Could the Everquest franchise survive a great reset?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cronar, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Viper1 Augur

I know I would leave. Heck, I already play several other games outside of EQ. EQ is mainly just for raiding nowadays as I'm pretty unimpressed by the group game. If they try to reset all that, nope, out. There's better stuff to do.
    Moege, Hobitses and Andarriel like this.
  2. Snazster Elder

Why reset anyone? Make your EQ3. Make one-time free offer to transfer any character from EQ1 or EQ2 to EQ3. They can even keep all of their levels. That's important when you have 23 years invested in a character.

Of course, having a 120 character in a game where the new cap for the OEM edition, with no expansions, is 1000, wouldn't be that huge of an advantage. And, of course, the transfers wouldn't be permitted to all of the EQ3 servers, just to enough.

You get a nice shiny new launch of an MMO with lots of pizzazz to draw in new players, meanwhile, the existing player base (being of considerable value, after all) doesn't all depart for other venues.
    The Champion and Hobitses like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Level cap of 1000? Seems like that would scare a lot of people off due to the high number. Heck WoW did a big level crunch in order to make the levels needed seem less of wall for newer players.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

no point on having eq1 chars to eq3 it wouldnt be the same game just updated graphics at best ill pass. They do a reset im outta here and they better not think of doing what wow did they went back in levels or something like that.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Considering the size of the EQ dev team, their current release schedule and how long it took WoW to do that crunch with a larger team I think it is safe to say they won't do it. A level crunch would end up needing to adjust most of the content in the game which would be a massive undertaking even if they could figure out how to script it all.
  6. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Doesn't work in EQ
  7. Arkanny Augur

yall gotta pray i stay poor lol. if i make it big im buying EQ and its happening >=)
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

I know i'm worried. :)
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No
  10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Yes, I would mind.
    Vumad likes this.
  11. raylone New Member

nothing wrong with dreaming but i promise if this game is still around in 5 years nothing you said will exist and this game will still be going so...

if where just going for a " what if " mit well slap eq 3 out and make a better game, nothing needs fixing and nobody loses what game they supported for 20+ years.
  12. Kolani Augur

Fixed.
  13. The Champion New Member

I wonder if they're working on Everquest Next in secret and surprise everyone next year on April 1st!
  14. Lessw Journeyman

If I was asked to start my character completely over? I would just quit playing, I'm not going through all that again
    Barraind, code-zero and Ozon like this.
  15. Arkanny Augur

Whats so bad about having all that fun again in a revamped game with better graphics and lots of new friends? You guys are all just grumpy old pansies.
  16. Moege Augur

Let me see.
    1. Tradeskills to 350 again
    2. Grinding up in level again
    3. Doing the same quests yet again
    4. Doing the same raid yet again

That all is bad and RSI inducing in #1. No thank I would just quit.
    If you want to go do all that make an alt.
  17. Arkanny Augur

Well if it was a reset for a relaunch kinda deal, i'd expect only levels and AAs to be reset. TS and other kinds of progressions would carry over. Raids would be also refreshed and feel new, since it would be a new engine that would open possibilities.
    But then again, all that can be done in EQ3, so i'm all for that too.
  18. code-zero Augur

Let me see if I can say this nicely:

A small crew of spiteful and jealous people don't like people having had a lot of fun playing the game for years and want to wipe out every trace of anything that they may have done in the course of game play so that the spiteful and jealous can have a even start?

That's what I read in this.

The odd thing is that you see the same in calls for "seasonal" TLP servers that are wiped whenever a new sever opens. The existence of the old server and the abandoned characters is a reminder of past failures of those petty and hateful people who resent those who had had fun in a manner that they don't approve of
  19. Arkanny Augur

I've had alot of fun, and would be all in to do it all over again, so your post makes zero sense to me.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You may enjoy it but many others don't. While I make alts to do stuff again there are some things I never want to do again. I put 21 years into my main getting clickies and other items, maxing all skills, getting achievements, maxing TS. She can trigger most raids and missions. I think it's only GoD she can't do, and I hate that expansion so no desire to go back and do it at all.

A lot of that I've done once and have no intention of doing it again.
    Barraind and code-zero like this.