no of ores in raid loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Quentil, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Warpeace Augur

DKP is the actual problem concerning T1 loots. Its a bad system that encourages hoarding and only spending it on ore these past expansions.
  2. Tappin Augur

It was a bug, but they couldn’t address for whatever reason. Some items were not meant to be doubled.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What evidence do you have that it was a bug and not intended?
  4. Lubianx Augur

I think it would be better if ore and drops were pretty much the same with maybe 1 or 2 minor differences between pieces.

These differences could be in the form of say less "important" heroics. Example the pally and SK BPs could have identical stats but 2 more hInt for the ore and 2 more hWis for the drop. SKs would likely go for the ore and palies for the drop but the difference would be insignificant that any choice is fine. It would then be the other way around for arms etc.

The same could be for casters, 1 will have a couple more hDex, the other hAgil, etc
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

no double loot last night hope maybe tonight?
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Should be, mission chests have two ores.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

It slows down gearing up.
    With ore being best you get 1 BIS from a chest.
    With ore being 2nd best you get 4 BIS in a chest.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because some players chose to ignore drops that are not best in slot doesn't mean that the devs should change how they design loot. Ores being the best loot makes all the effort to craft the items worth it and by your logic if they made ores second best they would just rot and be wasted. At least with the current system there is no work involved with getting the lower tier items which makes them more likely to be used.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

True, but not really my point.
    If you have 4 BIS drop per chest then it takes x weeks to fully gear up. If you have 1 BIS then it takes 4x as long to fully gear up. Im fairly sure that was a large part of why they changed it. They wanted it to take longer to gear up. They could have instead reduced item gear drop to one per chest, but then people would have revolted. This way they stretch it out but when you open a chest it still looks like a lot of treasure.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And when we had more loot in the chests including 2/3/4 ores people complained that too much was dropping. They are trying to balance the speed of gearing up based on complaints that it is too slow and complaints that there is too much loot.

Either way you can't judge the speed of gearing up while ignoring most of the drops in the chest because they are not the best in slot.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I noticed that I could see level 116,117 and 118 spell-gems on the raid-vendor. I think that is new, I couldn't see them last month.

I haven't beaten the "Close the Gate"-raid yet, which could explain why I couldn't see all the spellgems.
    Marton likes this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Oh look. Cicelee is on this yet again. You have no say in how others choose to build their character, like go away with this, we know! We've heard you give this opinion like 27 times. Enough already.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Double loot an ore on tonights raids.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  14. Tappin Augur

There isn't enough raid content to support a multi tier set of gear. No matter how hard they try, DP can't fix their problem.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

And Necros.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There aren't enough Tappin comments to support an entire thread. We NEED more, Tappin. No matter how hard we try, we can't get our fix.
  17. Marton Augur

I can't log in atm. How much are they?
  18. Lianeb Augur

168 for all levels
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Loot felt normal. But double ore and it felt like double spells.
    Are you sure on the double loot?
  20. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

I don't think double normal loot (F triple range item drops though), but we had double for sure on ore, spells and ornaments.