Convorteum Named Multi-Casting Spells

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Apex, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Apex Elder

Was going through some logs after some people said they had a hard time with certain rare creatures in Convorteum and found this from my travels.

[Thu Mar 17 16:47:54 2022] Spitting Firebug begins casting Lava Spit.
    [Thu Mar 17 16:47:54 2022] Spitting Firebug begins casting Lava Spit.
    [Thu Mar 17 16:47:54 2022] Spitting Firebug hit you for 20076 points of fire damage by Lava Spit.
    [Thu Mar 17 16:47:54 2022] Spitting Firebug hit you for 20076 points of fire damage by Lava Spit.
    [Thu Mar 17 16:47:59 2022] Spitting Firebug begins casting Lava Spit.
    [Thu Mar 17 16:47:59 2022] Spitting Firebug hit you for 20076 points of fire damage by Lava Spit.
    [Thu Mar 17 16:47:59 2022] You have been slain by Spitting Firebug!
    [Thu Mar 17 16:48:04 2022] Spitting Firebug begins casting Lava Spit.

[Thu Mar 17 16:58:54 2022] Spitting Firebug begins casting Lava Spit.
    [Thu Mar 17 16:58:54 2022] Spitting Firebug hit you for 20076 points of fire damage by Lava Spit.
    [Thu Mar 17 16:58:54 2022] Spitting Firebug hit you for 20076 points of fire damage by Lava Spit.
    [Thu Mar 17 16:58:54 2022] You have been slain by Spitting Firebug!

if anybody else has logs of similar situations feel free to add, this was the only named that I thought something might be off on since it basically deleted the whole group instantly
    Svann2 likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is not a bug, the named emotes before casting this spell - Lava Spit

'fixes its compound eye on <target name>'

Target can be a Player & / or Merc, then it will "spit" the cone ae (045 to 315) in their direction.

See image below, line of sight to emoted-target is along the 0- degree line any players within the cone gets hit.

[IMG]

It is important to note that the emote for this ability was never very reliable, sometimes it happens othertimes it does not. The multiple log lines you see for;

Spitting Firebug begins casting Lava Spit

is because the number of lines = number of players caught (& casted upon) within the cone.

When fighting this named the best strategy is for the group to be split up at a distance of more than 40' from each other & the named (other than the tank of course), this was fairly easy to do when I 3 boxed it.
    Axxius likes this.
  3. Kodachi Augur

It's not the fact that it casts the ability, its the fact that it does it multiple times in the same second. I mean, if its working as intended I guess thats that, but its really dumb.

That multiple lines thing is it casting it 3-4 times at once. I killed this thing and had that happen twice on a merc and my bard in 2 different instances. They both got 1 shot dead immediately from full health.

If its not a bug and its intended to be that dumb, then fair enough, I already killed it once and I don't really need to ever kill it again.

I'd have to pull it from my logs at home, but yes, this named will ae multiple times in the same cast. It machine guns it.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The Named can target/emote more than one player at a time and also mercs if those targets are close to one another then everyone gets hit by by the ae multiplied by however many were targeted so if 2 were targetted everyone in range gets hit twice.
    Thats why you gotta spread out.
  5. Kodachi Augur

After I died to it the first time I engaged it without understanding how it worked... I had the character tanking it be the only one taking it and them proceeded to spam heal it.

The tank merc was the only thing within the frontal 180 degree arc. Its possible the rogue merc was glitching itself back and forth in front, but I can't explain the third hit through any amount of logic.

I had it casting it more then each server tick as well, but I was able to heal through that.