Forum rules for 3rd party software discussion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Apr 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derd Augur

I rarely log in just to read forums, but if you think likes mean something special I will go back and like any anti cheat posts.
    Benito likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I really would like to stay on topic as well.
  3. Zemistheman New Member

Being a hardliner against 3rd party software is ok - being rude, sanctimonious and grand-standing about YOUR opinion is not needed here.

We ALL pay a lot of money to play this game - your funds do not out-weight the funds others spend.

For context, in 2021 I gave DPG a little over $1600 OF MY PERSONAL MONEY in subs, and expansion fees, etc. And I am SURE others have spent WAY more than I have to Dark-paw due to the LOVE of the game.

Does that make me more important than anyone else here - absolutely NOT

So please, just stop grandstanding.

Hobitses likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The tempo of pro-cheat posts is subsiding. I expect my and other anti-cheats to proportionately decline.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  5. Zemistheman New Member

Fair

Serious question - are you against say... for a player that has physical limitations preventing them from using a mouse/keyboard - from playing EQ?

Klawra and Fenthen like this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I will refer to this post:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-constitutes-as-cheating.281242/

If an individual requires special accommodations, they can contact Daybreak Customer Service (for suggestions or - if necessary - allowances). I'm not arbiter here nor do I have the right to be.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

When I say allowances for individuals that require special accommodations, I suspect the following:

A. Show proof of disability or handicap.*
    B. Describe the limitations.
    C. Offer a workable solution that adheres to the rules or stays as close as possible to the rules.
    D. Daybreak will accommodate the individual so that they are not threatened by a false positive.

*They may require a notarized document from a doctor's office.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The forums has an ignore feature. Click on my Profile Page and press Ignore.

I will say that I expect comments to decline over the next few days as reactionary forces are no longer provoked.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  10. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

That's more than is required in most states for a handicap plate. You kind of aren't aware of how anything actually works are you?

Are you one of those people that believed all the people complaining about the server that launched with only 2 connections per household and they said they have more than 2 that play Everquest in their house?

Are you going to also have them live stream their face so that you can verify it's the same person from your mountain of paperwork playing on that account at all times?
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Since I have lived in Hawaii, this is their application process:

https://health.hawaii.gov/dcab/files/2021/06/Form-PA-3-July-2021.pdf

This is a key requirement:
    (Required) PHYSICIAN/APRN CERTIFICATION. Input the following information:Print physicianʻs/APRNʻs full name, phone number and mailing address.Input medical license number (must be a Hawaii license unless military stationed in Hawaii).Circle medical license type (only listed types are accepted).Signature and date (apply to date of certification). A digital signature is accepted. A fax or photocopy of the
    physicianʻs/APRNʻs signature will NOT be accepted.

I expect the majority of states requires doctor verification.
  12. Burdi Augur

I think third party flavored everquest became such a popular topic that it would be advised to create a full forum section that would include all the mods.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

People who have linked the software and posted screenshots have stopped posting.

I'm sure detailed information (software, mods, screens of cheat forums) is crossing a line in an otherwise lenient past week.

Don't feel too emboldened. To be clear, the rules apply to both anti-cheat and pro-cheat folks. I wouldn't use a 'smoking gun' screenshot or code to make a point now.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  14. Endorek Lorekeeper

You are toxic, boxing or not, your holier than thou attitudes on these forums make it clear that I would pretty much never want to group with you or any of the moral high horse police from these forums and would in fact quit the game if that were my only option.

You can call me pro cheater I guess based on that, but the truth is I'm a pro minding my own business and not telling other people how to play or what to enjoy.
  15. Overboard New Member

People in this virtual world are quite arrogant and sanctimonious. They judge other people / players by skill, attitude, ability.

I have played EQ for 20+ years. It has never been more boring, tedious, idiotic to try and find a group that isn't a pile of bags just acting like they're cool and l33t.

And, you have the corporate overlords who impose their rules without review like they are mother freakin' Russia. Yes DarkPaw, I'm comparing your rules / practices / attitude to Vladimir Putin because it is true.

