Ambiguous wording on TLP rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xanadas, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Xanadas Augur

Is Vaniki truebox "like mangler"? The wording could be interpreted several ways.
    Gormgeous likes this.
  2. Gormgeous Elder

Seconding the request for clarification of truebox.

Is either server truebox? It's arguably a huge portion of the ruleset and was left out of the info entirely.

If it isn't decided yet, please take my vote for making both not truebox.
    Xanadas likes this.
  3. Kahna Augur

Truebox is the default status. Non-truebox would have been significant enough to mention.
    Tweakfour17 and jeskola like this.
  4. Gormgeous Elder

If that were true, they'd have replied to the multitude of people asking for clarification. It seems more like they haven't settled on it yet.
    Merika likes this.
  5. Zansobar Augur

I don't see anything ambiguous at all. Mangler ruleset is truebox. They stated it will use the Mangler ruleset.
    rangerous and Zrender like this.
  6. Kahna Augur

They hardly jump to when the community snaps it's fingers. For all you know the community guy had a dental appointment and hasn't had a chance to review the feedback yet.
  7. Trox2010 Augur

Yelinak, a more traditional progression server similar to the rules for Mangler..." < from Producer Letter

"Mangler is a “True Box Server” like Coirnav." < from Mangler Progression Server FAQ page
  8. Gormgeous Elder

I'd agree except for he was replying to questions asked around that one just fine on the discord. This includes other devs.

Not asking them to jump to. Just kindly requesting a flat ruling on Truebox for the 2 new servers.
  9. Lawyer Augur

Perhaps they still haven't decided.
    Gormgeous likes this.
  10. Elabone Augur

They are not going to release a server that isn't truebox and not announce it. Therefore no announcement means both are truebox. Getting an official answer doesn't change that. You holding onto the hope that 1 won't be truebox isn't healthy. Let it go.
    Zrender and Appren like this.
  11. ProForumWarrior New Member

Truebox on any server is bad. It only creates a bigger gap between those that can afford 6 machines and those that cant. I specially disagree with Truebox on a speed run server
  12. Gormgeous Elder

The five or six of you keep responding with no and I keep saying I'd prefer they aren't and please would daybreak respond.

Not demanding and not unhealthy. Just noticed they have been completely silent on it. If it isn't decided please register my vote as against true box.

You five are very pro truebox it seems and if they haven't decided and are waiting to hear a sentiment, your passive acceptance would result in truebox.
  13. rangerous Elder

You might want to check how many of these posts daybreak responds to lol.

Daybreak has a couple weeks to clarify anything as the announcement is about 7 weeks out from server launch which is early compared to past years.

I'm sure db will make another more complete post but I doubt anyone there is going to respond to every forum thread.

The Yeli one is going to be truebox though while vaniki could go either way.
    Xanadas likes this.
  14. Stagentti Augur

They're probably watching the forums and Discord to see what people want and will decide based upon that.

Wouldn't be the first time.
    Gormgeous likes this.
  15. Vicious EQ Elder

It is Truebox
  16. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

It shouldn't be truebox, but that has never stopped them in the past.
    Gormgeous likes this.
  17. Gormgeous Elder

You guys keep asserting it or both are truebox and then tell me not to hassle myself in asking.

Really you shouldn't worry about me. It is no hassle at all. Just trying to decide if I'll play on either and that is part of the information I'd use to determine it.

Neither should be truebox, hopefully.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Considering there has only been 1 server in recent history without truebox I have a feeling it is safe to say the trend will continue with each new TLP being truebox. Also pretty sure they have stated in the past that the new TLP's will all be true box.
  19. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

While we're at it, can we get Skuz's opinion?
  20. Xanadas Augur

Except that's not what they said.

"Vaniki, a Level Locked Progression server, and Yelinak, a more traditional progression server similar to the rules for Mangler."

It's ambiguous whether or not "similar to the rules for Mangler" applies to both or just the second server they mentioned.