Casuals on Vaniki

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by internalprime8, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Nighthawk Lorekeeper

Cheers to that, I couldn't care less about achievements or trying to be the first to down targets, that's never appealed to me even on prior TLP's.

I actually prefer the level locks as it will keep the player base more closely aligned with one another.
    internalprime8 likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Casuals are almost always welcomed, you just can't expect to run a healthy server with only casuals on it, I hope that casuals do try Vaniki & enjoy it, whether they are keeping pace with the rest of the server or not.

But from posts others have made pointing out how Hotzones & Autogrant AA will interact with the era unlocks & level caps Casuals may have more "assistance" provided to them in enabling their keeping up with the Joneses on this server than a Standard TLP.
    Rebelicious and Yinla like this.
  3. Alikat Lorekeeper

This casuals current plan is to start on Vaniki, and if its terrible I'll have plenty of time to hit 60 with the best gear krono can buy on yelinak by the time luclin drops.

I'm at a loss of what class to play though. I usually bard but this seems like the best opportunity to be a mage and not have it be a terrible experience.
    internalprime8, Skuz and Nighthawk like this.
  4. Appren Gnomercy

Well, LDON is awful loot AND awful experience. Maybe they will actually have a use for the Vaniki server, but I wouldn't count on it.
  5. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Vaniki is literally THE LDON server.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Alikat Lorekeeper

I only really did LDoN on Cornaiv at 65, but I don't remember it being a bad experience beyond the volume of runs required for the charm gem thing. It was about 2 AA's per run with an xp pot going for a lvl 65 hard, if I remember right. And cornaiv xp was slower than the servers that followed.
  7. internalprime8 Journeyman

It's not a matter of competing in current era. If you aren't playing with the pack, you are stuck soloing. You can still be casual and want to play with others in a social game.
    Skuz and Rebelicious like this.
  8. Munchies New Member

We are one in the same brother!
  9. Kahna Augur

It took what? 20-30 minutes to complete a 65 hard? So 4 AA and hour, with an exp pot. Paw on Mischief nets 10AA an hour in a super laid back group. LDoN exp is that horrid at pretty much every level.
  10. Zrender Augur

You forgot 2 years in Velks. I got money on people STILL leveling in Velks on Vaniki. I guess that's all they know.
  11. Go Take A Nap Augur

1500 ldon points for a vendor plate bp... Hopefully 40 can wear lvl 65 stuff eh? that will take you like 100 years @ 40. isnt it like 15 pts a mission or something low like that?? One slot down!

Maybe if it was free trade then you could mass farm for your tanks , otherwise feels like a terrible route in terms of time spent.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There's a very good argument for increasing the points awarded for LDoN missions on faster-unlock servers. Same thing applies for DoN, CoTF & TBM content too.

We have seen raid currencies be given "multipliers" and the (very good) reason for that was the faster expansion unlock schedule on TLP.
    I think the same kind of multipliers should be considered being applied to "group content" currencies which is what the LDoN points, DoN Crystals, CoTF marks of Valor & TBM Currencies are.

On a Standard TLP Raid Currencies are Doubled in-era, tripled after the next expansion unlocks then quadrupled for the unlock after that.

LDoN & other Group currency content on TLP having double-points in-era, triple points after the next expansion opens & quadrupled after 2 expansions have passed makes a lot of sense & also helps facilitate a much better catch up system.

I would have no problem with that being done for live servers like raid currencies were either.

Heck maybe do it for the later Type 5 currencies too & you are adding more value to older content & making the journey to max level for a player catching up a bit more rewarding too.
    Rebelicious, Yinla and Zrender like this.
  13. Shakara Augur

You promised a PvP TLP and it didnt happen....I feel betrayed
  14. Burdi Augur

Casual players stinks they are not worthy to play EQ.
    They are whining too much and rage quit on the first week.
    If You dont have 40 years a week minimum, move on dude.
  15. Go Take A Nap Augur

Hey brother, im right there with you! Those guys are annoying. Im addicted man, i promise. Gotta get me some of that new new Everquest.
  16. Go Take A Nap Augur

While i agree that this would make it easy.. im not sure i want that..largely no MoTM presence makes for easier gear up once we hit 60. A vengeful MOTM free killing spree will be glorious approach! If we are capable of wearing 65 loot @60 then PoP gear route will be amazing. In my gut group gear grind seems like a really boring approach that would skip a lot of the challenge early on. If we are getting auto granted AA, then this is largely a slog that would not be enjoyable for me.

Maybe there is another crowd out there that would benefit from the group route. Slower casuals may struggle here without it and finding a balance to strike would be best approach.
  17. ToVNeedsPicks New Member

Casuals on Vaniki will get 40 and quit within a week. Please Devs stop listening to whoever is giving you advice on this new TLP. This is a server you'd see on the emulated list with 20 players. DOA server.
  18. Zinth Augur

they tried a LONG unlock server... it wasn't a smashing hit ;-)
    Barton likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

It's not only because you are getting multiple expansions per level cap unlock. Vaniki will be the fastest progression server in EQ history, faster to reach live than Selos was. No matter how you slice it, it will be a blistering pace and not at all casual friendly.
    Rebelicious and ToVNeedsPicks like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Depends how you look at it, the unlocks should be doable with fast exp. If casual players stick to the usual zones for their level rather than trying to do too hard a content, they shouldn't have too much of a problem. Sensible leveling path where gear drops they can use will be the key rather than taking the fastest leveling path with no drops.

Need to remember they don't necessarily need to do every expansions content, just level and get some gear for that level.

The biggest bonus for casuals will the the autogranted AAs if they go in. AAs are a huge time sink and the biggest problem for casuals to keep up with.
    internalprime8 and Skuz like this.