Vaniki raid content

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EQEnzo, Apr 11, 2022.

1. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Who takes all of the DT's on Vaniki now that Rangers are in the GoD era?
  2. Xhartor Augur

At 40, Rangers
    Skuz and Corvo like this.
  3. Zinth Augur

to all those that say you can't do content without mez (rathe council) well you CAN... it's just HARDER but it IS doable...

this server is a CHALLENGE/HARDCORE server if we have ever seen on. It opens up stuff in very new ways and we need to think out of the box. That an expansion is "open" but the level much lower doesn't mean you can beat it just yet.
    Furthermore there will be SO MUCH content at the same time that it will be "raid overflow" and choices have to be made.

a 300+ member guild won't really help with all the instanced raids which is where we will see the real challenges. not the openworld stuff that can be zerged..
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Zinth Augur

actually we didn't use rangers other than on rare occasions...
  5. AtabishiRetired New Member

To be fair, a LLP type server has been suggested since the early TLP's before I even started playing. I know I've been personally pushing for a LLP type server for the last 6 years except my suggestion was always that it starts with only classic unlocked with no motm and max lvl 40, with a preset time frame of lvl unlocks in 5's, and expansions unlock immediately after each one is fully cleared with the first guild to clear and unlock each expansion getting some kind of reward/achievement. I think with that type of server people would always be able to find a way to clear each expansion before the level unlocks hit the max lvl for that expansion.

The ruleset they have in place though seems ok and interesting, although because of the specific proposed ruleset I see it being very similar to the situation on Selos server, very niche and low population.

I think if I still played EQ I would have definitely played this server, unfortunate that it came a couple years too late for me.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. EQEnzo New Member

Have you personally beaten Rathe Council in a dz(no zerg) without mez? Has anyone on this forum honestly done that?
  7. Labzeh Lorekeeper

Was interested in this also. Would love to see a video and details of how it was done
  8. AtabishiRetired New Member

Well I doubt anyone has tried because would be no point to it. There are several ways it could be done without mez though pretty easily. Rooting/kiting could be an option. The easiest way I can think of though would just be positioning your 72 man raid right near the platform, and there is a trick that allows you to single pull the council spawns 100% of the time (makes them solo pop out right outside the corner of the platform, and no it's not an exploit or hack, just a clever use of item clickies) and you just kill each one at a time. You'd just chain pull them where one is going to pop out as soon as another dies. You have plenty of time to do this. I mean technically this would be an easier way of doing wrathe council over the current strategy people use.
  9. Xhartor Augur

I think Ever is proper question. Even with OW zergs, the mezzabled were still mezzed. Only times they don't get mezzed is when they are killed by overleveled characters.
  10. EQEnzo New Member

Respectfully, without zerging or very significant over-gearing, you do not have time to kill them one at a time from full health. Not remotely enough time. Have you forgotten about the huge AE damage from half of the council, or the insane melee damage from the other half until they're below 10% health? Have you considered defensive timers and healer mana? If someone can show proof of this being done as suggested- without zerg or over-gearing, I'll send them 10kr right now.
  11. AtabishiRetired New Member

Lol they don't take very long to kill from full health, especially with 72 on it. You have quite a lot of time, and I honestly think you are just over thinking wrathe council difficulty. Yes I have considered all of the other things you brought up. It really just depends on what lvl you are going to do it. It's an absolute cake walk at lvl 61 with zero pop gear and has been done many times at that lvl with only having two ench high enough lvl to mez. The strategy I mentioned above, like I said is probably easier to do than the normal mez strategy, and I'd be willing to bet could be done at lvl 55.
  12. EQEnzo New Member

So no, you've never done it or heard of the 12 mobs being killed in less than 7 minutes without mezzing and are just offering pure speculation. Thanks for confirming.
    By the way- those enchanters had to be 64 to mez, not 61. Honestly there's just so much wrong with your statement. Zero pop gear? So you chose to loot nothing from the many pop encounters prior to rathe council? Why are you dying on this hill?
  13. AtabishiRetired New Member

