No Krono. No daybreak cash. Truebox. Fabled. Sub Only TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grtoski, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Fluid Augur

We don't have the information available to draw a conclusion about Krono. By that I mean are people that buy them the same ones that use them. DB probably has this information but doesn't release it.

Why this is important. If someone is buying a couple of dozen Krono a month to spend on gear, leveling, what have you then it affects DB's bottom line just like the mad rush to buy experience, Clarity, SoW, potions, from the DB site every time there is a new TLP. That is, some people are effectively getting others to join the game to give them an advantage by paying for excess Krono.

There's probably also a minority of players who just want to get into the game cheap. $15/month is too much, but if a RMT trader will sell them a Krono for $10, they are in. *BUT* like I said, we and that includes me, have no data to base a conclusion on. The pencil pushers at DB probably go over the data at weekly meetings! Understand I understand a BOT army is not a player and I don't care for them, but to DB someone running a hundred BOTs is the same as 100 players with respect to their bottom line.
  2. Kahna Augur

Why does anyone care what someone else does with their krono? It is possible to play the game and get gear without ever participating in the krono market. Who really cares if others do so? Are you really that bent out of shape because someone you don't know gave krono to someone else you don't know for an item? Is it really destroying your enjoyment of the game just knowing that occurs?

You would probably be happier if you spent more time playing the game and less time worrying about how others play the game.
    Genoane, Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

two words:

RMT
  4. Kahna Augur

But why? Why do you care? Krono are sanctioned, they aren't doing anything against the EULA. How is it ruining your gameplay that they exist? Most people who have krono have never spent a real world dime on them. They earned them through gameplay. How does someone having them prevent you from killing Naggy or Vox or any other raid mob and getting yourself gear?
    Tweakfour17 and code-zero like this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

These people want to reclaim some lost feeling where the game was new and full of wonder and everyone helped everyone and we explored together and leveled slow and everyone sucked at the game equally. They are also likely to be the same ones upset about people boxing. They're chasing an experience that no longer exists, which is why re-rolling in classic every year is so popular.
  6. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

How is EQ meant to be played?
  7. Triconix Augur

Definition of insanity. Rather than accepting the changes in the game and starting new adventures, let's keep trying a classic experience in hopes that it miraculously mimics 1999 more this time around! When it doesn't: Shocked pikachu face
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Truetotheblue Augur

Not playing with anyone in your house, apparently, unless we go back to real 1999 with 56k modems for that IP portion
  9. Court Elder

I’ve read some stupid threads in this forum, but these ideas are the worst.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Krono = the Genie that was taken out of the bottle, you cannot & will not be allowed to put it back in.

RMT existed before Krono, Krono IS RMT, but it's the one type of RMT that benefits the game makers, the devs, the players too since it probably helps make EQ the most profitable game in the studio - and when a game is the most profitable, players have some economic leverage.

Take away Krono you do not remove RMT at all, all you do is allow third parties to profit while Darkpaw gets nothing - and that's just flat out stupid.

/mic drop
  11. Court Elder

^

Agreed. I don’t think most of you (including the original author) realize that the idea of taking away the most profit-laden aspect of running a business is bad business.
  12. Trox2010 Augur

With no pants on......after that it's up to the player's opinion on how its meant to be played (outside the "don't be a nozzle" general concept).
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You heard it here folks, mandatory rule, no pants.
  14. Nolrog Augur

I don't need a degree in finance to know a server that will not be profitable or sustainable when I see one.
  15. rangerous Elder

No it doesnt people will just purchase the items/services with money that they would usually purchase with krono. I dont get how your not getting this. People even prepay for PLs and spell running services first sets of armor etc before servers even open. This is even with krono existing they dont even bother to use it.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Krono was just DBGs way of saying that they wanted a slice of the pie. Funny thing is, people talk krono and cry about power levels or selling gear, but from what I can tell, the big krono maker is the person playing the bazaar. I see a guy on every TLP going from zero to 200 krono just from bazaar. I honestly have no idea why people buy krono from them for 25% more plat. Worse, why do others sell to their buyer for 25% less plat?
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  17. Hirbow Augur

Purchase services with what money ? 1 month into the server? Did you read the whole paragraph ? This is for a fresh start, where people don't have PLAT and you would have 0 kronos to use as plat at the start. So guess what, people need to farm and gear up, and gear up with farm money and raid to get items , and that takes time, which delays the whole I have maxed trade skills/economy ruined in 1 week since I bought everything with the 200 kronos I brought over.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No krono and removing plat from drops is a non starter for a server.
  19. Trox2010 Augur

You do realize their is other currency outside the game people use to buy stuff with correct? You also realize farming Plat doesn't take that long if that is what your sole intent is to do right; we are talking less than a week to be up and running? You also know Krono are tradeable on other servers; including the Live Servers that are F2P so creating a throwaway account takes about 10 seconds?

Really all your suggestion does is give DPG more work to do with zero pay off and zero delay to the whole RMT side of the game. It literally solves nothing; won't even delay anything, and is much more likely to just cause a bunch of problems if they tried screwing with that code.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. rangerous Elder

Real Money. Hence RMT.

1. Paypal Transactions (or similar services)
    2. Credit Cards entered into a 3rd party website like any usual online purchase
    3. Crypto
    4. Wire Transfer
    5. Cash
    6. Krono

Removing #6 doesnt do anything but screw daybreak out of the only option in which they get a cut of the RMT.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.