no of ores in raid loot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Quentil, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Quentil New Member

With the 3 months passing from new xpc raids going live , the coin rewards have gone up , but not no of ore's , is it me ? or am i miss remebering in my old age that they should also go up as well ? , be a pain if its keeps to 1 ore fro whole year ( so far mainly only rangers have got an ore yet for our bow's yet )
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

• 3 months: 20 currency
    • 6 months: 30 currency + double loot(including spells and ores)
    • 9 months: 40 currency + double loot(including spells and ores)
    I think? :confused:
    Yinla, Fanra and Sancus like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

Not every member has to have ore loot in every slot.
    Duder likes this.
  4. The real Sandaormo Augur

They don't?
    Kialya, Annastasya and Ozon like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Just bards.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. strongbus Augur

giving that they started out with only 1 ore instead of 2 I would guess they are sick and tired of everyone just going ore for every slot instead of using the t1 stuff. if everyone goes for ore for each slot it makes all the work they did to make the t1 stuff a waste of time.
    Duder, Annastasya and minimind like this.
  7. josh Augur

Really its a number of days, 90 days, 180, 270. so loot doubles on june 5th
  8. minimind The Village Idiot

All the more reason to go back to the RoS loot method where ore = T1 and template/container = T2+.
    Xeladom and Jumbur like this.
  9. Tevik Augur

I mean...
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Funny. You must not know raiders very well :p
    Marton and Coagagin like this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If you already have ore-loot from CoV, then there isn't much use for tier1 gear from ToL(except for a few selected focus-effects).
    DBG seems to really combat gear inflation this time around.
    Coagagin likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I seem to remember complaints in recent years about the number of items in a chest and the value of the T1 items. If anything maybe they listened to the complaints and took action based on that? I don't think they really cared who was looting what.
  13. Syylke_EMarr Augur

They need to do away with ores as the top tier of gear, in my opinion. I hate this itemization philosophy.
    Aeonblade, Kialya, Annastasya and 5 others like this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

No. They don't.
  15. Cicelee Augur

I know most higher end raiders care about winning quickly and their magelo stats/rankings.

I am saying that to win, a guild does not need 100% ore in every slot on the 54 raiders at that time. I would guess you need 80 percent raid loot from prior expansion, and overall if the guild has 30% minimum ore loot then you will be fine. And those are numbers out of thin air.
  16. minimind The Village Idiot

I think my casual raid alliance broke into ToL with nearly-if-not 100% CoV raid loot with a decent amount of ore (many Saturday nights farming). Of the 73 raiders who looted at least one CoV ore, the average total looted was 6.23 per raider with the high being 15.

We raid only once per week and as we're focusing on first-time wins in ToL (not farming), I think we only have 30-ish ToL ores in the raid so far. We've beaten every event except Close the Gate (which we're yet to attempt).

EDIT: I’ve been reminded that this accounts for CoV ores purchased with DKP. there is also the CoV ores acquired using raid currency. With that in mind, it’s likely that our raiders likely have 3-7 more ores depending on attendance and how they spent their currency. (44-slot containers!!)
  17. Tappin Augur

The complaints were about the loot system in general an stupid bug that double loot that wasn’t supposed to be doubled. To be more specific, no one really wants T1 loot or they do, but won’t spend any meaningful DKP on it. DP being stingy with loot has nothing to do with the main complaint.
  18. Cicelee Augur

Six ores for what, 20 or so slots? Sounds like 30 percent of the raid force :)
    minimind likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It wasn't a bug that doubled loot otherwise it would have been fixed. And people not wanting T1 loot because of DKP is a guild problem with them handling loot and letting it rot nothing to do with what drops in game.
  20. minimind The Village Idiot

Note: edit made to my post.