Bristlebane raid night lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Robnie, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Aywendil New Member

This lag that has gotten even worse with years of it being bad was a major factor in my retirement from the game.
    Duder, Gabrieles, Emilari and 4 others like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

We on FV have actually lost many raiders during CoV because of this - raid lag is so bad it's impossible to play and have fun.
    Duder, Gabrieles and Bartleby like this.
  3. Bartleby Journeyman

We have been dealing with this for the past 5+ years now. This year it's just gotten to a point of no return.
    Duder, Gabrieles and Emilari like this.
  4. Zolav Augur

Aight.. OMW lol..
    Bartleby, Emilari and Proximoe like this.
  5. Tevik Augur

Don't worry guys. They're going to fix the lag by making sure you can't head shot and assassinate Akhevans.
    Bartleby likes this.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Which still makes zero sense. Nerf decap as well if that's the route we're going. Refund the AAs for those 3 paths.
    Bartleby likes this.
  7. Zolav Augur

Apparently... you have no clue how decap works haha.
    Duder and Bartleby like this.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

like, in real life, or whatever convolution the EQ devs decided it should be?
    Bardy McFly and Proximoe like this.
  9. Anjie New Member

Open invitation to any dev to come raid with RA on ANY raid night! Come see for yourself we aren't blowing smoke! We play and raid because we love it, but the zone times, locked spell gems, unmovable mobs.. its making it very difficult to continue to log in. Our next raid is 4/14 at 7:30 EST. If you care at all, come join us! We will make room! I double dog dare you to show up!
    Duder, Gabrieles, Emilari and 4 others like this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Raid lag is bad enough but 5-10 minutes for each time we have to zone when we need to cross multiple zonelines is really painful.
    Duder, Gabrieles and Emilari like this.
  11. Proximoe Elder

Gabrieles likes this.
  12. Nudia Augur

Nooo... Come on Sundays so you can see it at its worst, not Thursdays, when it only makes you kind of want to suffocate yourself with a plastic bag.
    Gabrieles, Bartleby, Anjie and 2 others like this.
  13. Tyreel Augur

There have been raids as far back as RoS/TBL that are just wipes due to the entire zone being unresponsive or freezing. Sucks to be your raid try another instance/night is part of raiding for 4+ years for us. We have had some raids with 2 different strategies based on massive lag or small lag. Now it is not just raid lag we are teetering on can we even get to the raid on top of the raid lag.

Is a Ryzen 9 3900x, RTX 3070, and 32GB DDR4 3600 CL15 a potato?

I have gone to the extreme of doing a fresh install of windows(fully patching) then installing EQ, GINA, and Voice Chat only. I use wired ethernet, no wifi. My modem and router have been replaced twice in last 4 years. I have had a new clean line run from my ISPs drop to my modem and that run is sub 20ft. No wall box for my connection it comes through the wall direct attach to the modem. My connection is optimized to the point that i get 10% more downstream and 20% more upstream beyond what i pay for...

Also my ping has gone down about 5~10ms on average since last patch but the server side lag is worse...
    Duder likes this.
  14. Fintank Augur

Maybe you guys should start aggressively witchhunting the gigantic cesspool of RMT automation on your server. Not to say that will help a lot but it definitely wouldn't hurt. FV and now BB talk about the severity of their lag the most and they both have that 1 factor in common vs the other populated servers. Food for thought!
    Xeladom, Raccoo and Proximoe like this.
  15. Nudia Augur

There's been monthly suspension waves and it doesn't seem to be slowing things down. Hopefully they get more aggressive about it if that's the answer - my commitment was just to pay my subscription afaik!
    Proximoe and Emilari like this.
  16. Willydo Apprentice

Hitting the 6 boxers is great and all, but you have people like Hanita on FV and 5 other servers running 200 accounts without threat of a suspension and the others botting 54 toons in raids on BB and FV to RMT ores and stuff and they aren't getting touched at all. Still there 24/7 patch to patch, nothing to see here.
    Emilari likes this.
  17. Emilari UI Designer

Plus the fun of half the raid crashing instead of zoning after that 10 mins, every time... making it more like 20-30m per time the raid had to zone to get everyone back and actually zoned where they need to be.
    Bartleby likes this.
  18. JarJar New Member

The Lag is Unreal ! This needs to be fixed ASAP
  19. Qimble Augur

Wouldn't change a thing. The problem isn't boxers or botters. We had equally bad lag during the various ban / suspension waves. In theory it could help some types of lag, but is apparent that it didn't move the needle at all.

Just like changes to procs. They nerfed the outta procs to "help raid lag" and it did jack . Maybe it helped one type of server side lag and others became apparent only after, I can't say. From the perspective of the customers, nothing has been done.
  20. Neale Povar Lorekeeper

has the bristlebane and FV lag been fixed yet?