Please rethink this new TLP Daybreak Team...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicious EQ, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Vicious EQ Elder

Rumors were flying on Twitch last night. So I just want to say this here in advance...

If you announce a Gates of Discord start TLP, the forums are going to explode in revolt, and it will expose just how out of touch you are with the TLP player base.

Secondary gimmicks in the ruleset won't make it ok. This is a lazy way to give us Beastlord and Berserkers at the start.

Mischief / Thornblade are both about to go into GoD in a few weeks. We will have been playing in that era for almost 2 months when this new one opens.

There will be massive player outcry if you do this. Rethink this please.
    Corydon Coles, Siah, Lawyer and 4 others like this.
  2. PhantomRogue New Member

Depending which of the rumors turn out to be true, this years TLP server is looking like its going to be a giant joke.
    Corydon Coles, Hibiki and Fenthen like this.
  3. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Rumors don't amount to much without anything to back them up. Like maybe a link to said stream.
    Jubilee, minimind, Vindar and 2 others like this.
  4. Triconix Augur

So stay on your server if you don't like the rules? Nothing is forcing you to move to a new TLP each time one is released besides maybe needing to pay your basement rent.
  5. a_librarian Augur

have you even stopped and considered that this TLP will progress backwards? I bet you feel foolish now
    Vumad, Xhartor, Bardy McFly and 6 others like this.
  6. Vicious EQ Elder

I actually lol'd
    minimind likes this.
  7. wade_watts Augur

Yeah, a gates start would be garbage. I'm sure someone misunderstood.
  8. RABKkehhalla Elder

I think GoD start would be sick
    Zrender, Xhartor and minimind like this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Whats wrong with a GoD start besides Mischief and Thornblade being around that era? Or you're just upset that this new TLP will steal players from your server? The new TLP is going to steal players regardless, its the circle of (TLP) life.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. verbatim Elder

Let's get a DON start server with level 70 starting toons. It's what the players want.
    Kaenneth and RABKkehhalla like this.
  11. Crabman Augur

Please don’t be a god start. Actually I guess a god start is fine… as long as there’s also a classic start tlp along with it so that people have something to actually start on.
    Ponter likes this.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

DoN start but TSS doesn't open for a year, give those long unlock folks what they want :p
  13. RABKkehhalla Elder

This. Add random loot and drakkin too. Perfection.
  14. Vindar Augur

GoD start sounds great, let's go.
  15. hellofriend New Member

GoD start is definitely just a troll. It would just make no logical sense with the last round of servers going GoD at around the same time. As questionable as their actions have been historically, I doubt there is anyone that far out of touch at Darkpaw who would propose this as an legitimate idea.
    Lawyer likes this.
  16. Piznut Angry Gnome

I'd take free trade, increased drop chances like Mischief, and SoF or SoD start any day of the week. I'd even prefer starting at level 1. It'd give folks the chance to level up in zones that never get touched due to them being released with later expansions.
  17. Haak Augur

Sometimes you have to find the absolute floor when it comes to new TLP interest to really understand what your player metrics look like. If this rumor turns out to be true, I think they'll have their answer.

To be fair though, maybe this TLP would be aimed at the existing live player base. While many players permanently quit live during that era, those that have stuck around all these years since may prefer a TLP that skips all the early stuff and puts them closer to whatever they find interesting about GoD and beyond.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Miragul launched in HoT when Phinny was in VoA (barely, but still) so there is some precedence..
    ForumBoss and Skuz like this.
  19. a_librarian Augur

If they are experimenting with a level lock I think GoD start sort of makes sense. The most rewarding raid content is tuned pretty well for geared and AA'd 65s. If the whole gimmick of level locking is to give people a range of content to throw their under-leveled bodies at then doing it with GoD raids at the pinnacle would be funny. The expansion might be clearable at level 60 but would probably require abusing the hell out of glyphs.
    Jubilee, Joules_Bianchi and Skuz like this.
  20. Machen New Member

They did exactly this very thing with Miragul starting in House of Thule right when Phinigel was around the same point. Sad as it is, I don't think we can dismiss this as impossible.
    Corydon Coles and Fenthen like this.