Vaniki unlock schedule

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alikat, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Alikat Lorekeeper

Hello,

I posted this as a comment else where but thought it might be worth it's own thread. I've read a lot of concerns about the breakneck speed of level unlocks for Vaniki and that relative to peoples experiences on Selo's it will undoubtedly lead to people being unable to gear up at a sustainable rate for even the -10 level content.

I propose as a change, when we reach the level 60 tier, to increase the duration of each unlock by 4 weeks. This would change the overall launch-to-live timeline of the server from 94 to 150 weeks, or an additional 13 months.

8 weeks at level 60 for 1.0 epics, kunark, velious and luclin.
    12 weeks at 65 for pop, ldon, god
    12 weeks at 70 for 2.0 epics, oow, don, dod, por

That's still way faster than what we're used too, lvl 70 would still go by faster than it did even on Selo's.

Open at level 40 with expansions up to Gates of Discord unlocked
    Four weeks later: level 50 unlocks
    Two weeks later: level 55 unlocks
    Four weeks later: level 60 unlocks along with expansions up to Prophecy of Ro
    Twelve weeks later: level 65 unlocks along with expansions up to The Buried Sea
    Twelve weeks later: level 70 unlocks along with Secrets of Faydwer
    Eight weeks later: level 75 unlocks along with expansions up to Underfoot
    Twelve weeks later: level 80 unlocks along with House of Thule
    Eight weeks later: level 85 unlocks along with Veil of Alaris
    Eight weeks later: level 90 unlocks along with expansions up to Call of the Forsaken
    Twelve weeks later: level 95 unlocks along with expansions up to Empires of Kunark
    Twelve weeks later: level 100 unlocks along with expansions up to The Burning Lands
    Twelve weeks later: level 105 unlocks along with expansions up to Claws of Veeshan
    Twelve weeks later: level 110 unlocks along with Terror of Luclin
    Twelve weeks later: level 115 unlocks
    Twelve weeks later: level 120 unlocks

Edited for clarification.
  2. Vicious EQ Elder

I think you missed the whole point of the server.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What you should bear in mind is that Vaniki will be "era-unlocked" as well as Level-locked

Those two things combined mean that there will almost certainly be more than enough raid content available each unlock.

just take the level 60 unlock, where you will have ALL the level 70 expansions open to you at once (within one hour of each other at least).

So that's Omens of War, Dragons of Norrath, Depths of Darkhollow and Prophecy of Ro all at the same time.

So, I hope you like raiding because this server could well be a 4-5 evenings a week raiding server rather than the typical 1-2 days a week of prior TLP because they have everything on farm & can clear all the current content in 1-2 days.

And if your guild isn't beating the +10 level stuff there's no panic as it can farm the bejeepers out of everything they are at level of even more easily.

That said I was hoping Vaniki would not be quite as fast as it is so I wouldn't mind it having a little longer between unlocks.
    code-zero and Fhiele like this.
  4. Alikat Lorekeeper

I do get the idea behind the server. I just don't think the way it's envisioned is the way it will play out. If I had to make a guess: We'll end up with 1-2 guilds doing +10 level content, like the guilds who usually batphone on other TLP's(o/ Hi Vicious). And most everyone else will raid closer to at-level, picking off a few easier/out of level targets and group content. There definitely doesn't seem to be much reason to do much besides LDoN farm for the first 7 weeks or so, for example.
  5. Zansobar Augur

It's a hardcore server for the few people that care for that sort of thing.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No thanks,

I'm happy starting with the level 40 lock and seeing what challenges there are to do before the next levels unlock.I have no intention of going to GOD at the first unlocks, but I will try Warrens and Stonebrunt Mountains which will be unlocked at start.

There is another server if you want to go the traditional way for unlocks.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. wildone Elder

how long before the server becomes full boxable ?
  8. Trox2010 Augur

9. Alikat Lorekeeper

I never mentioned traditional unlocks or not starting at level 40, I just said the schedule needs an extra month per level tier starting at level 60.
  10. Alikat Lorekeeper

I realize now people might be misinterpreting this line. I don't mean the server starts at level 60, I mean when we get to the level 60 tier, going forward from that point each level unlock needs +1 month time.

You still would do the 40, 50, and 55 level caps.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Truetotheblue Augur

Yinla, Trox2010 and Skuz like this.
  12. Ariana Augur

Whenever TBS unlocks on the server. For vaniki that's like September I think
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

I wonder how feasible it would be to make a TLP server with a fluid unlock schedule. Once the number of online players reaches a certain threshold percentage of max level players then it triggers the expansion unlock. This would incentivize those that want to see fast unlocks help the rest of the population level up by grouping with them.
  14. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Does a TLP server always merge at a predetermined expansion? When Vaniki reaches Terror of Luclin, it will merge onto live. If ten additional expansions are released before Vaniki reaches Terror of Luclin, will Vaniki merge onto live at the TOL checkpoint or continue to the latest expansion?
  15. Captain Video Augur

It will not merge at ToL. It will continue on the same cadence until it has unlocked whatever the then-current expansion will be named, and server merge will most probably happen in the next server merge window after that. On the projected pace, there will be two more expansions.first.
  16. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

I have to agree that the server is intriguing but the unlock schedule is a bit too fast. 2 weeks at level 55 unlock and 4 weeks for level 75, 85, 90 unlocks is too freaking fast. Make level 55 unlock 4 weeks and standardize all expansion unlocks at 8 or even 12 weeks each.
    Digler likes this.
  17. Trox2010 Augur

Ahh your right forgot the Relaxed True box ends when The Burnign Sea xpac is released on these servers.
  18. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I can only imagine a "get to know HekkHekkHekk" post.