EverQuest Roadmap 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 19, 2022.

1. coltongrundy Augur

Today is a later date than when the roadmap was posted. Can have new TLP rules announced now?
  2. Mukkul Augur

Good news, the new 64-bit EQ client runs fine on my old PC, aside from using more RAM. I know some day I'll have to buy a new PC, but it is not this day.
    Skuz and Metanis like this.
  3. Iven Antonius Bayle

Just wait 2 years, as microchip miniaturization and GPU power is going through the roof already and will be at 1nm and less then for the market. As always the development is much more advanced already and everything that you can buy is overpriced junk that does get labeled as "new".
  4. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

Could we please get an Oceanic server? We really can't stay up playing at 12-3am just to group with the folks in the U.S.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For the 25 people who would use it?

My number is definitely wrong, by how much is debatable but its nowhere near big enough for its own server.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wouldn't the EU server suit you better?
  7. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

Oh it's big enough, too many Oceanic players scattered across servers.
  8. Abundant Elder

This idea was absolutely admirable. Just a random thanks even though I may have already mentioned it before when the thread originally came out. Thank you for making an official post addressing cheating being addressed more seriously as well. It is terribly bothersome to a great number in the community, and has been a main reason main have left the game over time. Integrity in a game as special as EQ should be front and center. Keep up the good work.
  9. Boogatti Lorekeeper

Hi this is Jenn,

Thanks.
  10. Iven Antonius Bayle

I am looking forward for the new UI at most as the current one is so bugged with all those windows not saving their positions and sizes. It will be much work so 2023 or later is fine for the release date. Class balancing is also very important.

Two new events are planned for the months may and june which is not a good idea as there are already to many events and especially the month march is totally overloaded. The month march should be only there for the big anniversary event and nothing else. Events do just mean more stress and this is something that I do not like. There is more than enough work to do already. A game should be relaxing and not work with a to-do-list. There are so many events with hundreds of quests that it is not possible to keep track of them. This is frustrating. Of course we could just ignore the events and we should do so but some are nice. No wonder that so many players do prefer more relaxing TLP servers. Events that have nothing to do with Norrath are a bad thing too. There are at least six of them. It destroyed immersion and the uniqueness of EQ so much. About every other game has those silly events for new year, Valentine's day, eastern, St. Patricks day, harvest, helloween and christmas.

Dear devs think about this for event timing balance please:
    • Remove Brew Day (St. Patricks Day)
    • Move Stomple's Day to mid april
    • Move Bristlebane's Day into may and forget about Tempest Festival
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have never had any of my windows move or become displaced on my UI. Except when I have clicked to fast in certain areas and flipped between windowed and full screen. Of course that changes layouts. Sometimes resolutions can affect the ability to save window positions as can camping all the way out, using the patcher, computer permissions etc.

Not saying it does not happen cause I have seen players post about it and the steps to fix it.

I hope whatever they do to the UI that it will allow the print to be larger for all windows in the UI and the whole thing to run on larger/widescreen computer monitors.
    Stymie likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

UI not saving properly generally happens if you don't exit the game by camping out and instead exit the game in another fashion.
    Hobitses and CatsPaws like this.
  13. Iven Antonius Bayle

I always use "/camp" or "/camp desktop" but it still does not save some windows positions and size correctly like the item description windows and some layout in the Advanced Loot Window. It might have something to do with boxing as map changes and changes in "/note" also do not get saved correctly sometimes.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can't disagree with this more. For those of us who have played the same main for 20+ years it is nice to have something new to do outside of the current expansion.

The expansions are small these days, a lot are finished with the expansion by the time we get to March so it is very nice to have new stuff added over the next 6 - 8 months to keep us playing during the summer months.

My only request would be the new stuff sticks around for more than 2 weeks, a month would be ideal for those who go on 2 week vacations.
    Hobitses likes this.
  15. Iven Antonius Bayle

I am always wondering how much a player has seen from an expansion, even when its small, when she/he is done in just 3 months with it as I do still discover so many "new" stuff in very old zones nearly daily so maybe you only did progression, achievements, and got your PC (just a single one ??) geared up. Frankly you seem to be a player type that does only pick the cherries from the expansions. I had a similar playstyle in the past so this is not meant to be an offense against you.

I am also wondering why so much dev time does get invested for what I call the cherry picker players CPP (tm). Some might also know them as achievers. Is this player group really that important and big ? It would help the game so much more to just make bigger expansions with more quests and things to discover and explore instead of creating a few dozen of new event quests each year which do not feel as they are an important part of the game with their low immersion and availability due to their seasonal limitation.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When you unselect completed when looking at achievements and nothing comes up when you click general for an expansion, I class that as done. Yeah that includes raids, which along with collects is all I have left on my main for this expansion. Don't need AA or exp for this expansion anymore so collects will more than likely wait now until the next expansion releases and I need more AA. Some of the older expansions are missing hunter, but I don't enjoy killing greys and stuff that I killed when it was current. :rolleyes: it's not like the rewards will be worth the effort at level 120.

The same thing happens when I unselect completed for most of the achievments for the anniversary/holiday quests and missions. I have the bonus ones from the last 2 years still to do, but I wasn't a fan of the last few quests so didn't bother to repeat them for the achieves which don't give me any real reward for doing them other than a check in a box, they will most likely get done this time round if I run an alt through them.

I do pick and choose what I do on my alts, main aim at the moment is to finish Heros Journey on my rogue, just need to max out 2 themes in LDON and do 2 monster missions, neither of which excite me. So I'm always finding other things to do on them. But I have 4 or 5 alts maxed out to last expansion on the heroic AAs. 2 alts are over 300 in all their tradeskills, that includes poison for the rogue, alchemy for shaman and I think I have 2 tinkers over 300.

I have an extremely high playtime. I've cut back a bit this last year and been doing some running and workouts which is why the alts aren't done yet. I don't play other games and when normal people are wasting time watchig TV, I'm in EQ getting my fix and chatting with friends. So we are talking something along the lines of 4 - 5 hours a night and 3 hours in the afternoon before I cook dinner, mornings are taken up with my fitness stuff and housework/chores. The joys of not working......
    Hobitses and Skuz like this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think that when you use /camp and it comes up with a window that asks "Fast camp now?" if you select yes then it wont save your layout.
  18. Paladin Augur

So... the Community Resource Council was listed as January in the road map.

This was to be finalized by 2/18/22, but the last Dev comment on this I see was on 2/17/22, saying there was a delay due to so many apps.

It is now approaching April... Update?
    Hobitses likes this.
  19. Atlanticfog New Member

20. Atlanticfog New Member

will unused lvl85 heroic gifts be upgraded to lvl 100?
    September:
    • Heroic Characters Update - New Heroic Characters will start at level 100
    And will transfers from account to account ever be open again?