Stomples Day Celebration Returns

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]
    Hop into the fun as you explore Norrath for bunny-born eggs and something new!

Spring is in the air and it's that time of year to celebrate Stomples Day! Grundle Cogwelder continues to be befuddled by the stories of bunnies coming from eggs and would like you to investigate this ever-so-strange phenomenon. You can find him in the Plane of Knowledge where you can offer your help and maybe even earn a reward. Oh, and there is something new for this year, too!

[IMG]

Mei Gacierbane and Seymour Saxifragus Novitiate of Stomples can be found in the Eastern Wastes. Mei has been hard at work getting the camp in order—she takes her spring cleaning very seriously. While Seymour enjoys basking in the clean crisp air and keeping Mei company. Regretfully he has noticed that the snow dervishes have been stirred up and is seeking adventurers to get to the bottom of this dusty situation.

On top of that debacle, the mystery egg dropper has now scattered jellybeans throughout the Eastern and Western Wastes. Make sure you collect them all!

Stomples Day celebrations started this morning and will end on April 18, 2022 at 11:00 p.m. PDT. And just like last year, on April 15, 2022 we're crankin' up bonuses for faction gains, XP gains, and how often rares will spawn by 50%! Those bonuses end when the event ends on April 18. Enjoy!

Follow us on social media! Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

[IMG]
    Dragon Jockey and Rondor like this.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Note: These are the ToV versions of EW and WW.

This is what happens when simply recycling old content. The zones honestly needed a new name, like with SoD, HoT, RoF, etc.. just some minor flavor text to the zone name would have made worlds of difference.
    Tarvas and Fanra like this.
  3. Herf Augur

Are you certain? Not that it wouldn't surprise me, but I found an orange jelly bean spawn in Eastern Wastes on Agnarr. But after looking all over, with a ranger, the NPC isn't there, and no more beans are spawning. I've even killed some snow bunnies to see if they might be related. I also checked EW on live; no beans, no NPC. But clearly the quest was a least briefly spawning on Agnarr. BTW, jelly beans are edible so be careful.

Please fix this; clearly there's no reason for this to be restricted.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Mei Glacierbane [ Novitiate of Stomples ]

Seymour Saxifragus [ Novitiate of Stomples ]

The ground spawns might permeate multiple zones, but both quest givers reside in ToV's version of EW.
  5. Herf Augur

Wow...that's utterly sucky. Not just that it screws many of us out of a new Easter quest,but because they didn't even implement it right or advertise it right. I wasted at least 2 hours looking for them. :( I was really really happy we got a new quest on Agnarr.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Zone names should never be recycled. I have no idea why they don't just change the name slightly. It's been a puzzle to me for years now.
    Tarvas, Wyre Wintermute and Herf like this.
  7. Herf Augur

Maybe they've hit an internal limit on zone names and don't want to risk recoding a core data structure.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

99 44/100 % sure that is not the case. In a database, you have the key, which is the identifier. That would be a number. So, for example, the Plane of Knowledge might be zone number 1403. Then you have the name label, which would be "The Plane of Knowledge".

In code, it is the zone number that counts. The name has zero effect on the coding, it is just a handy label for us humans to see.

This is also the reason for the inconsistency of zone names. For example, when you zone into a zone, you might get, "You have entered Eastern Wastes". But if you look at the achievements, you might see "The Eastern Wastes", with a "The". Because the developer is inconsistent in their labels for different things, even though it is coded with the same zone number. (made up examples, I'm not going to go look at which uses a "The" and which does not right now)

This inconsistency is another thing that is annoying because which should I use for my wiki zone name?
    Mukkul likes this.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Pretty sure that was a jab/joke at things like the plat situation or number of AA's or illusions or bank space etc...any of the many things that get attributed to having some "internal limit."

There's a great one where the base zone data uses one name, the display text uses another.. and then it's reversed for an instanced event in DoDH for Runneye. It drives me nuts.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

All zones have a unique name or we'd never get there. If you look at the duplicated names they using /who of someone in them and they show a two at the end, with the Velious names all they would have needed to do was add restless or frozen or something along those lines to the zone name.

RoF was done right, each rehashed zone had a different name, sadly the zones after have not. Although Dreadlands, Akheva and a few others have completely different names. :)

Whoever does the zone names needs to be a bit more inventive when creating the names. :)
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Accendo Guest

Stomples Day bonuses are now on! Don't miss out on 50% extra faction gains, XP gains, and rare spawn timers. Hop in, happy hunting, and have a great weekend, everyone!
    minimind and Fanra like this.
  12. Szilent Augur

rare spawn timers still not a thing in EverQuest.
  13. Paladin Augur

In reality, the 'rare' spawn time is more like a increased rare spawn chance (vs. another PH).