Things I'd like to see Next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Apr 3, 2022.

1. uberkingkong Augur

1. EQ is good vs evil vs neutral, however lately it seems like all the content is played as good race. Ex. I'm an Iksar, I go through expansion playing as the people who slaughter Iksar, it doesn't follow my Evil race.

So how about paths, similar to DoN, let me slaughter High Elves in my instances not Iksars, Trolls, and Ogres.

Could be raid paths too, good and evil raids, if raiders beat everything they could always grind the faction to change their good/evil path and do the other paths raid. Of course time consuming but you have an option of something different to do for the next 6 months after its beaten on day 1 of the release. The raid guilds who take awhile to beat the raids, well there going to beat whichever good/evil raid path they are on, its not suppose to be both paths to be beaten, its just something extra to do, completionist thing.

Sick of being Evil race and killing Evil race mobs being forced into the Good. Let me kill High Elves and be Evil race.

2. Level 100 Heroic character is coming right?
    Is there going to be new content for them? A road to the max level at the time?

Right now its pretty much, find some high level to Gribbles you. Find some high level to do EoK content for you and they PL you. 106 to 115 is High Level PLing you even more doing ToV content. It's basically find someone High Level and they do stuff for you.
    Level 100 isn't going to be steam rolling through EoK, Frontier Mountains. Level 100 will be eaten alive
    Level 106 isn't going to be steam rolling through ToV. Level 106 will be eaten alive
    This requires a high level doing it for you.

So I'd like to see just 1 new zone (level range 100 to 115, emphasis on level 100) or really good Hero achievement rewards, like gives you crazy xp when you do quests that you can actually do, not requiring a high level to do it for you.

Because basically your level 100, 100 gear is easily replaced by Conflagrant which is 6 levels away. Is TBM unlocked or you have to go do the progression for it to unlock the gear, the quests are scaled and its rough for 100, I think 95 is the toughest for the scaling of that progression/quests. Then this leads back to a High Level as to go do it for you, because a 100 molo or maybe even duo is going to be having a hard time especially if they are new to the game, because the golems in Into the Temple B they hit like trucks, and adds getting pulled tends to happen as well. Into the Temple B is no newbie/intro to EQ quest to do. People stay at lvl 75, just because of the buffs from DS and being able to steamroll through TBM and scaled content, but lvl 100, the buffs aren't super helpful anymore, they help but not as much as being lvl 75 and mob taking 15-30% damage everytime they touch you.

3. Gear, tradeskill and T1 group drops. Why is it the way it is now since TBL? As in TS gear I need to get a drop from a named. T1 nameds they drop that drop plus/or the T1 group gear, which all you do is put in your emblem. But the TS is gear better. Both require killing the T1 named. PLUS on top of the T1 its No Drop.

Why can't either the T1 group drops be TRADEABLE. Or the TS gear NOT REQUIRE a drop from a named or mission. Pretty screwed if you can't do a named or a mission. Can't get the T1 group because its NO TRADE, can't get the TS gear because its locked behind some drop you need.

Why? Make a mission pretty chill, no having to kills nameds that are crazy, no having to deal with adds. Just a 6 hour lockout timer is all I have to worry about. This is something I would look forward to everytime I login. Something end game for me to look forward to doing daily if you know you know mission. But I'd rather have T1 GROUP gear TRADEABLE and/or the TS not require a drop from named or mission. OR even better, two tiers of tradeskill, one where you need the DROP and one where it doesn't need a DROP. Both for GROUP geared tradeskill, not raids. So T1 T2 tradeskill gear.

4. Storyline, I'd like to invest in story, feel like I'm following something. I feel like story/lore doesn't really happen much anymore. Like people know ToL its to get Aten Ha Ra, but thats it. I'd like to follow some heroic NPCs, maybe some zone metas, like what other games do, where say every 3 hours, Innoruuk is going to go start his campaign, depending on how everyone in those does determines how far he gets and the rewards everyone in that zone gets from it. So basically your in your groups or in a raid. Follow the meta, try and make it a success. Everyone even if they are not in your group, everyone who participated in the subtasks, like defend the city, attack this and beat them before the timer runs out. Even if they not grouped, just who participated in it. They all get rewards. I'd like to see stuff like this. So even if someone is terrible, they there they trying, probably no one wants to group or maybe people are more willing to group now. They get meta rewards, maybe 15% xp or they get the DROP for the TS gear, so they can actually use the TS gear. PLUS its a meta, its a story, Innoruuk is doing something text is showing your involved. It's not just raiders who actually do/involved in meaningful story, group casuals, whoever they are involved too now!
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

the last expac I really liked the Lore of was TBL.. it was great.
  3. Iuwene Augur

Last good storyline was CotF imho. TDS was ok, too, As was EoK/RoS to some degree. Never found a real storyline in ToV and onward.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are a couple of problems with this idea and the biggest one being we only get 9 raids and a limited amount of group progression as it is. There is simply not enough resources to make multiple progression paths especially if they oppose each others.

