Vaniki Info

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaenisch, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Zrender likes this.
  2. Overcast451 Augur

Not sure about others, but just curious if it's a ruleset that's been used on another server or if there will be any variations. Some general info would be good.

Perhaps someday you all should roll one out and not tell anyone what the ruleset is, and see the fun when people try to figure it out ;)
    Yinla, Chikkin and Skuz like this.
  3. Risiko Augur

I'm confused. You apologizing would make me think the info has been released, but I don't see it. Are you just apologizing up front before it is released, or am I blind and in fact it has been released?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

He was apologising for saying more info for both servers was coming, its just Vaniki at the moment.
  5. Accendo Guest

What Skuz said. My bad for getting that messed up and for causing confusion. But, on a bright note, maybe now I can push for a Yelinak FAQ too.

For the record, the Vaniki FAQ has not been posted yet.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  6. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Yelinak doesn't need a FAQ because Yelinak isn't changing its rule set.

(Sometimes you have to be direct and firm with these Daybreak employees.)
  7. asdfbot Lorekeeper

100% with this one! Atleast let me know now that I won't be playing either and the Yelinak ruleset is concrete. Save me some time posting :)
  8. Chikkin Augur

Does that work on Absor also?
  9. mark Augur

yELINAK needs truebox removed, random loot and free trade then it will be the perfect tlp for the majority of tlp players.
  10. mark Augur

theres a saying if at first you dont suceed,try and try again until you get your way,if you dont try you will never suceed.
  11. Tankkin Journeyman

Looking forward to Vaniki! Wish it started relaxed and started open at 60 though personally. 5 levels behind for xpacs would be a tad bit better for first try on server but regardless will be playing!
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
  13. Manafasto Augur

I just see alot of cheese happening on the new tlp's Stacking a deep tank rotation with a deep healing chain that is sprinkled in with a massive amount of monks.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That would be a fast ticket to boredom
  15. Manafasto Augur

I agree but can see it happening.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

While entirely possible, entirely unlikely, bored people do not stick around for long and boredom of being pigeon-holed into a few OP classes instead of being able to play the class you actually like is going to be like shooting your own toes off so you can wear smaller shoes.
    Chikkin likes this.
  17. Vicus Augur

Really hope no matter what they add to this server they keep the "perceived" challenge of the server. It appears that while multiple expacs are released that we will still be 10 levels lower then most of the raid targets we want to hit. I don't care if you add double loot and exp speeds to make it mimic selos, or change how spells work, aa's etc...no matter what you do keep the challenge. I WANT to not one shot everything and be complete with the expansion in 48 hours. I want it to take weeks/months like it use too. I want to have to think of new ways to beat a raid boss because the standard way of doing it for the last 10 years no long works. Please make the server a challenge.....not stupid hard....just a real challenge.

That is my hope at least.
    Yinla, Chikkin and Zrender like this.
  18. Thatoneguy666 Elder

I have a feeling it's going to be meleequest redux at least for the first 2-3 months. Every TLP is like this, even if you're not 10 levels below cap. Past 75 we'll see. The game becomes far more balanced, but Vaniki could break the mold and the dominance of monks continues indefinitely.
  19. Vicus Augur

I think it depends on MOTM. If no MOTM, then prepare for mage and beastlord lallapalooza.
  20. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

People like repetition. People like being comfortable with the familiar. People like feeling as if they're good at something when they stick to what they know. In a puddle, even a minnow can feel like a shark. This is why people constantly go back to the same couple of xpacs, and joining the big zerg guilds while playing the same couple of classes.
    Skuz likes this.