Vaniki

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Apr 7, 2022.

1. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

XP POTIONS AND STUFF TO PUT IN YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

I think they mentioned something about MotM in the initial announcement. I'm too lazy to look it up though.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

We don't often align but yeah, melee fest here we come. Oh well, is what it is.
  3. Komodon Augur

I give it longer then 2 weeks but yeah.....as far as year long player retention goes there is little question this server is likely to end up as the biggest bust TLP to date imo. To me this also basically indicates they are essentially at somewhat of a creative loss when it comes to pushing out TLP ideas that'll work. I mean it feels almost like somebody skimmed over the front page here yesterday, read a few troll threads, and pushed out the first random idea that sounded halfway decent to them.

But who knows. Those 2 months unlocks look good on the other server...right up to them again insisted on viewing LDoN as stand alone expansion worthy and making that POP stretch too long. Maybe people will come back over for a round 2 run then.
  4. Merika Journeyman

-To make these goals more attainable, many level restrictions will be relaxed on this server, allowing players to use items they normally could not and land spells on NPCs far above your level.

Honestly it depends what outcome they have with this. I really don't think casters are going to have problems.

But we will see!
    Rebelicious likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Spells are the "weapons" of casters, I would not be surprised if players are maybe able to use some spells that are above their actual level in much the same way melee might be able to use weapons above their actual level.

I could be wrong and the devs have found other solutions to what casters are worried about but I think we will, as is usual, gain more details on the ruleset as we draw closer to launch date.
    code-zero and Merika like this.
  6. Yarteb Elder

Vaniki is not your mother's classic TLP:
    1. Caster focus items will be available including mage summoned items. More damage, more heals, better mana efficiency.
    2. POK is open so the spells will be available.
    3. The "god" melee items from higher level raids will not come easily if at all to level 40s.
    4. "Raids" may not be limited to the usual bosses. "Yard trash" (still higher than level 40) from some expansions may be dropping some useful gear.
    5. Mage and necro pets will start with their defensive skills, not as paper thin weaklings.
    6. Sounds like fun.
    Polekn, Nighthawk, Vindar and 6 others like this.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Casters will be able to land spells, which is good, but melee weapons available from jump are going to far outclass casters. Casters need more than just to be able to land spells, they need the mana regen, mana pools, and better spells to stay competitive. It will be okay 3-6 months in, but prior to that it is going to be rough.
  8. Machen New Member

I am not sure there was any way they could balance this.

However, keep in mind melees will be doing a lot less too, because the greater the mob level difference the higher the mob mitigation. It sounds like they are compensating for the casters being lower level but not the melees, so it may balance out some. At least at certain points.
    Rebelicious and Merika like this.
  9. coltongrundy Augur

I was thinking the opposite. Casters at least have access to most of their spells. All melee weapons worth using are locked behind raid drops and they said they adjusted resist rates, but they didn't say anything about adjusting AC and miss rates.
  10. Alikat Lorekeeper

I've wanted to play a mage on a tlp for a while, but raiding with them through the early expansions of being nothing but a COTH and modrod slave was unpalatable, would a GoD start server even with low level caps be noticeably different/better?
  11. Corvo Accidental Puller of Dracoliche

Pet AAs alone will make a big difference, especially if they allow autogrant at the beginning of the server.
  12. Merika Journeyman

As far as tlp's go, I think this will be the best start for casters depending how changes really affect it. Pet tank's will be a huge help through certain portions for sure.

People really think they are gonna have all their melee gear'd and have high hopes lol.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mage being used as CoTH-bots is not entirely eradicated but has lessened a whole lot by GoD, depends on your Raid Leader though.
    Mod-Rod slave is never gone though that job gets way easier over time.
    What you will definitely notice is your pets are a fair bit stronger and you do solid DPS against level appropriate mobs by GoD, however with the way this server works I expect most guilds will at least be spending some time fighting events that are designed for higher levels than the caps will be at in order to bag those achievements.
  14. Haak Augur

Vaniki is going to be one hell of a krono drain for the first month or two. The push to get gear fast is going to be at an all-time high. A competition-centric, fast moving server that demands you're always facing an uphill challenge? That's a krono spenders' (or sellers') wet dream. Don't show up on this server krono-poor.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I doubt I'll end up subbing for this, but wow! Mah necro server!
    Merika likes this.
  16. FunRuiner69 New Member

Cant wait to get my epic lvl 59 mage pet.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  17. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Someone want to double check my calendar-math?

The way I have it, on december 21st Vaniki toons can be level 75 and play in expansions up to underfoot.

Meanwhile, on Mischief and Thornblade, will be 2 weeks into PoR, at level 70.

Some other considerations:

Nothing in classic will have MOTM at launch.

It seems a lot more caster friendly, (dare I say perhaps even to an excessive degree, although perhaps this is just fair play considering the monk tlp dominance that's been the norm for so long) since even though there is a level limit, players doing content in an expansion will have access to spells that are normally introduced with later expansions, as long as they are high enough level to use them. And many of them would be available in PoK, with no one on the server ever needing to obtain them the normal way.
    And for the cherry on top, they are making items/spells more effective as it relates to level restrictions.

But Vaniki passing Mischief and Thornblade as early as December just seems absolutely crazy to me.

And don't even get me started on what it means for autogranting of aa's...
  18. Xhartor Augur

To make these goals more attainable, many level restrictions will be relaxed on this server, allowing players to use items they normally could not and land spells on NPCs far above your level. Zone level restrictions will also be relaxed, but not removed.

I Wonder if this also also going to include level restriction on spells (Mez, Stun, Lull, charm, ect). Otherwise 65 level cap is hard requirement for encounters like Zun in Txevu, or the Rathe Council.
  19. Lawyer Augur

Nobody is asking for caster superiority, that I can see. They're pointing out that there is a huge difference between, say, a rogue who gets a huge DPS boost from a better weapon -- which will be achievable because let's face it, people know how to kill content out-of-era -- and a caster who is stuck with the same level-based spells.
  20. Lawyer Augur

I think it's going to be a Loophole Server, where there are going to be a few folks knocking out some surprising, out of era content due to the wrong kind of skills, to put it lightly.
    Gnothappening likes this.