

AHR enrage is certainly not that bad of a "Hard" enrage, I think some people who don't regularly raid with TBI victims aren't as familiar with what it's like. My guild when playing well can kill AHR with 5-6 minutes to spare. When playing badly (which happens), we've killed AHR like 15-20 minutes into her enrage. You do not actually get chain blinded, a penalty blob spawns and paths toward AHR, when it reaches her it does an AE blind, but it's only a couple ticks in duration. We just tell people while blinded to use their in game map to do run outs as her emotes are called out, and it isn't usually a problem. It's weird the same guild that failed doing normal emotes, once successfully did emotes while blinded for 15+ minutes, but that's the world I live in.

Also, the penalty AE blind is proximity based and can be outranged, while the time we did a really long post-enrage AHR, we didn't utilize it, we have moved AHR away from the raid (killing Pli Liako penalty adds), and when the penalty blobs would reach her, only the off tank holding her away got affected.

I also think the penalty blobs may only spawn every other minute, I think the rhythm is penalty blob-->Pli Liako-->Penalty blob, rinse repeat, on 1 minute intervals.

I will agree if you are in the AHR soft enrage because you flat out didn't have enough DPS to kill her before the timer, you probably can't survive the soft enrage because you won't have the DPS to keep up with the Pli Liako spawns and get AHR down. Our situation when we've done it is usually a bad brain starts foaming at the mouth instead of running out with their emote, and kills 75% of the raid with the ae silence dot. There are things you can do to mitigate that, as a healer when I've seen that coming I try to blink away and do an MGB CR to try to keep people alive, but sometimes you don't succeed or don't notice in time.

In those scenarios we've had a strugglebus "survivor crew" tank AHR and keep the fight active while the rest of the guild rebuffs and banners back in, and then continue the fight.
    Mayrn likes this.
  8. Lamar New Member

need moar splurts and swift dots
  9. FranktheBank Augur

Oh my god. I am so sorry.
    minimind, Annastasya, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  10. Gorgasm Journeyman

[IMG]
  11. Szilent Augur

"With the blast shield down I can't even see. How am I supposed to fight?"
    Tatanka likes this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Keeping everything dead as it pops and is supposed to die allows a more organized, less chaotic mess of a raid. It's MUCH easier to focus on timered events when everyone is ready. Wipes happen when one avenue of killing stalls and a group gets overwhelmed. Top end DPS also reduces healer aggro ganks and such at any tier. Things being around too long leads to overruns.
  13. Qimble Augur

My guilds FTK on Sontalak we were having zone lag issues and the boss chealed... twice I think? Fight took about an hour and a half. Clerics threatened to quit if we ever did that strat again, thankfully the next week (iirc) we got the original burn strat to work.
    Winnowyl and Svann2 like this.
  14. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I was ON that raid, and I still read that as Sontalak cheated twice.

To be fair, I think him chealing was cheating. Twice.
  15. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Our first AHR kill was when the server lag was peak - our last run at her was a lot smoother w/r/t the golems. We literally had anywhere from 1 to 3 sets of aura golems moving across the room at the same time at any given time during the first successful raid. So moves were... problematic. We beat her, but we DID have near constant blobs rolling in, and lots of Pli's coming to visit.
  16. Qimble Augur

My favorite part of the FTK was when the blob refused to move but the golems start moving. So I'd get punted summoned back, then punted again. Rinse and repeat for about a minute straight.
  17. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

You reminded me of one of those rubber balls on a paddle, not gonna lie.