Lol i clearly stated other than two enchanters for mez. learn to read. way to take zero pop gear so literally, of course maybe 2-3 people will have a piece or two, but 99.9999% of slots will be luclin. it's been done before, it was just done on aradune lol. I'm not dying on any hill, I just think you are blowing encounters out of proportion.
    Zinth likes this.
  14. Yarteb Elder

We will NOT be able to kill everything at 40, or at 50, or even at 60. That's ok. But we will be able to challenge some raids and bosses considered above our levels. Part of the challenge will be picking the targets and executing the strategies to do it. Overtly changing the rules etc. would detract from the challenge.

And taking DTs sounds like a zerker function...
  15. Ariana Augur

I really hope the challenge of this server isn't about who knows the best/most pathing exploits. The level difference is already kind of false with the changes to gear and spells. Level 40s with the HP/mana/stats of level 60s... neat.
  16. Chopsuey Augur

As others have said, you don't consider your raid targets by what content is going to be unlocked. You go by level cap. Some guilds will push for higher content than others, and that is the beauty of this server. But just because GoD will be open at 40 you shouldn't feel like you should be raiding in Tacvi. Personally, looking forward to seeing how far some guilds will be able to push.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Ariana Augur

In theory this is all well and good. Raid based on whatever level you are. So maybe that means you aren't raiding Anguish at 60 and will wait until 65 or 70. All good in theory. But at 65, you will have access to zones like Valdeholm and Frostcrypt, and with that comes Elegant Defiant armor. This stuff vastly outshines what's dropping from Anguish for the majority of classes, way more heroics, more H/M/E. So why do Anguish if there isn't any gear to loot there?

Ok maybe it gets better next level cap, maybe there will be a reason to raid. At 75 we'll be able to hit Solteris in a "level appropriate" way. But wait, we also have access to SoD group armor at this point, which also vastly outshines what you can get by raiding.

Hopefully it's clear that for the life of this server, the way it's laid out, you are either raiding in easy mode for no/minimal upgrades, or you're pushing achievements. I've done the former and trust me that it's no fun. It's like raiding using raid finder in WoW. You can just ignore mechanics and plow through content, even more so than you can on a standard TLP server.
  18. Chopsuey Augur

You raid anguish for 2.0 orbs. Do other raids for useful clickies. Get gear upgrades any way you can to push harder content. Seems pretty obvious to me that's one of the main goals for the server for the achievements, but you don't have to push that hard. Each guild can set their own goals.

If a guild wants to plow stuff like raid finder, fine. If a guild wants to see just how far they can get at lvl 40, that is also fine.

The server rules have been laid out, for the most part. It's up to the players to play it how they want, or don't. To me it gives more of the sandbox atmosphere. Tons of stuff to potentially do, it's up to you how much.
  19. Ariana Augur

I feel like if that sandbox idea were popular among players, we would see this kind of playstyle occurring on live servers. Before progression servers became a thing that got churned out year after year, there were self-imposed progression guilds on live servers. In those guilds, the rules were typically "you cannot raid with out of era gear and aa" to preserve the integrity of the raids that they were doing. I feel like this watered down experience, and truly the challenge aspect too, could be happening on live servers to demonstrate that this was something people even wanted, without wasting one of the yearly progression server slots for people that have previously demonstrated that they want a progression playstyle. Nobody was asking for this level cap/challenge aspect to the server prior to server announcement.

I respect that you're optimistic about the server, but I also will campaign for changes to be made to what I see as the benefit of the server for the lifetime of the server. For me, that's eliminating the level cap and changes to gear/casting that will only lead to bugs and exploits.
  20. Chopsuey Augur

So you think the biggest benefit for this servers longevity is turning it into another phinigel clone? Because that's basically what removing the level cap will do. Looks like yelinak would be your best option. Why campaign to change a server into the exact copy of another server being released at the same time?
    Zrender likes this.