Burning Land unlock at somepoint?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zarcal, Apr 16, 2022.

1. zarcal Elder

My catchup group of 3 (sometimes 4) can't get past Fight Fire (obviously we will grind and keep trying) so was wondering if at some point the zones will open up a little bit so we can see some of that expansion or should we just skip to ToV?
  2. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I am pretty sure they haven't even unlocked TDS which is 4 xpacs back so I wouldn't count on it. The key to fight fire if you can't just overpower it is to have good crowd control with mez.

Getting past the Smoke Trials and getting Jann's Veil these days is pretty much a no go unless you can box 5-6 characters as TBL is 99% empty.

Edit: skip to ToV
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Knifen Augur

Yeah it was kinda odd Raid Flags were removed so dont have to 85 rule folks into the raid. Can even do Mearatas if not flagged just need someone with progression to request it. But on the other hand you cant just free roam all the zones without doing progression.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Hobitses like this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

TBL has always been considered the "hard mode" expansion.

TBL missions are largely negligible in difficulty once you reach 115 or so, however.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Depends on who you are.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Kolani Augur

IIRC Jann's Veil doesn't require progression and is in Relic.
  7. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Getting Jann's Veil is the reward for Paragon of TBL (except the GMM stuff). It was doable for me with a 3 box of War/Bard/Shaman at 115. I wouldn't say it was easy, because it wasn't, especially the Strange Magic mission. Echoing the level/gear up in ToV/CoV advice first, then boomerang back around to TBL.
    Hobitses and MacDubh like this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

It would be really nice to just let people wander through plane of smoke to visit the rest of the expansion without having to flag.
    There are a lot of people who could not get past smoke so never even got to see the glorious models and zones that were beyond.
    Kaenneth, Hobitses, Lessw and 3 others like this.
  9. MacDubh TABLES!!!

This should be a no-brainer.

I went back at 120 to complete TBL and I kept imagining how impossible that xpac must have been trying to get pick up groups to do the smoke trials. They are so unforgiving and buggy.

It is a cool expansion and pretty ambitious compared to most recent in my opinion. I just don't see why they had such a difficult barrier to freely explore 90% of the content.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

TBL was such a small expansion, zone-wise, that there was absolutely zero reason to lock anything behind progression, save MAYBE Mearatas. It was basically an expansion designed to punish casual/solo players.

There's zero reason to keep ANY of it locked now.
    Lessw likes this.
  11. Moege Augur

that is the lamp
  12. Lessw Journeyman

I would like to see When torment of velious goes free to play, The Burning lands progression be unlocked to Zone in to all zones.
  13. Alnitak Augur

Strange Magic mission in Relic rewards with Wishing Lamp, not Jann's Veil. The mission participants do not need to be flagged, although the request can be made only by a properly flagged character.

All other missions are in zones, which can be accessed via Wishing Lamp after visiting first via Fellowship Insignia (i.e. need friends, who are flagged and drop campfires for you to travel. After the first time, zones can be freely (conditionally) visited via Lamp teleport.

Most missions are locked behind progression for a requester, but are free to participate in by unflagged characters.

Paragon achievement reward Jann's Veil is a very benefitial item and can be obtained by unflagged character with the help from friends.

These days, missions are trivial for odd groups just the same as for good groups. Each mission/trial has some mechanics and once it's understood it presents no challenge.

Chapion progression (Mercenary and Partisan achievements) are quite elaborate, somewhat long, although are fun and entertaining and in my opinion are worth doing at least once. Don't exepect a meaningful reward these days though.
  14. roth Augur

Crazy thing is, as a Ranger, I was able to solo that mission at 110. It would be a bit harder now that Archery hits break root, but should be easier at 120 than at 110.

All of the mobs in that zone were vulnerable to root and snare, as well as Metz, for your crowd control efforts. For that matter, only the Final Four are aggro-linked; you can use lull type spells to get single mobs for the previous two waves.