Guilds are made of up good, evil and, neutral races and at worst you would still have people following a single progression as the guild will pick one for everyone. At best you would have an entire guild keep grinding out faction to complete everything and it could burn them out.
  5. Sobmre Augur

just make ldon 2.0 more zone more adventures
    Elyssanda, Dre. and Aenvar like this.
  6. Hekaton Augur

I’d like it if the lore of an expansion was more accessible. Make a lore scribe merchant that sells books pertaining to the goings on of certain expansions. I still have no clue what the restless ice was about and at this point I’m afraid to ask. I know it involved a dragon a book a sword and a rock.

Better yet have each expansion have a lore npc where more story is told after hitting certain flagging requirements
  7. Cadira Augur

It's be nice if they'd actually listen to feedback for the expansions we do get.

No real class balance fixes other than knee jerk across the board increases to nuke damage (what about retro active fixes for tlps, non max level players?)
    Raid bosses having too many hp.
    Raid mechanics wiping entire raid for a single mistake that no one (I know of) wanting in all of eq period, let alone 4 f'ing raids this year.
    Raid lag
    Buff slot limitations
    Millions of adds on raid events due to lack of ingenuity to find other ways to take up our time more enjoyably.
    Getting rid of useless spell lines or making them useful.

Hopefully with this new crew they actually...do something next year worth doing.
    Remien likes this.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

+1 for LDoN 2.0
    Choose difficulty 70 to max+5
    Solo entry allowed
    New backfill spells for each class at 60, 80, 100 (copypasta from 105+)
    Lower lvl gear purchaseable with tribute points
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

While I am not necessarily disagreeing, I have to ask- what would you do to make an event hard/challenging/engaging, etc?

Failed emotes and harsh punishments is a way to make a raid difficult. Adds, while time consuming yes, is another way. Maybe the top ten guilds can handle three waves of netherbian adds at once, but maybe that is too much for guild #25.
  10. Cicelee Augur

One thing I would love to see is a raid event where rez was not allowed. Once the event starts the zone locks. No one can enter the zone until either reset or chest spawns.

Just trying to brainstorm ways and means to make raids more challenging...
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure I would call that more challenging and it would lead to some problems for unavoidable deaths or LD's. I think there are better ways to handle those types of cases such as mechanics on death or when people zone in after it starts.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

LDON2 - dynamically generated zones. different every run
    Dre. likes this.
  13. Cicelee Augur

You don't see how a raid that starts off with 54 that slowly loses players over time due to death is not challenging for those that remain in the event zone? How starting with 54 and halfway through there is 54 is easier than starting a raid with 54 and having only 37 at the halfway point? Two of my most memorable raid memories in my life was a Ragefire cleric epic raid where the last four percent was me and a SK doing all we can to win when in era, and a TOV Dozekar raid where the tanks went down except for our weakest geared tank who somehow tanked Doze for six minutes which ended up being our first Dozekar raid. Stressful situations create challenges and a heightened sense of focus.

Now yes, LD is one thing I realized would be a problem. But how often are players going LD during an event, even as laggy as the worst we have experienced? I don't think LD during an event happens enough to all raid forces to automatically disqualify my idea.
  14. strongbus Augur

a ldon 2.0 would be great. do it the same way no new static zones. just camps in different zones and all new zones are instances.
    Dre. likes this.
  15. Cadira Augur

Anything that makes people think outside the box or use tactics, old spells, or just different abilities than they usually do. Having all events where clerics just sit there and heal is boring. Banes were a good way to do this, using old spells like in mearatas, that sort of thing.

Failed emotes should be harsh, not guaranteed wipes. My opinion.

But the adds could be interesting, in 1000 different ways. 99/100 adds lately are just hit point bags with no particularly special tactic required to handle them or anything interesting they do period. Just pick em up with a tank, heal the tank, and dps them until dead. For the sole sake of prolonging your raid's win.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't see how I would want to do a raid where you end up failing because a couple of people die due to a lag spike (or go LD) and you have to start over again from scratch. I find raids much more enjoyable if you are allowed to recover from mistakes as long as you have the ability. And going LD/Crashing happens more often then it should and we should not be in a position where we have to give up on an attempt because of something like that.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  17. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Cice? did you miss the night where about HALF of our raid LD'd?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.