New Server TLP Idea

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SAmuraiJack, Mar 10, 2022.

1. SAmuraiJack New Member

2. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

No.
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. Crabman Augur

Someone needs to take your keyboard away.
    Nolrog and Roxas MM like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Not a new idea, seen this exact same idea several times before.

And it is just as terrible an idea as it was the last few times.
    Lawyer and Lineater like this.
  5. SAmuraiJack New Member

Where is your since of adventure. I'm sure with all those years of everquest experience you would do good at any class. Oh, some other people brought this idea up before, interesting.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For a "one character slot only" server you would be hamstringing every single player who wanted to tradeskill, where else are they going to find that "mule storage" they so drastically depend upon.

Any player who started playing before their class was available would have to delete their existing character or start a new account, losing any account wide bonuses they may have accrued from past activity & purchases - that is unless they could play their ideal class right from the start or unless a "class change token" was created to enable you to choose a new class of the same level of your current one with gearing equivalents also swapped - and I think the class change token is probably a non-starter due to the coding it would require.

When players get bored of their class, or wish to swap to a different class to help their guild out they again need to delete the class they put so much time & effort into, or multi-account.

All this really does is force players to have more accounts, which might be okay for a few players but will be just too much expense for most. You may think DPG benefit from this but they wouldn't as this would heavily impact the appeal of such a server.
    Indeed, if anything players would like more character slots per account, like at least 16 so they can have 1 of every class.
  7. SAmuraiJack New Member

Skuz please do not comment on any threads from me. You seem to be very negative and I have not seen you post a positive thing on the forum, but you seem to comment to ever single persons post.
  8. SAmuraiJack New Member

Conceptional Idea's will have hurls to over come. When people get together to share there idea's the hurls can be overcame.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

One character slot reminds me of the FV server before they realized that was a bad idea and eventually gave them the same character slots that the rest of the servers got.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:rolleyes:
    If you are too fragile to handle some reasonable critique don't post on open forums.
    When forums users post bad ideas I say so, when they post good ones I also say so, I am not wholly negative, there are just a lot of bad ideas going around again and this was just one of them.

You might want to think your ideas through and weigh up the pros & cons a little better before posting them, while my first post was maybe a bit harsh and was lacking in rational critique the second one went into a few explanations of why this is a bad idea.

You also contradict yourself here, because I pointed out the hurdles & also explained why they were hurdles to begin with, that is absolutely a part of the process of fine-tuning any "concept", though as concepts go yours was extremely simple.

If you say on one hand you want people to come together to work on something then when someone does that tell them to never do it again because you didn't like what they said then you aren't exactly being open to the principles of collaborative brainstorming are you?
  11. Nolrog Augur

Actually I think it sounds worse each time I hear it.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Piznut Angry Gnome

Can you stop making multiple threads for this. Just put them all into one post in one thread so we can ignore it easier.

Getting hammered and starting a new "TLP idea" thread for every random stray thought isn't good form.
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

He's not wrong though.
    Popknot likes this.
  14. Triconix Augur

We should hurl this idea into the trash then we won't have to overcome the hurdles.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler likes this.
  15. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Not to mention some of us have been playing this game so long, we are no longer capable of clearing hurdles, for reasons.
    Skuz and Nolrog like this.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

DPG is way too lenient with the trash threads people are allowed to post.
  17. Vindar Augur

Do they even moderate anymore? Doesn't seem like it.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The CM definitely do moderate, though mostly for trolling, I can confirm the system works because I've been unable to resist my own fair share of trolling at times & after building up enough penalty points got sin-binned.

But its worth remembering even bad ideas can sometimes lead to or inspire surprising responses that might be of value to the devs.
    Or even thoughtful put downs of bad ideas can spur better suggestions, if not at least the more benevolently humourous ones can be amusing.
  19. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

In my limited experience posting on these forums, I have had Skuz comment on a couple posts I have made and I always find his insight to be useful and accurate. I feel as though that is also the case here.