Darkpaw Games is Hiring!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Mar 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niente Developer

I haven't read all of the thread, but I wanted to step in and say Daybreak can hire remotely from the following states:
    CA, WA, TX, MA, CO

That includes GMs as far as I know. I do hope they expand to additional states in the future (tax reasons).

If you have any questions about the associate software engineer position, or working on EQ, please send me a PM.

If you are an EQ player and thinking about applying, please do. This team needs you.
    Beimeith, Elyssanda, Raccoo and 6 others like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I don’t know why anyone would knock you for being paid. I read those posts and you got stonewalled going the official route. Wage theft is a big problem inside the US.

“The authors of the NELP report find that in 2019 alone, $9.27 billion was stolen from workers who earned less than $13 an hour and who were subject to forced arbitration agreements. Further, as many as 26% of the 17.75 million private-sector, nonunion workers subject to forced arbitration, or 4.6 million workers, experienced wage theft in 2019. In addition to legal barriers to recourse, the vast majority of workers experiencing wage theft do not report the violation or seek legal remedies out of fear of retaliation from their employers (Baran and Campbell 2021).”

https://www.epi.org/publication/wage-theft-2021/
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

To be fair, it was promptly and diligently addressed. We don't know the full story - there could have been a change in banking institutions (routing number), mailing address, or personal information - which happens from time to time.

It should have been handled privately and gracefully. It became a rather awkward public spectacle.

I'll avoid fueling a derail here. Good-luck.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

They squared it with me and all of us, so I'm good.

And just to remind people,

Player Studio artists get 40% Darkpaw gets 60% AFTER costs, of actual value behind transaction (free dbc get nothing). It's actually quite generous of them.

When you buy one of my robes, you're paying for some costs (unknown what, but at bare minimum some small costs of keeping the marketplace going), paying Darkpaw more, and paying me.

So yeah, why would anyone knock that?
    Remmmmido likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

My remark was about the public spectacle.

This maxim is illustrative: people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Not to worry, you're there to catch them all.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Touche. Smokezz catching all of my posts.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Tannoy: "Clean up on aisle 4, please! ".
    I kinda hope Accendo gets out the mop & bucket to clean up this thread some.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Interesting, yeah I said apparently because I've never gone back more than about a day (just for typos of course).

My next guess would be 24 hours?
  10. Febb Augur

I edited my post you quoted. The last post I checked was a locked thread so apparently you can't edit locked threads which makes sense. I have the edit ability on other post I have made however.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

This thread is like an onion, there’s layer after layer and makes me cry.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.