New TLP starting a GoD. Great idea!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sandrito, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Sandrito Elder

I think starting the new server at GoD is a great idea. I would switch servers.

I, for one, am quite sick of doing classic era ad-nauseum over and over the last 5 years of TLP servers and waiting the better part of 6 months until the server progresses to content I enjoy (Luclin and onwards)

Plus I'm tired of playing catch up if I choose to play a beastlord or zerker.

Don't listen to the same loud cry babies who also screamed for their box server. A massive failure.
  2. Wicked_old Journeyman

Then simply join Mischief. Plenty of gear to easily level up with and join us on raids. Duh, why wait for new tlp. You have what you are asking for Wednesday. Silly noobs...
    rangerous and Xanathol like this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Don't listen to the massive success of the boxing server. .

You can just say....

In an existing thread. Instead of making a thread that includes a nonsense line.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Misc starts GOD this week... you won't find a better newb server than one with FV loot rules! You could probably get decently geared for a krono even.
    Appren likes this.
  5. toasty4800 Elder

Group game below 60 is rough on mischief for a new player.

And yes 1 krono will get a noob geared up but getting a 65 sufficiently geared for raiding is going to run at least 20-30 krono unless you find a guild to carry you, good luck on that one.

Unless you are playing the crappy classes like wiz or druid, or just heals in general, good luck finding a guild.

To top it all off if you are playing those crappy classes, guess what you basically need to be carried through the majority of leveling too, or it will be painfully slow trying to solo.

So my advice is wait for the new server unless you can box and have a krono surplus starting on mischief at this point is going to be rough.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  6. toasty4800 Elder

Ok but I want to play shadow knight or monk.

What's that you say? All full up? Only looking for druids/wizards/bards/clerics?

I see.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

Guilds that require you to be well geared to join are all idiots and you dont want to join them

Guilds that close recruitment are bad, unless they want to fail and be forced to merge with another guild.

Stop looking at bad guilds.
    EQcleric and Skuz like this.
  8. toasty4800 Elder

suggestions?
  9. Kahna Augur

Uh, none of this is true, except maybe the low level group game being sparse, but what aged TLP doesn't have that issue.

You can get a toon twinked out well enough to PL itself for 20k pp. 50k If you want to really go for it. That's less than 1/4 of a krono. A full krono will have you in raiding shape once you hit 65.

I just leveled up a bst for funsies. Self PL'ed in Paludal till 20, murdered casually in netherbian for a few more levels where I teamed up with another twink. Then I went to Guk where a nice individual let me join their PL group because why not and made it from 25 to 43 in a few hours. Once I was 43 I could group with 65s and have been doing that ever since. The groups are out there, if you are willing to look for them, and they are often more than happy to let you tag along.

As for it being hard to find a raid guild? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Any raid guild worth it's salt is recruiting. There may be one or two classes they have too many of, probably SKs and monks, but other than that every single guild out there will happily take a good player. Or heck, even one that can fog a mirror and sort of follow directions. As for gear? Why, on earth, would anyone care about what gear you are wearing? So long as you have something in each slot that has some sort of stat on it you'll be fine. Gear drops like candy so you will be geared in no time.

Quick glance shows 8 Mischief guilds on the first page of the guild recruitment forum. 4 of those are recruiting all classes, the other 4 are recruiting most classes, and ALL would take a good player regardless of class.
    Crabman and Thewiz like this.
  10. toasty4800 Elder

There are 2 guilds recruiting all classes and I don't want any part of them. (faceless/gig)

There are an additional 4 guilds that are recruiting only certain classes.

Also your anecdote about how you got PL'd for free is literally useless here.

I have 6 lvl 65's various lvl 40-50s and several 20's. I'm willing to bet i've spent far more time playing on mishief than you.

I have spent many many hours on lvl 40's semi afk while looking for a group, what do I see nonstop while lfg? I see people advertising for selling PL's.

Furthermore you leveled a beastlord, who is very welcome in groups and can easily solo a lot of content, try doing the same with a wizard or druid(2 of the high demand classes in guilds)
  11. Kahna Augur

I have a wizard, had no problems leveling it. I also have a rogue, shaman, mage, SK, bard, necro, bst and a handful of low level alts I occasionally mess around on. Finding a guild on this server is easy, though with as cranky as you seem, you might find it difficult.

Imperceptible Goals is recruiting all classes.
    Mutinous has open recruiting for all classes.
    Major is only closed to Pallys and SKs, and I'm willing to bet if you were a strong player you could still get in.
    Dragon Food is recruiting Bst, Cleric, Mage, Monk, Pally, Ranger, Rogue, Shaman, Wizard
    Epic Blunder is open to all classes though you would have to be pretty amazing to get a spot as an SK.
    Primeval Might is open to all classes
    Oathbreakers is open to all classes

And that is just the first page of the recruitment forum.
  12. toasty4800 Elder

Yea i have popped into several of the above discord servers, never got any messages or replies from any officers.

