Rizlona/Aradune dont need more time at level 70

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ishbu, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Ishbu Augur

Holy crap this is a poorly thought out plan. Extending the time these servers are in the horribly long level 70 era is just not necessary. You've known what day expansions release on these servers for 2 years.
  2. Wyora New Member

We're not getting more time at 70, just 1 week less of PoR
  3. Machen New Member

As Wyora stated, this isn't more time at 70. It is one more week at dodh, one less week of PoR. TSS still opens on the same date.

Less PoR is a GREAT thing!
    Zinth likes this.
  4. Ishbu Augur

Have they said that somewhere? It wasnt stated with the test patch notes, just that the release was being pushed back.
  5. Wyora New Member

I asked the question in Discord, and it was answered.
    Ishbu likes this.
  6. Ishbu Augur

Well if it means less PoR thats good, but they should really state that instead of leave it out.
  7. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

How is Aradune and Rizlona's population during prime time these days?
  8. Machen New Member

Rizlona is still currently the 4th most populated server in all eq.

Aradune peaks at medium pop even during prime time.
  9. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

How many guilds can clear current content from each server? I'm obviously not looking for an exact number, just a loose estimate.

Those numbers sound very promising for my current goals. I really want Yelinak to be my first and only TLP server to reach live.
  10. Machen New Member

Hate to break it to you, but Yelinak is unlikely to go the distance. (Other than by default.)

Phinigel just barely made it to live with one guild left standing. It was the original, modern TLP with AoC's.

Mangler, the next Phinny clone, is on a lower trajectory than Phinny. Low pop already in SoD, about 75% of the guilds Phinny had at OOW when their progression site stopped updating.

Aradune, the most recent Phinny clone, is on a lower trajectory than Mangler was at oow.

And now, you have people who want a non-truebox server split off, people who want a random loot/free trade server split off, and people who want to try a level locked server split off. It doesn't bode well for Yelinak's population especially past PoP and when next year's TLP launches. Most of the people who will roll on Yelinak will be people who only like the first few expansions and will reroll on the new TLP again next year..
    JustAnotherOpinion likes this.
  11. Zinfa New Member

It's possible, but if relaxed truebox isn't applied to the existing TLP's, Yelinak may be well positioned to retain more players and boxes than any other TLP in the past.
    JustAnotherOpinion likes this.
  12. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I appreciate your response. It looks like I'll have to readjust my goals by quite a few expansions. I hear a lot of great reviews about House of Thule. Maybe I can reach that era on Yelinak with a decent guild.

I always forget how many expansions EQ has. Mangler is still 13 expansions away from Live, yet it feels like so long ago that it launched. Aradune is closer to GoD than it is to Underfoot. I've been using this account to play on Test, and I'm so lost most of the time. I got shot out of a cannon last week and landed in a land of gnomes. Crazy stuff...
  13. Machen New Member

One of the best "late game" expansions in the list, and it's barely half way through progression now. Funny to think that's where the first TLP caught up to live.
  14. Machen New Member

That could go either way. Since most of the rerollers also like Truebox, relaxed truebox might make them even more inclined to reroll. But, for sure, it will be a huge help for those who don't. I can't imagine playing past SoF or so with truebox. Even TSS was super painful on Phinny.
  15. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

It was a pleasant surprise to see that Everquest did something with Meldrath.

I think that Everquest debuted on Steam with Seeds of Destruction as the latest expansion.
  16. Vicious EQ Elder

I was asked if it would be better to gain a week of the current expansion we were both on or gain a week of the upcoming expansion.

Omens is 3 months for us on Misch/Thornblade...we could stand to lose 1 week...and then some...

Riz/Aradune were getting PoR...I figured you'd see it as blessing by subtracting a week from it. Its..the..worst!

lol

It doesn't change the launch time/date of future expansions, only this next one.
  17. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

How is your guild feeling about the upcoming TLP's? Are a lot of players planning to bail or stay? Do you think that Mischief and Thornblade will retain a healthy population after the new TLP's launch?
  18. Machen New Member

Accendo came on our discord and asked us the same thing. We all agreed that a week less of PoR is a great thing!