Tour de WEQ 2022

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braxan, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Braxan New Member

Just for fun, I undertook an exercise to show the relative performance of the various raiding guilds given the new raid launch format of the last two years. Now with three tiers that open on set dates a month apart, the old measure of who finished all raids first, second, third, etc. no longer is accurate in measuring each guild’s relative dedication and raiding performance.

I looked around and discarded various point systems (such as Formula 1) as results could be changed depending on how the points were assigned to each of the various finishing places. I also found it was too likely with only three events/tiers that there would be a ‘tie’ between various guilds. Finally, place standing did really not tell the ‘by how much’ story. After some research, I chose the Tour De France lowest aggregate time concept (designated by the coveted yellow jersey used in the races) as I found that completion times for each tier provided a hard data with which to differentiate guild performance that was not subject to arbitrary points. As such, the Tour De EQ idea was born.

Please find below the inaugural Tour de EQ 2022 results based on the guilds that completed Tier 3 within 24 hours from the noon PST launch on March 5, 2022. While each guild’s placing is recorded for each of the three tiers, the table is sorted by the end of season results ( Note that all data used was pulled from our friends at the Elite Gamers Lounge):
    [IMG]
    It should be noted that actual best times were faster than shown, however due to issues on DBG’s end with events not actually going ‘live’ at the prescheduled times, for consistency and comparison sake all times used were measured from the scheduled noon PST on launch times.

Now let loose the Forum Qestors with their ‘opinions’!!!
    Rexa and Disgruntal like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It looks like there are some errors in the data as you have TR at 14:18:59 for T2 which was the time they completed it and not the difference from the first completed time.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. Braxan New Member

Thanks, checked the spread sheet and fixed the references. The image has been updated.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  4. Proximoe Elder

Do the next chart based on how many wipes or reset events. Would like to see how everyone faired. Cause it seems like using your best run doesn’t accurately depict the race aspect.

Or could just use the one provided at egl
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

I think you got a little dyslexic on ROI's T2 time:

Listed: 0:59:05
    Actual: 0:55:09

Total listed: 3:05:23
    Actual: 3:01:27
  6. Robnie Augur

Do number of event resets next!
  7. Disgruntal New Member

It was inevitable that a guild that dropped a rank based on "time" would have an objection to an alternate way of looking at the race.

Remember, there is always next year + Your guild was founded to dethrone RoV/Fu which you did, maybe you guys could reform Spite2.0 and target RoI.
  8. Proximoe Elder

Was more of a break away from non like minded people, to more like minded people to have fun. Have just been recklessly ascending as you can tell. We are already in the works of making a new alt guild (RAlhallah) to compete with theirs. Was a fun race this year
    Duder and Petah like this.
  9. Ozon Augur

That is a fair argument, just like the argument that a guild who dropped a a rank based on the established criteria would have an objection and would therefore seek an alternative way of looking at the race.
  10. Robnie Augur

[IMG]

PEW PEW PEW
  11. Einstein New Member

Since you seem to be oddly focused on this I will do my best to save you any further confusion.

The Close the Gate event does not need to be started to trigger the raid relocation script. You simply say the keyword the NPC provides and your raid is relocated.

The event was never started and reset. You clearly do not see the event start text on the screen until the event is activated. The NPC had this feature in beta. I suggest you pay better attention in the future.

You don't have to take my word for it. Try it yourself.
    Jondalar, Sancus and FawnTemplar like this.
  12. Proximoe Elder

Does the chart add the times for events multiple times or just takes the one best?
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It appears to be taking the time for completing the last event in a tier which is how the raid tracker on elite gamers does it.
  14. Emilari UI Designer

Not all of us signed on for that... some of us just signed on for having fun with like-minded people. Sure enough, it was a ton of fun and I'm looking forward to next year!
  15. Disgruntal New Member

Yeah, at the end of the day, all this chart means is if 9 raids went live in 1 day. you would not have been second. the time to complete was not on your side. BUT... it didn't and long standing rules of EQ say that kill final tier 1st and your that place for the year.

This was more of an amusing way or satisfying the generic naysayers with their, well what if we rank it like this, well, i think it should be vanquisher, well my guild doesn't care about the race so we are the real winners, well, my guild doesn't even raid, so stop making stupid posts that i have to sort through.

Next year lets make EVERY guild who wants to be ranked stream, and we will record the second that they start the script until they get the /conq flags. yeah, lets do that. oh wait, then we will all wait for ooc/burns and thats not fair... oh well. guess we can just be bitter for another year.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It should be noted that if all the raids went live on the same day the rankings could be completely different as based on each guild they may or may not be able to dedicate the time needed to complete all 9 raids in a single day.
  17. Robnie Augur

[IMG]
    Coagagin, Anjie, Petah and 1 other person like this.
  18. Meckwell Reckless Ascension Recruiter

Class is congratulating guilds that do well on raid day. For an example, please see:

https://www.recklessascension.org/

The opposite of that would be changing the ranking rules AFTER you had lost. Ask yourself for just a moment, if you would have come up with this chart if RA has come second on total time and SR has come second on the commonly accepted ranking system of T3 finish? I can assure you, RA would not have, and if we did, we would have shared it internally only to fire up the team for next year.
    Anjie and Emilari like this.
  19. FawnTemplar Augur

Yeah this part was super classy:
    "It took us about 5 mins to make the trek across the zone and that cost us dearly...Because RoI next leveled it by running a single toon over, starting the event and then resetting it, which ported the entire raid force across the zone instantly. It was brilliant and it's one of the reasons RoI is the best guild in EverQuest (for now). Now we could be sticklers and say RoI technically wiped to CtG as a result of employing this tactic but that would be petty and RA is not petty... but I will leave it to you dear readers to draw your own conclusions."

Its funny because RA is on here throwing around accusations of other people being bitter when they are putting stuff like this up. Its funny because you are trying to roast someone for attempting to change the "rules" when RA has on this thread and in the link you provided hinted that RoI shouldn't be considered number one because we "technically wiped" (even though we didn't). Backhanded compliments aren't classy.

You guys were 14 minutes behind us at the end of Primal Vampire, that has nothing to do with your 5 minute run (why did this take you so long anyhow) across a zone. You could do with a dose of humility frankly.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would hope there is more to judging an expansion worth of raids released in 3 parts over 3 months then how you finish on the final event.