Forum rules for 3rd party software discussion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Apr 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Benito alt account?
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Stop the conflation.

Darkpaw has to investigate and gather evidence. Just because someone does not get an instant ban doesn't mean rules are enforced inconsistently.

Do you want Punkbuster or Easy Anti-Cheat load with EQ? Based on the recent activity on the forums, I think EQ should openly add an anti-cheat program. (In addition to current suspension/ban regime as well as legal threats to cheat software developers and web hosts).
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Keep it up.

You've done nothing but trolling and openly linking the cheat software.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There should be rules of order. People should not be able to use new accounts to manipulate the discourse.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You need to keep your accounts straight. It’s confusing me.
  6. Truetotheblue Augur

I think they are enforcing it pretty inconsistently. People that have posted about it on these forums, and there are multiple, all have stated that just one or two or three of their accounts got suspended but not all. That doesn't sound consistent to me, since I'd imagine if it truly is for software the use would be uniform across all that players accounts.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Well, you do have a history of using sock puppets. You forgot to change accounts when responding to me on several occasions. Skrab's other accounts:

Accipiter
    Niskin
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Also, MasterMagnus.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You were so embarrassed that you responded on Accipiter instead of Skrab that you went silent for a week and said something about ignore. LOL.
  10. MacDubh TABLES!!!

This is getting to the point the mods should just lock this entire message board... one thread won't cut it
    Skrab likes this.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Please, post it.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

This ain’t it Scooby Doo. Look at the account postings and history.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I can't find the thread where you used Niskin. But the thread linked above was when you accidentally used Accipiter and not Skrab.
  15. Tappin Augur

They can literally log on any time between patch and server reset to gather evidence or maybe read the dozens of petitions. I support the use of box assist programs, but some people are harassing other players or violating more rules than some ambiguous one we get for boxing programs.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Let's just do Punkbuster or Easy Anti-Cheat already.
    Derd likes this.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Did you even check the profiles?
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

Current tally.

Benito has made 31 posts in this thread and received a combine 3 likes.

2 for...

And 1 for...

While I received 7 likes for one post...

While likes don't mean that much, and 7 is a very small sampling of people, I think that some time reflecting on those numbers could prove valuable.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Give me those Facebook likes.

I am strongly anti-cheat so people don't want to associate with my hardline.

Edit: Vumad counts likes here then proceeds to like my post in other thread. Thank you (said as if receiving a Twitch donation).
    MooseUhLeany and Derd like this.
  20. Zilkress Journeyman

I am my own person thank you!
    Derd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.