Absor designed Risky Rat Rescue, didn't he?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolani, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Kolani Augur

It has his fingerprints all over it, down to melee weak light blue cons hitting for 60k.
    Hobitses likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Nope and it seemed tuned down from what was on test :p
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I tried this earlier with a pally and a rogue and two mercs. I didn't take it seriously enough and bombed. The folks I was going to group with had to log before we could try it with a full group...so, how tough is this mission. Is crowd control essential?
  4. Kolani Augur

I was doing okay with Vinelash crowd control, the spider got loose so I was all "I can offtank it until we get some rats dead" and promptly got flattened.
  5. Riou EQResource

The spiders don't see invis, you can invis past them and ignore them completely, its pretty much intended you do this
    MageGuy likes this.
  6. Kolani Augur

Yeah, I did. There's one right behind Minki when he stopped though, although that may have been the instance being buggy, took a while for the ambushers to spawn.
  7. Hobs Elder

Some of the spiders are too close to or have too big of an aggro range for a few spots in that mission. We had issues with that as well but luckily had an enchanter to mez stuff and the DPS to get through it. We did have a few deaths but never wiped and did it 3 or 4 times in the last week on Test. Probably would have been more but between server instability for a few days after the patch and Easter weekend there weren't a lot of people around to run it since Friday.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Kolani Augur

Went back and watched it for about five minutes, there was a spider warping back and forth from the top to the bottom of the hill. According to the Discord there shouldn't be a spider behind the stalagmite that Minki stops at.
    Hobitses likes this.
  9. Evurkvest Augur

Should have made some options on the bonus loot imo or another reward for something all classes would find usefull.
  10. Ismel Augur

Vumad likes this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Disappointed to see no upgrade to the Black Pearl for charm slot this year.

Expected it in the 2 new missions as it wasn't in the first and we didn't get one last year.
    Fenthen and Hobitses like this.
  12. Evurkvest Augur

Oh, there is more rewards than the 1H combat aug. Guess i should do the mission before i judge :)
  13. Jetslam Augur

Had no issues 2-boxing the mission with 120 SK/SHM and rogue/cleric merc. Took about 30 minutes, got no spider agro, and got the bonus item. I used deflect/burn through first ambush and CC'd the set of 6 at the end.

It's much easier than any of the ToL missions and gives better gear.
  14. Spacemonkey555 Augur

It's convertible to a quest reward with iirc 5 options, 1h proc, 1h symp proc, 2h, 2h symp proc, etc
  15. Absor Developer

You're right. 60k is pretty low... :)
    Winnowyl, Vumad, Elyssanda and 18 others like this.
  16. Kolani Augur

I was thinking you might be getting soft in your old age.
  17. smash Augur

Could reduce the number of hps on the mobs
  18. Evurkvest Augur

I was mistaken, good rewards for all classes. Mission was easy enough. The last pack of 5 rats ignored snare for some reason even though the spell landed on mob, that was new o_O
    Ozon likes this.
  19. MageGuy MageGuy

If you aggro a spider, you have done something wrong. And yes. Enc for the easy win. Last set is 5 (not 6). Love the proc augs. /bow
  20. Sancus Augur

If you're a raiding caster, the optimal setup is to run the CoV and ToL 2H proc augs. That's because the CoV aug is a cold resist and therefore gets focused by Elemental Arrow/Season's Wrath. It actually does more DPS than the ToL aug, which in turn does more damage than this aug.

It is useful for people (or alts) that haven't completed CoV or ToL Challenger, though, and it's probably not a bad thing to keep around in case having a disease resist proc is useful for some future content.
    Elvenphox likes this.