Sitting around with an LFG tag is lame - why the hell would I pay a company to do that. By the same token, why the hell would I group with tinfoil hat LARP wanna-be's ?

EQ is a game, impose some rules that let people play it in a reasonable manner. To all the sanctimonious sh*t bags that clog these forums, piss off.

Have a nice day !
  16. Bardy McFly Augur

This is my favorite post so far.
    Creative Sparks likes this.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Maxim: The labels "toxic" and "troll" applies when an individual does not agree with the accuser's narrative or worldview despite the assessment of an objective observer.
  18. Gormgeous Elder

Nah, I've definitely thought some of the pro automation crew were toxic and/or trolls and I'm very pro automation. I just think we need to stick to where we are wanted on TLPs which was on Rizlona prior to this last wave of suspensions. I didn't get my wish though for a Mischief-Rizlona clone.

I think you guys are silly for playing the game with 1 character and can't see the fun in it after 23 years. Cancelled my 12 and just becoming a forumquester until the pendulum swings back next year or so hopefully.
    Burdi and Bardy McFly like this.
  19. Creative Sparks Quiet One

IMO I think anyone who is using the programs should let their voices be heard in a way that the company in question understands. cancel the subs. on the other hand with all the "bloated subs" out the way it will also show several things.

1). how the game has been funded for the last 11 years since the last mass banning since 2011.
    2). see where the pure population resides to be able to better accommodate them.
    3). where their $60M (2021-2022) came from.

By all means, if it came from pure subs then good for DGB for getting players back into game. but if it didnt and they are suspending people who are putting money into a game that could / should have died in 2012-14 they are Definitely trying to kill the EQ.

I am not for or against Single play, Pure Box, Botting, Molo. I do believe the game has broken mechanic's that need to be addressed (that PBoxer / Botters have fixed on their own) and would love to not have to box just to be able to do the daily grind. as it is the 3 servers I have been on all of them are basically dead, only having some Solo but mainly Pure Box, Botter's playing on them (from what I have seen)

What surprise's me is the first solution DGB should have used to see who groups with who or do they solo or are they 2+ boxing. imo they should have put a pole out to see who solo's or box's and then made the proper adjustments from there. placing all the people who Don't/Wont to box into their own server(s) and those who Do/Would likebox in the other server(s) this alone would have solved the 20 other problems that are going on right now between Solo and Boxers (of all types) it just amaze's me that no-one in DGB thought of this solution first. instead they just go out suspending people who are basically following the old "Play Nice Policy".

Seriously tho all of the problems we are facing right now is from lack of inspiration/community in DBG and just outright sad. do better and think outside the box.
  20. Creative Sparks Quiet One

Serious Question to any GM who is Qualified to Answer the Question, how hard would it be to take a Pole, wait until end. and then Separate or give people options on what server to go to based on that pole.

example:
    A. Pure Solo Players
    B. True Box(No 3rd)
    C. 3rd Party ("Play Nice Policy")

Pole is Given and a player selects what he wants to do:
    if A is selected they can be moved to a server that is specifically and modified for solo player. unless they do not care if they group with B or C then
    if B is then can play multiple toons but no 3rd party. unless they do not care for C
    and if C can use the 3rd party but cant be toxic or get into trouble with 3rd party. just do their own thing.

IMO this is the best work around it allows the player base to play the game the way they want as long as its not game breaking. keeps boxer's away from solo players especially those who are huge anti box(Benito). also reduces the amount of servers that are empty such as Thornblade, Ragefire, Phinigel, Miragul, EQ20th Selo, EQ20th Mangler, Coirnav and Agnarr the HUGE KEY is marking the servers Correctly (Solo)(TrueBox)(MultiBox) and allowing the player base to select where they want their toon moved / copied to and anyone who has not been online for a while to log into a low population seraver to make the choice when they want to.

if this makes the most sense / you can agree with it hit the like button and let the GM's know
    The Champion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.