Tuning of "A Formal Dinner Party"?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Quatr, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Quatr Augur

I have seen conflicting account about the current status of the 19th anniversary task A Formal Dinner Party. Some say that it's been tuned down so that mobs hit for only 10K, give or take. Is it true?
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I know that they greatly reduced the number of mobs to make pulling trivial.
    Quatr likes this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

The scaling issue where it used to scale up endlessly has been fixed.
    The mobs hit for about what you'd expect 19th anniversary mobs to hit for.
    I've done it a couple times hoping to get alts the pearl.

I could probably solo it as a warrior with a few med breaks for life to return if I was careful (there are still a lot of mobs in the library that like to all come at once and even weak hits add up).
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I recall doing this event for my 3 characters on Phinigel & it was relatively easy & straightforward, that was also post-fix as I understand it.
  5. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Everything is light blue, even a box/merc group can pull enough to fill the ext target window with a 120 tank. Ive got no perspective on how much of a change that is from last year as this is my first eq anniversary in a decade.
  6. Quatr Augur

A 110 Necro posted an update a few hours ago:

everything cons yellow and quads for 35k and summons

So I guess we now know the level range for most mobs - around 111-113.
  7. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

It scales like an HA from 75 up to 110(?). The tent one also. At 86 the trash hits for about 6k tops and the final culprit ~8k. Run this 100's of times/year since it started, hasn't changed since the initial tune the first year (apart from scaling issues @ new level caps).

There has been some weird(er) targeting issues this year. There's an NPC in the crypt that "You can't see your target from here" that never happened before. Not one in a coffin, but one just standing in the open. Also the weapon racks are super finicky now about being able to 'see' them. Not to mention the shadowmane on the balcony has no LOS from anywhere in the room now. Used to be able to spam a terror from the hallway while moving around a bit to pull the room, not possible any more.
    Quatr likes this.
  8. MachoSod Lorekeeper

That was me, yep it is rough but doable. Need to set aside 4 hours or so.
    Quatr likes this.