Either they are trying to portray the image they are recruiting or they are being ultra picky about who they talk to, not sure.

I also have a 65 chanter/wiz/druid all with 300+aa but absolutely no interest in raiding with them or maining them whatsoever.

Another issue we are dealing with is core game design that makes certain classes much better than others.
  13. Cardozo Journeyman

While a new TLP starting at a new point could happen, I don't see how a GoD (or similar location) would be a good point as the most recent TLP is at that point. If you add in the way mischief loot rules are, you get tradeable loot and massive quantities of raid loot already available. I would wager leveling up on Mischief will take you less time (or similar) compared to a new TLP, even if the group game 1-40 is non existent bc of exp rates, the plentiful availability of gear to twink for cheap, and you wont have to fight for exp camps. You can play the game to earn plat, and buy gear substantially better just with plat than anything you would have spent krono on if you were on a new TLP.

But hey, this is EQ! Where the powers that be always do things that don't make sense so I kind of expect there will be a GoD/OoW era start.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

OP Shoulda posted in an existing thread, 2+ already.

But just to address the crying about launching a GoD-start server while last year's TLP is already at GoD...

A new TLP with GoD-start is not the same thing as a classic start server that has or is about to unlock GoD.

Firstly - different demographics, rolling a zerker on Mischief will be as a low level player among a server full of max level players, they will likely be soloing, boxing, or getting power-levelled instead of getting actual level approximate groups & levelling with the rest of the server.

Secondly - a GoD start Server would attract those who want a fresh start that has ALL classes available from it's launch, something no other TLP has had except Miragul.

Mischief will be about to lose all of those players that "quit after PoP anyway", to a classic start TLP if one launches, and now your whining that another TLP is going to be taking players, this is the same fear we see from TLP's every year, just accept the fact then every time a new TLP launches your TLP will lose players to it - TLP players on ever server prior to yours had to deal with this, so will you.

And by the way, nothing has been confirmed yet, a GoD-start TLP for 2022 is still 100% speculation, and even if it isn't there is likely to be another Mangler clone launched alongside it.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  15. Digler Elder

I don't understand why these points are so hard for people to understand.

Launching a server with GOD open (and everything else that means) is not the same as "rolling on Mischief" now cause Mischief be at GoD at the same time as the New Server.

The two are vastly different experiences.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Brunlin Augur

I think people understand just fine.

Yes launching a new server with a different set of rules with Mischief either in GOD or in OOW by the time the new server comes out, is not the same as in the way the game plays out.

Maybe........but there will be two servers in or around GOD. It really depends on the cadence of the expansion release of the new server. If it is similar to Mischief this would even be worse.

Starting a classic TLP at an expansion where most classic TLP players leave, isn't a good idea.
    Also, most people that are excited about GOD is on Mischief. Mischief is probably one of the better ruleset that we have seen so far.

I hope, that we are surprised by another fun ruleset that we haven't thought of, but still keeps the experience close enough for the nostalgia. It doesn't have to be a classic start either, maybe a Kunark or a Velious, but definitely not a GOD.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's supposition.

The fact is that players are leaving TLP's from very soon after they launch & they keep on leaving all the way to their eventual closure, there is a fairly steady rate of departure but it does depend on how popular the new server is how big a hit ALL the prior TLP take when the new one shows up, not just when it launches but for months afterwards, and every TLP will lose players for every new TLP that launches. And no new TLP has managed to kill off any prior TLPs.

Not true, this might be your opinion and accurate for you, one person, but it is not everyone else's because you simply cannot speak for anyone but yourself.

Classic start - sure, one of two new TLP
    Kunark start - better than a Classic Start imho
    Trilogy start - better than a Kunark start imho
    GoD start - as one of 2 new TLP I don't think is any worse than the three above, but it having Berserker & Beastlord in from the start was kinda the point of this idea and none of the above offer this.

If the devs ever decide to walk back all of the work they've been doing to reinforce the ties of classes & races & combinations of such to their original launch expansions I would be very surprised.
    I think we will never see Beastlord or Berserker in from launch of any Classic start TLP, so for that - and there are a lot of people who have asked for that, the only options are a GoD start or an LLP with all expansions open & level-locks.
    Brunlin likes this.
  18. Court Elder

GoD start won’t happen. I feel like we covered this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No announcement yet = anything can happen, and probably will.
  20. Crabman Augur

The first part is 100% true, and I assumed this was a troll attempt...

But the second part is interesting to me that you would say that, seeing that in other posts whenever people ask for classic starts with 3 months or longer releases you say they should "go play on agnarr"

And it really really wont be different for more than a month max. The people who rushed launch will already be raid logging, the causals who had to out to dinner with their wife on launch will already be crying and saying they got left behind, and it will be as tho the TLP had been around for over a year...