Is there a place to request items be added back to the marketplace?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Swiss, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Swiss Augur

Is there a place to request items be added back to the marketplace?

The "Metamorph Totem: Chetari Servant" has been off the marketplace for a very long time and I would love to buy some for my pet class alts. Originally when it was removed there was talk of cycling the items but that never seems to have happened or I missed it. I do check all the time.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=111654

Thanks.
  2. atchoom Lorekeeper

Swiss likes this.
  3. Hekaton Augur

yes please bring back the dragonfly mount or the roushi (spelling) mount
  4. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Jester pet illusion!
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Paladin likes this.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Ruishi
    [IMG]
    Skuz, MasterMagnus and Paladin like this.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Bring everything back, and leave it in. You can't sell items people want, if you don't make them available.
    Swiss, MasterMagnus and Maedhros like this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is the official response to the marketplace from an older but similar thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...revenue-suggestion.269240/page-2#post-3952042

They could speed up the rotation but they do not want a static market because of:

1. Analysis Paralysis.

2. Limited Edition/FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)

3. Saturation (Items do not feel special).
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

And, to be fair, most games rotate their shop and offer one-time only cosmetics.

For instance, some Fortnite cosmetics do not return for 2 years on their shop. Battle Pass cosmetics never come back. This model applies to Call of Duty and other games.

It is a psychological "trick" to create a sense of scarcity for digital items.

It also creates "loyalty" in that a player must log into the game frequently to find the cosmetic he/she is chasing. Otherwise, in a static shop (all items available), a player could buy 1-2 items and log off for a year. By having a player log in frequently, he/she may buy other items or be upsold (e.g. heritage crate or LoN offerings, etc).
  11. Noinim New Member

How about adding a mass transfer token at a discounted price so all toons can be transferred from one server to a different server?
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Sadly even though I sell things in the marketplace, this is another thread I'm not allowed to comment (or post emojis) on.

Just use your imagination what I might think.
  13. Decease New Member

pls rotate things again,
    Swiss and MasterMagnus like this.
  14. Swiss Augur

How many years is the rotation though, I haven't seen the chetari servant since I was 105 about.