Derailing threads and moderation

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bigstomp, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Elemental Augur

They do it because this game isn't attracting any more players and in order for raid gets to still function by providing raids and loots to their guild they have to automate certain classes because Whats the alternative? Let your whole guild die out over a few missing clerics?
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The issue is that you will always have players interacting with other players in these cases. Which leads to the issues with either leased servers like you previously mentioned, where the price would have to cover all the upkeep and related Maintenace costs for such a server to be kept running. I had assumed that the reason for the limitation of OoW was a design decision with the existing servers as most want to keep content and the game in those "glory days." I suppose newer content doesn't send as much information to the client as it used to, so maybe the newer expansions cannot be recreated as accurately? Otherwise, I would think that you, with some work, should be able to use whatever the current Launchpad is to keep the files up to date, and then use a Customized Patcher to specialize it to whatever is used for your private Server. I have absolutely no idea how much work this would be though.
  3. Bardy McFly Augur

This is getting off topic, but content is still in active development. Players there do want new content. They had to implement the expedition system for content to move forward into DoN. That work was recently finished.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, what's "kind of funny" is you keep blathering about that as if it means anything or gives any validation to your cheating or anything you say.

Its also blatantly false. There are 13 threads on *this version of the forums in just the vet lounge* with more replies. 8 with more in announcements. 1 in test update notes. 27 in TLP forums. 2 in guild recruitment. 3 in tank forums. 3 in player support.

So that's 57 threads with more replies. That ignores the huge amount of material that was archived that they nuked. It ignores two previous versions of the official forums. It ignores many various class/guild forums that did or do exist.

But please, keep going on and on about how "your thread" on how you are upset that people cheating with M Q are getting suspensions and about how a thread with a dozen people defending cheating over and over to troll responses from people that think you guys can go pound sand was "the 11th highest in eq history in number of replies" as if it means anything.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Ozon like this.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I think comparing /melody to automation is a bit far fetched given what a semi-competent played bard and M_Q is capable of. You might as well say auras are automation. In the Devs own words mercs are dumb. Mercs are to M_Q what a pinto is to a lambo.

I imagine that some raid guilds allowed automation because it became easier than boxing a character. Just because "many" people are doing something in "various" guilds does not make it right.

I agree that EQ does need more accessibility to accommodate its audience. I would prefer that accessibility did not include full blown automation of player characters. There should at least be some work involved in boxing a character.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I mean he only mentioned it once. Seems like you are the one going on about it, especially after that carefully researched reply.

Is this thread considered derailed yet?
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Having boxed clerics before on raids because the guild needed it, it was not difficult enough to require automation to be effective.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Go read "his" thread and note he mentioned it multiple times before that thread was locked.
  9. Catewailout New Member

My arguments have been on consistent application of punishment. If they said something like this, people KNOW what and when to expect it.
    I got 7 day in January, nothing in February, 14 day in March then account termination in April. Other people are on their 4th seven day Jan, Feb, Mar, April...doesn't seem they know how to be consistent and some are getting more severely punished than others. And no, I am not one of the perma-camp afk abusers.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

wow
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

You (EDIT: and all others ) should be banned to even speak in the forums when your account is terminated for cheating.
    Mic drop
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

An account that is suspended/banned isn't able to login and post.
  13. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Yet they create another account with the same ip.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is a different issue then what you complained about and ip address banning isn't something that can be counted on. Just because someone has an ip address right now doesn't mean they are not able to get a different ip address quickly. Also need to remember that others can get the same ip address some time in the future and if you just do an IP ban they would be banned even though they did nothing wrong.

Once you factor in VPN and other methods to change or get a new ip address trying to ban someone based on an ip address is just a waste of time
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  15. Windance Augur

One of our better clerics was laid up for 3 months due to RSI from pushing TS's to 350.
  16. Elemental Augur

Ah you are correct I was confusing replies with views. My thread the 11th highest amount of views of any everquest thread in only a week. Not bad eh
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Pro-cheat botters: I just want to play the game in my humble corner of the zone. I don't hurt anyone.

Also pro-cheat botters: My thread has the 11th highest amount of views. (Yeah, as if they don't measure ill-gotten Krono and platinum accumulation in game).
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

I call dibs on naming my merc "Pinto".
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

And how was your Easter? My kids loved the eggs. :)
    Velisaris_MS likes this.